04 accord front lower control arm - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD WHEELS, TIRES, & SUSPENSION DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bozos_si

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 22nd, 2014, 11:12 AM   #1

04 accord front lower control arm

My girlfriends car has been making weird noises. I finally lifted up the front of the car and noticed the front lower control arm bushing is cracking. Are they easy to replace or am I better off just replacing the whole lower control arm? If I should replace the whole lower control arm what manufacturer do you suggest I go with?
bozos_si is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 22nd, 2014, 11:25 AM   #2
Carpe Diem

I debated the same exact thing as well. I decided just to replace the whole LCA. I bought Raybestos Professional Grade LCAs (5021060 & 5021059) for about $74 each on Rockauto.com.
ikethegreat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 22nd, 2014, 11:27 AM   #3

How long have you had them in? Bushings still look good? I know I have had problems with buying some other manufactured parts from like O'reiley's and within a year the bushings were junk. I just don't want to go through with that on this. Want to get the best part for the lowest amount of money. LOL.

If I just went with the bushing does the old bushing need to be pressed out and new one pressed in? If so it would be pointless to do that when the whole control arm would have to come off anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikethegreat View Post
I debated the same exact thing as well. I decided just to replace the whole LCA. I bought Raybestos Professional Grade LCAs (5021060 & 5021059) for about $74 each on Rockauto.com.

Old April 23rd, 2014, 06:56 AM   #4
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozos_si View Post
How long have you had them in? Bushings still look good? I know I have had problems with buying some other manufactured parts from like O'reiley's and within a year the bushings were junk. I just don't want to go through with that on this. Want to get the best part for the lowest amount of money. LOL.
I just ordered mine a few days ago and they haven't arrived yet.

Quote:
If I just went with the bushing does the old bushing need to be pressed out and new one pressed in? If so it would be pointless to do that when the whole control arm would have to come off anyways.
That is correct. This is why I just decided to replace the whole arm.
ikethegreat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 23rd, 2014, 11:16 AM   #5

Thanks.
Old April 23rd, 2014, 04:13 PM   #6

Send a message via AIM to t-rd
I am thinking about doing the same, but you'll have to battle to take the main bolt where the compliance bushing is off. I tried to install a suspension stiffening arm one time and noticed that the entire bolt just turns with the bushing. So you'll most likely have to cut the bolt. Get some spare OEM bolts ready.
t-rd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 24th, 2014, 02:45 PM   #7
J35 _ 5-Speed A/T

I can tell you guys that from a 6th gen owners perspective on aftermarket suspension component replacements -- I would suggest OEM. You may get about half life on aftermarket vs OEM. Aftermarket dust boots seem to wear out quicker than OEM dust boots. Same with aftermarket bushings.

Maybe the 7th gen aftermarket support is better, but thats my 2 cents -- from a 6th gen owners perspective.
WHEEELMAN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 24th, 2014, 03:01 PM   #8

Her car only has 120k on it and it's already bad.
Old May 3rd, 2014, 06:50 PM   #9

Just did this. Yes you need a new bolt. That was not fun to get off. Also if you live where we live and your crap gets rusty you will need a new sway bar link too. Only way to get those off is bust them off. So to those that plan on doing this make sure you have the extra bolt and sway bar link with you other wise you will be screwed.

Im still not done just because I went and picked up a new sway bar link to have everything to get the job done. When I went to put the sway bar link on is when I noticed the parts store sold me the wrong one. Went back there to find out the right one I need they dont have in stock. Have to wait to finish the job tomorrow.
Old May 8th, 2014, 06:51 AM   #10
初めまして

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHEEELMAN View Post
I can tell you guys that from a 6th gen owners perspective on aftermarket suspension component replacements -- I would suggest OEM. You may get about half life on aftermarket vs OEM. Aftermarket dust boots seem to wear out quicker than OEM dust boots. Same with aftermarket bushings.

Agree with Wheeelman here. If possible, get OEM, even the nuts and bolts. But of course, it all depend on the budget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozos_si
.. Yes you need a new bolt. That was not fun to get off. Also if you live where we live and your crap gets rusty you will need a new sway bar link too. Only way to get those off is bust them off. So to those that plan on doing this make sure you have the extra bolt and sway bar link with you other wise you will be screwed.
Same with Bozo_si, when tackling the LCA, you're better off replacing the front sway bar links. Here I suggest going with OEM as well, but I know we're limited with time and money here.
Old May 8th, 2014, 07:19 AM   #11

I picked up a brand new Moog lower control arm and sway bar link. The seat bar link i like over the oem.
Scottwax likes this.
Old May 8th, 2014, 07:51 AM   #12
J30 Lovin'

Send a message via Skype™ to mrj30
I've been wondering what that noise coming from the fgront of my car was, ill probably look into it today.
mrj30 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 8th, 2014, 08:03 AM   #13
初めまして

Quote:
I picked up a brand new Moog lower control arm and sway bar link. The seat bar link i like over the oem.
The Moog sway-bar links does look "beefier" compared to OEM, can't argue with that
Old May 8th, 2014, 08:12 AM   #14
Mr. Detail

Quote:
Used Moog LCA bushings and end links when I did the TL-S front anti-roll bar. Combination of the LCA bushings and anti-roll bar really tightened up the front end.

2004 Infiniti G35 6MT. Also super shiny.
Scottwax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 8th, 2014, 08:23 AM   #15

The big bushing towards thee front of the car was shot. When i removed it i noticed the lower shock bushing was shot too. Picked up the Moog lower control arm for 50 bucks shipped on Amazon.
Old May 12th, 2014, 04:31 PM   #16

If you have access to a press, you can replace the bushing without doing the whole LCA. That saves at least $100 or so in parts.
03EX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 14th, 2014, 05:53 AM   #17
J30 Lovin'

Send a message via Skype™ to mrj30
I need to look into this because when i did my alignment yesterday mine were gone. completely worn out.
mrj30 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 14th, 2014, 06:17 AM   #18

I bought a moog control arm and Moog sway bar link. Both parts together were under a hundred bucks total.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03EX View Post
If you have access to a press, you can replace the bushing without doing the whole LCA. That saves at least $100 or so in parts.
Old June 6th, 2014, 03:46 PM   #19

thats a good deal for those moog control arms
mfv6accord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 6th, 2014, 06:05 PM   #20

^ Moog aint that great. Raybesto has been proven to make better ball joints and pivots. Not saying moog sucks, just seems the name got hyped. Its like saying "ohh AC Delco, that the $hit !! " . Basically identical when pulled apart, and the metal they are made of.
accord325 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 6th, 2014, 06:56 PM   #21

I have used many moog parts for my 94 accord, 98 accord, 02 accord, 04 accord and my 06 accord. so far every moog part I have used has lasted me for as long as I have owned the car. May not be the best but for me they work.
Old June 7th, 2014, 08:07 PM   #22
dave

Yeah, moog has always lasted me and the last time I checked they have a lifetime warranty on most things.
ertpecs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 8th, 2014, 07:21 AM   #23

I think mainly you have to see where the part is. I know moog and other brands are made in different countries. If it says made in china deffinately stay away from it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in