List your brake mods here!! - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD WHEELS, TIRES, & SUSPENSION DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 24th, 2005, 01:40 AM   #1

List your brake mods here!!

i've searched a bit and there're always a lot of questions about brake setups but no one single thread just lists out the brake mods people have done to their car and how effective the mod has been. I'm getting tired of the mushy, unresponsiveness of my AV6 brakes (esp compared to my gf's G35 coupe).

I think there's a bigger thread similar to this that's gotten way out of hand with general commentaries on it. Please use this thread if you'd like to tell us:

1. exactly what you've modified on your brake system
2. what store you bought them and how much they were
3. how well they have improved your stopping compared to stock

no arguments or discussions about what's good or bad please.

Last edited by du_ma; March 24th, 2005 at 01:46 AM..
du_ma is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 24th, 2005, 06:32 AM   #2
Nothing special

Send a message via AIM to blu6speed
I have stoptech slotted rotors, with hawk performance pads. I just changed to these pads from the axxis ultimates...reason being- DIRT. The axxis pads were really strong, but they would turn my wheels black in a day. The Hawk pads seem to work just as well, but have been much lower dust (so far). I purchased the rotors directly from stoptech, and the hawk pads from this site. Sorry I dont remember pricing.

This setup drastically improves the braking over stock. I have no more shakes, no 'mushy' pedal. I highly recommend a brake upgrade. Period.
Old March 24th, 2005, 12:34 PM   #3
I feel da need 4 6-speeds

Send a message via ICQ to flyvtec Send a message via AIM to flyvtec Send a message via Yahoo to flyvtec
1. Brembo drilled rotors and Ceramicool ceramic brake pads all around.
2. www.brakeworld.com - $656
3. Significant improvement - car stops extremely well now without the judder feeling at hi speed!
flyvtec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old March 24th, 2005, 03:19 PM   #4

I just receive my new setup yesterday. I can't tell you yet what difference it has made because they are not on the car. I will post back on results. I bought the following from www.raceshoppers.com

Power slot diamond cut slotted and dimped for looks fronts were $165, rears were $146
Hawk HPS pads $82 front pads, $51 rear

Total cost was $488.51 that includes new speed bleeder valves also don't recall what those actually cost.
sweet03accord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 25th, 2005, 06:38 PM   #5

sweet03accord, definitely post back results after installation. I'm interested in the powerslot/hawk combo myself. Thanks!
Old March 25th, 2005, 07:06 PM   #6

Send a message via AIM to peshford55
Brembo crossed drilled rotors and AXXIS pads. Not really satisfied with them though....As blu 6speed said, they make a lot of brake dust....dont know what to change to just yet though...
peshford55 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 26th, 2005, 07:35 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by du_ma
sweet03accord, definitely post back results after installation. I'm interested in the powerslot/hawk combo myself. Thanks!
That I can do, just for reference it will be sometime next weekend. I'm heading out of town today, but will be back on the 1st. It's scheduled for install next fri. or satur once I get back in town. I can tell you that a friend of mine has the same setup on a different ride but they are sweet, definite improvement over OEM and the brake dust is minimual. But I will deifintely post back once they are on my ride, getting my Koni's install at the same time, along with TL sway and H&R springs should be a big change can't wait.
Old March 27th, 2005, 06:36 PM   #8
wearYELLOW :: liveSTRONG

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyvtec
1. Brembo drilled rotors and Ceramicool ceramic brake pads all around.
2. www.brakeworld.com - $656
3. Significant improvement - car stops extremely well now without the judder feeling at hi speed!

flyvtec, how are your brakes doing on brake dust?
The Sync is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 27th, 2005, 07:16 PM   #9
Nothing special

Send a message via AIM to blu6speed
Ive put several hundred miles on my hawk/stoptech combo, and I must say how satisfied I am. The axxis pads that I replaced were great as far as performance goes. They would grab like animals- hot or cold. But damn they would dust like crazy!! So I changed out to the hawk pads...and wow- my rims stay clean. I can easily go 3 or 4 weeks before cleanings now. The hawk pads are great cold, and especially hot. For those of you with axxis pads, I suggest changing out to the hawk pads if your sick of cleaning your rims every other day.
blu6speed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 27th, 2005, 07:51 PM   #10
Your Mom Drives a Honda

