V6 Coupe - 19s and lowering questions - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD WHEELS, TIRES, & SUSPENSION DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 16th, 2004, 10:28 AM   #1
Banned

V6 Coupe - 19s and lowering questions

Hey this is for the V6 coupe guys out there who have their cars dropped with rims. My car is unfortuneately STOCK right now, however, I have my eyes set on some 19x8 rims that I am most likely definitely going to buy, the tires are 235/35/19ZR.

Anyway, I see a lot of you have GROUND CONTROL coilovers, as well as some having Tein springs. I want their to not me much fender gap at all, but not enough to kill the ride completely. I am completely baffled on which to get, I dont want to have to get a camber kit, but I guess if I have to I have to... I want the ride to be some what good, I know its not going to be as good as stock obviously but I dont want it to be bouncy or too stiff. Any suggestions? Eibach springs, Tein springs, (I heard some negative stuff about H&R) so I am going to stay away from them.

I only have $500 to spend on suspension parts! Thanks guys

Tom
03 AV6 6spd/Navi
tommcimo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 17th, 2004, 02:33 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to AwSoMNaMjA
Re: V6 Coupe - 19s and lowering questions

Quote:
Originally posted by tommcimo
Hey this is for the V6 coupe guys out there who have their cars dropped with rims. My car is unfortuneately STOCK right now, however, I have my eyes set on some 19x8 rims that I am most likely definitely going to buy, the tires are 235/35/19ZR.

Anyway, I see a lot of you have GROUND CONTROL coilovers, as well as some having Tein springs. I want their to not me much fender gap at all, but not enough to kill the ride completely. I am completely baffled on which to get, I dont want to have to get a camber kit, but I guess if I have to I have to... I want the ride to be some what good, I know its not going to be as good as stock obviously but I dont want it to be bouncy or too stiff. Any suggestions? Eibach springs, Tein springs, (I heard some negative stuff about H&R) so I am going to stay away from them.

I only have $500 to spend on suspension parts! Thanks guys

Tom
03 AV6 6spd/Navi
well i would tell u to get ground control...cuase i have them....but if u dont really care about slamming ur car...i would say get sportlines...thre is a black 7th gen with 19s and the eibach sportlines are perfect with the 19s.....the gap is 1 or 2 fingers....and the ride looks good....and with the extra 200 or so u can get rear camber kit....since the rear is going to have the most neg camber....dont forget to get an alignment.
K&N filter Cold Air intake/Neuspeed strut bar/DIY blackhousing headlights/Hid plus 4800k/Ground Control coilovers/SPC rear camber kit/custom single GReddy Evo/OEM front lip/DIY tinted rear tail lights/15in Kicker Solobaric L7/DIY Booty call/7 inch sharp screen with dvd player/215.55.16 Falken Azenis/Comptech rear sway bar

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]">
^^^^^^^click pic^^^^^^^
AwSoMNaMjA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 17th, 2004, 02:39 PM   #3
bryan <3's bomex

if youre willing to save up a lil more, i heard teins give you a better than stock ride quality
mastadulog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old March 17th, 2004, 04:23 PM   #4
Banned

AwSoMNaMjA

Thanks for the info, I like the way your car looks like with the GCs so Im still considering them. Im glad to hear Eibachs looks good however!

mastadulog,

Tein SPRINGS or Coilovers are you saying can give a better stock ride?

Thanks!

Tom
Old March 17th, 2004, 04:25 PM   #5
Banned

Re: Re: V6 Coupe - 19s and lowering questions

Quote:
Originally posted by AwSoMNaMjA
well i would tell u to get ground control...cuase i have them....but if u dont really care about slamming ur car...i would say get sportlines...thre is a black 7th gen with 19s and the eibach sportlines are perfect with the 19s.....the gap is 1 or 2 fingers....and the ride looks good....and with the extra 200 or so u can get rear camber kit....since the rear is going to have the most neg camber....dont forget to get an alignment.
Also, wouldnt I want a camber kit in te front 1st, because the car gets dropped more in the front? OR is the rear just much less adjustable. Also, how much did you pay for the rear kit, I found it for 149.

Tom

Last edited by tommcimo; March 17th, 2004 at 04:33 PM..
Old March 17th, 2004, 04:44 PM   #6
Rolling on 19's

Re: Re: Re: V6 Coupe - 19s and lowering questions

Quote:
Also, wouldnt I want a camber kit in te front 1st, because the car gets dropped more in the front? OR is the rear just much less adjustable. Also, how much did you pay for the rear kit, I found it for 149.

Tom
The front camber can be fixed with an alignment, the rear can't. I have GC but after almost a year of riding on them as low as i am i can feel the shocks are not as stiff as before. Teins here I come.
00&03Accords is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 17th, 2004, 05:04 PM   #7
Banned

Re: Re: Re: Re: V6 Coupe - 19s and lowering questions

Quote:
Originally posted by 00&03Accords
The front camber can be fixed with an alignment, the rear can't. I have GC but after almost a year of riding on them as low as i am i can feel the shocks are not as stiff as before. Teins here I come.
I figured, so same was the case with my last car. I just checked out the TEIN springs vs. EIBACH

Front Drop Tein/EB - (1.4/1.2)
Rear Drop Tein/EB - (0.7/1.2)

Kinda weird they are both so different... TEIN has a pic of a lowered 03 accord coupe and it looks pretty good, but I hear good about the way Eibachs look too! This is hard!
Old March 17th, 2004, 05:10 PM   #8
Rolling on 19's

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: V6 Coupe - 19s and lowering questions

Quote:
I figured, so same was the case with my last car. I just checked out the TEIN springs vs. EIBACH

Front Drop Tein/EB - (1.4/1.2)
Rear Drop Tein/EB - (0.7/1.2)

Kinda weird they are both so different... TEIN has a pic of a lowered 03 accord coupe and it looks pretty good, but I hear good about the way Eibachs look too! This is hard!
I would get Teins, if you look at your car you see that the front is higher than the rear. If you go with eibach your gonna lower equally so your gonna have the "saggy butt" look, it will still loook uneven. If you go with Tein the front will lower more than the rear giving you an even look.
Old March 17th, 2004, 05:31 PM   #9

Send a message via AIM to NightShift
Just how bad is the camber once you lower it with the Teins? I'm gonna get the springs soon and i just wanna know how quickly the camber issue needs to be addressed.

And theres no reported sagging with the Teins, correct?

AMS
OIL Dealer&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]">
NightShift is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 18th, 2004, 10:46 AM   #10
Banned

I just figured out that TEIN has 2 different springs available for our car, one much lower than the other, the other one i didnt see is 2"F and 1.2R drop. Thats the STECH, the HTECH is 1.4F, .7R!

Im def getting the S TECH! Just put a bid on ebay for them for 150 shipped! Hope I get it.

Last edited by tommcimo; March 18th, 2004 at 10:50 AM..
Old March 18th, 2004, 10:53 AM   #11
Banned

Re: Re: Re: Re: V6 Coupe - 19s and lowering questions

Quote:
Originally posted by 00&03Accords
Can the front camber still be adjusted even with a 2" drop in the front?
Old March 18th, 2004, 12:12 PM   #12
Rolling on 19's

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: V6 Coupe - 19s and lowering questions

Quote:
Can the front camber still be adjusted even with a 2" drop in the front?
Yes it can. Im on GC coilovers and in the front they are almost all the way down. Its like a 2.5-3" drop, dont know exactly and all they did was an alignment and the camber was fix.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in