Which ones?! Koni+GC vs BC BR - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD WHEELS, TIRES, & SUSPENSION DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By B.R.03ex

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 4th, 2013, 03:35 PM   #1

Which ones?! Koni+GC vs BC BR

Looking at coilovers, I want to be as low as possible and have stiff spring rates. My friend has BC BR extreme lows and i love them but i heard they arent able to go as low on our cars (he has a wrx) So i have been trying to decide between the Koni+GC or BC coilovers. Ive searched and cant seem to find any pictures of either coilover on max low. Any advice helps. Thanks guys!!!
6SpdGen7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 5th, 2013, 11:54 AM   #2
Slammed & Stunning

Send a message via AIM to MatthewYu
I have the GC and Konis.
I love them and I'm slammed
Keep in mind that they come with lifetime warranty and that GC comes with custom Eibach springs
I suggest you order 7" springs with stiff rates. You'll be very happy I promise.
The BC coils are great as well but more expensive, harder to raise &lower, & only comes with one year warranty.
MatthewYu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 5th, 2013, 12:05 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewYu View Post
I have the GC and Konis.
Keep in mind that they come with lifetime warranty and that GC comes with custom Eibach springs
I suggest you order 7" springs with stiff rates. You'll be very happy I promise.
The BC coils are great as well but more expensive, harder to raise &lower, & only comes with one year warranty.
Lifetime Warranty FTW
DiceX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old September 5th, 2013, 12:15 PM   #4

Quote:
I have the GC and Konis.
Raising and lowering is just as simple as the koni/GC set up. All you have to do is break the lower collar loose, spin it up to the desired height, and spin the entire shock and spring assembly down or up. Having the full body coilover set-up keeps the shock travel consistent no matter what height your at which will always make the ride better.

Honestly between the two, you cant really go wrong with either one, you just have to decide what you want. I have BC coilovers and they ride extremely nice and I dont regret getting them.
dandaman15 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 5th, 2013, 12:37 PM   #5
Slammed & Stunning

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandaman15 View Post
Raising and lowering is just as simple as the koni/GC set up. All you have to do is break the lower collar loose, spin it up to the desired height, and spin the entire shock and spring assembly down or up. Having the full body coilover set-up keeps the shock travel consistent no matter what height your at which will always make the ride better.

Honestly between the two, you cant really go wrong with either one, you just have to decide what you want. I have BC coilovers and they ride extremely nice and I dont regret getting them.
I'm well aware of the process but GC and koni are easier. All you have to do is spin the collar. It may not be that much easier but it is overall.

Both setups are amazing but I'd opt for the GC koni for the reasons I stated above. You'll also be lower which is your goal
Old September 5th, 2013, 08:08 PM   #6

Quote:
I have the GC and Konis.
Thanks for the help guys!!! It is greatly appreciated! Ive got Tokico HTS right now but I think Konis would be better because of the adjustable perch. And MatthewYu, do I just make a note when ordering the springs to order them in 7 inches? Thanks again
6SpdGen7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 6th, 2013, 09:12 PM   #7
Slammed & Stunning

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6SpdGen7 View Post
Thanks for the help guys!!! It is greatly appreciated! Ive got Tokico HTS right now but I think Konis would be better because of the adjustable perch. And MatthewYu, do I just make a note when ordering the springs to order them in 7 inches? Thanks again

I would call them personally.
Ground Control is based out of California and they're techs are very helpful. And request for shorter and stiffer springs and they'll make a work order. Just as long as you're purchasing through them.
I suggest you check out TireRack right now. They have a special on Koni's last month and it only cost me $122 a shock for the fronts.
Old September 7th, 2013, 09:24 AM   #8

Check out redline360.com I ordered a set of Koni Yellows from them last week for $488 shipped.
thisaznboi88 likes this.
B.R.03ex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in