Send a message via AIM to smokin6speed
does anyone have the racingbrake ones yet from the V6p store??
smokin6speed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 27th, 2005, 09:06 PM   #11

Send a message via ICQ to flyvtec Send a message via AIM to flyvtec Send a message via Yahoo to flyvtec
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sync
flyvtec, how are your brakes doing on brake dust?
The ceramic pads work great! No dusting just like they advertise.
Old March 30th, 2005, 01:31 PM   #12

Has anyone tried www.irotors.com ?
Cutlr7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 1st, 2005, 03:10 PM   #13

Quote:
Well I'm back and everything got installed while I was gone. Being that they have only been on for a day and I can't really stomp on them yet, they are great from my first drive with them. First thing this am being a bit chilly what a difference compared to OEM, once they got warmed up boy do they grab nice. I will post back once they are broke in a bit and I can actually test the stopping power behind them. My buddy drove the car while I was gone and said the same, couldn't believe the upgrade to OEM. Only issue I have and haven't had a chance to look into it is if the brakes are loud or is it my garbage yoko tire causing the noise. Personally I think it's the tires I've hated them since the day I bought them, I'll ask my buddy seeing as he drove it with the OEM rims&tire which I use during the winter. The summer wheels just got put back on last night seeing as winter is over finally. Hoping to find out it's the tire, but I'll let everyone know. Peace!
Old April 2nd, 2005, 08:35 PM   #14

Sounds promising so far. I think I'm partial to this combination and will personally buy the Powerslot rotors and Hawk HPS for my front brakes. Any thoughts from others?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet03accord
Well I'm back and everything got installed while I was gone. Being that they have only been on for a day and I can't really stomp on them yet, they are great from my first drive with them....
Old April 3rd, 2005, 09:19 AM   #15
Your Mom Drives a Honda

whats the deal with raceshoppers.com.....everytime i try to go there it says that the site can't be found and when i search for it on google or something it comes up for the site but it always says its not found....anyone know what is up
Old April 3rd, 2005, 09:21 AM   #16
Your Mom Drives a Honda

hey flyvtec i saw u got ur rotors from brakeworld....but when i went there they only have the brembo drilled rotors listed for the front and the rear says N/A just wondering where you found the rear rotors...
Old April 3rd, 2005, 02:10 PM   #17
hmmm...

Send a message via AIM to 7thgenaccd
does anyone here have pads for i4? i can't seem to find any..only v6 accords
7thgenaccd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 11th, 2005, 07:47 PM   #18

I do have to say I like them a lot. As far a break dust it's hard to say, rained on and off recently so I haven't took the time to clean the car as of late.
Old April 12th, 2005, 02:03 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin6speed
hey flyvtec i saw u got ur rotors from brakeworld....but when i went there they only have the brembo drilled rotors listed for the front and the rear says N/A just wondering where you found the rear rotors...
When I placed my order in Jan, I checked the status of my order on 31Jan and this was their response to my email:

"Sal,

Everything is ok w/ your order you may have
noticed that when you ordered
the rear rotors the part number was 3295 the IT
department caught the error
and the part number should have been 90220. They
are fixing the problem and
you will receive the correct rotors for you Honda.

If you need us by phone we are here from 9am-5pm
EST Mon-Fri

John
866-272-5396"

Give John a call and find out what up.
Old April 12th, 2005, 02:23 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin6speed
Dude...I've noticed that the rotors (especially the front) have developed corrosion as shown in the pic below. Not sure if that's gonna be a factor in you getting the rotors but I thought I'd share it in case this is a problem for people. Doesn't affect braking performance at all but it does kinda look nasty at certain angles but looks fine if you're looking at the wheels directly from the side. Can it be treated so that I can remove the corrosion?

