H&R OE drop and spacers??? - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD WHEELS, TIRES, & SUSPENSION DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 10th, 2004, 11:47 AM   #1

H&R OE drop and spacers???

i have a '04 v6 lx sedan and don't mind the stock wheels. however, i'm looking into giving it a slightly more aggressive, euro-like stance...to at least improve on the aesthetics and handling of the stock setup. i know that the h&r oe drop is .75 front and .5 in the rear which is not very extreme for most of you. also, just learned about spacers. are these recommended? i'm assuming they push the wheel out towards the edge of the wheelwell for a wider stance. any recommendations on which set to use? i know there are 5mm, 15 mm etc. and not sure which one...also assuming i need two pairs for front and rear. last question, with such a minimal drop, i understand that there's no need for the camber kit, but will i need shocks eventually even with the minimal drop? what are the pros and cons to this entire setup...or is it lame altogether? thanks in advance for your input.

Last edited by DM101; March 10th, 2004 at 11:53 AM..
DM101 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 10th, 2004, 12:15 PM   #2

If you are going to stick with stock rims...go for Tein H-Tech
1.4 drop front and .7 back. I was considering the H&R.75 and .5.

Guy at the shop informed me that it will not do much cosmetically with such a minimal drop. As for shock replacement...it is a 50/50 chance. Most likely you might want to get better aftermarket shocks to increase comfort and handling. My educated guess is that the shock will last 1-2 years with the drop. my .02
tmtran44 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 10th, 2004, 12:53 PM   #3
professional napper

its funny that you write about this. i was going to do the same exact thing with my 03 auto v6 cause i didn't like the stance of the vehicle. i checked into the spacers and almost anyone who carried them suggested extended wheel studs. i had already done this on my civic and won't be doing it again...pita. my solution was just to get a 04 6mt and lower it. the 17 in wheels have a better offset. you could look into getting the 6 speed wheels. i always thought those would look good on a sedan.
speeedfrk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old March 11th, 2004, 10:25 AM   #4

thanks guys! i'm not too interested in going extreme...especially with stock wheels, as it just won't look right. wish there were springs for 1in in front and .75 in the rear. the tein setup sounds like a possibility though and will definitely look into extended wheel studs. speedfrk, how did the extended wheelstuds on your civic turnout...better looks and performance? or, not worth the trouble?
DM101 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 11th, 2004, 04:02 PM   #5
professional napper

it looked cool, but didn't change any of the performance of the car. they were mainly for cosmetic purposes. i was going for the jdm look and liked to do little things like that that most people wouldn't notice. i did all the work myself except for pressing new hub bearings and welding the back of the studs. i am in the process of lowering my 04 accord and will be getting my h&r sport springs installed saturday morning. after the car settles a bit i will be checking the gap of the offset of the wheel. if necessary, i will be installing the h&r trak+ wheel spacers. the reason for this is that i am going for the sleeper look and won't be changing out my rims. i also think the wider stance will make the car look more appealing to the eye. there's nothing sexier on a car than a perfect wheel gap and offset IMO.
speeedfrk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 11th, 2004, 04:06 PM   #6

from what other more knowledgeable members on here said, with that minimal drop from the Tein H-tech, the OE shock should be ok, and you dont need camber kits either, nor realignment is necessary. Search for POS_Hatchback post, he has a sedan with Tein H-tech, the drop is really nice, I will be doing the same thing to my sedan when I can find a cheap source for the htech, right now, the internet price is around $220 or more.

http://www.v6performance.net/forums/...63&forumid=152

Last edited by TexGuy; March 11th, 2004 at 04:09 PM..
TexGuy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in