Basic suspension work suggestions - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD WHEELS, TIRES, & SUSPENSION DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 30th, 2014, 02:12 PM   #1

Basic suspension work suggestions

Hi,

2005 Accord 4 Cylinder

Car has about 60K and for whatever reason it might be, I feel like the struts and suspension need a fix sooner or later. It doesn't bounce crazy on the free-way, but just doesn't feel tight. The car just feels a lot diff't and I've owned the car since it had 9K.

I would like to do an upgrade in struts and springs. I don't want to play w/ the settings, and would like to just get something that's an upgrade over OEM and lower the subtly. I don't do any mods and plan on just getting better tires on OEM rims. I just want her to handle better. I hate the body roll.

Looking at:
Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs
Koni - Orange

Would the ride quality be crap? More so, would this drop hurt my car in the long run? More so, are there any bushings or parts I should tend to while I'm at it? Would like to know if there are small things I can replace since I am already doing the job. Like any boots I should replace, or LCA? Would poly urethane bushings help? etc.

Thanks.

Last edited by Battery; April 30th, 2014 at 02:23 PM..
Battery is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 1st, 2014, 12:16 PM   #2
Honda enthusiast

Since your car has low mileage, I would say that springs and shocks is all you need, but a good visual inspection may reveal more. The ride will be stiffer, but not like race springs or coilovers. I think you will be happy and the car will be fine. Don't forget to buy new bumpstops and cut them in half before installing. You may need boots for the shocks as well.
michaellowrider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 1st, 2014, 10:50 PM   #3

First inspect your vehicle before investing in something. Koni yellow and Eibach are a good choice.
nick650 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old May 2nd, 2014, 12:57 PM   #4

my buddy did the koni eibach combo last year. its a very minor drop but definitely an upgrade as to how the ride feels.
sunny416 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 2nd, 2014, 03:37 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaellowrider View Post
Since your car has low mileage, I would say that springs and shocks is all you need, but a good visual inspection may reveal more. The ride will be stiffer, but not like race springs or coilovers. I think you will be happy and the car will be fine. Don't forget to buy new bumpstops and cut them in half before installing. You may need boots for the shocks as well.
Hi,

I'm not too familiar with suspension work, but do look at the car whenever I change oil and have my wheels off. I figured I might as well replace the boots of certain parts while I'm at it. Will OEM boots fit on the ORANGE KONIs?

But I am trying to research a bit more on the spring setup. I want a slight drop, I don't wanna slam my car.

Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs says it drops 1 - 1 1/2 inch
TEIN S.TECH Lowering Springs says it drops to about 1 1/2 inch as well.

Thanks.
Old May 2nd, 2014, 04:10 PM   #6

I ran Tein S Techs before my coils and the drop was decent. Brought the car to about a 2 finger gap from tire to fender. I recommend them for sure!
dannyrl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 2nd, 2014, 04:14 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyrl View Post
I ran Tein S Techs before my coils and the drop was decent. Brought the car to about a 2 finger gap from tire to fender. I recommend them for sure!
what kind of struts did you do? hows everything like the ride ?
Old May 2nd, 2014, 04:43 PM   #8

I ran them on stock struts. The ride was stiffer, but it honestly wasn't too bad. It made the car feel sportier as there was less roll on turns and less weight shift on deceleration. But since I ran them on stock struts, the damping wasn't very good. I definitely recommend running them on aftermarket struts for better damping. I don't really have much advice for struts since I went straight to coilovers after that set up.

Whatever route you decide to go with, stop by your local Autozone and rent a pair of spring compressors though.
dannyrl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 3rd, 2014, 01:33 PM   #9
Honda enthusiast

The oem shocks have washers welded in place preventing removal of the bumpstops and boots iirc. Just buy new ones for your new shocks. You can't go wrong with koni, tien or eibach. The pro-kit won't drop as low as the s-techs.
michaellowrider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in