Powerslots have the anti-corrosion plating on their rotors so something to think about before shelling out your coins.

Old April 12th, 2005, 06:16 AM   #21

Just for reference I have the powerslot rotors and even thothey say they have anti-corrosion they still get it somewhat. Not to the degree in the pic above but they due, very very lightly in the slots and dimples, as far as the hub it's on there also, but like flyvtec said you can't see it from a side view just on an angle. That is the one thing I wasn't to happy about but what are you going to do.
Although I do have another question, would it hurt it to just tap off the rotor and paint the hub part with caliper paint? So you wouldn't have to worry about the hub portion getting that corroion on it.
Old April 12th, 2005, 03:23 PM   #22

Well, I emailed brakeworld and this was their response:

"Sal,

Sometimes when a rotor gets whet this will happen,
it will not cause any
damage to your rotor, but can be unsightly. You
may want to look into
coating the areas that do not come into contact w/
the pads w/ some type of
caliper or rotor paint such as VHT. "

Here is the link to VHT. I may have to go this route and paint over the corrosion that doesn't come into contact with the pads.

http://www.raceshopper.com/brake_paint.shtml
Old April 12th, 2005, 03:37 PM   #23
I Jumped Off Da Bandwagon

Quote:
Dude...I've noticed that the rotors (especially the front) have developed corrosion as shown in the pic below. Not sure if that's gonna be a factor in you getting the rotors but I thought I'd share it in case this is a problem for people. Doesn't affect braking performance at all but it does kinda look nasty at certain angles but looks fine if you're looking at the wheels directly from the side. Can it be treated so that I can remove the corrosion?

Powerslots have the anti-corrosion plating on their rotors so something to think about before shelling out your coins.

That sucks. I order the rotors from brakeworld last week. I should've gone with the Racing Brake rotors. Oh well, if the braking is very good, then that's a trade-off i guess.
Hongda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 12th, 2005, 06:44 PM   #24

Yeah the corrosion sux azz...especially if you have aftermarket wheels. But it does brake pretty good so that's the trade off. I was checking out some used Porsche 911's today when I got my V2 installed and some of their cross drilled rotors look like mine. So I guess I can't complain if Porsches have them. I'm gonna try painting them with VHT and see if that works.

Hongda...if it bothers you try to see if you can cancel the order or something.
Old April 12th, 2005, 06:45 PM   #25

Or better yet...paint them before you put them on.
Old April 12th, 2005, 07:55 PM   #26

Quote:
Y I'm gonna try painting them with VHT and see if that works.
Plz let us know. If all goes well I'll be doing the same, hopefully
Old April 13th, 2005, 01:18 AM   #27

isn't it true that brembo drill and/or slotted rotors are usually brembo blanks that are altered by 3rd parties? Brembo's own website doesn't advertise any sort of drilled/slotted discs, except on their big brake kits.

Quote:
Well, I emailed brakeworld and this was their response:

"Sal,

Sometimes when a rotor gets whet this will happen,
it will not cause any
damage to your rotor, but can be unsightly. You
may want to look into
coating the areas that do not come into contact w/
the pads w/ some type of
caliper or rotor paint such as VHT. "

Here is the link to VHT. I may have to go this route and paint over the corrosion that doesn't come into contact with the pads.

http://www.raceshopper.com/brake_paint.shtml
Old April 13th, 2005, 12:58 PM   #28
I Jumped Off Da Bandwagon

Quote:
Yeah the corrosion sux azz...especially if you have aftermarket wheels. But it does brake pretty good so that's the trade off. I was checking out some used Porsche 911's today when I got my V2 installed and some of their cross drilled rotors look like mine. So I guess I can't complain if Porsches have them. I'm gonna try painting them with VHT and see if that works.

Hongda...if it bothers you try to see if you can cancel the order or something.
I called them today and was only able to cancel the rear rotors. The front rotors were being shipped. I guess i'll paint them before i have them installed. Thanks for the heads up with the pics flyvtec!
Hongda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 14th, 2005, 06:28 AM   #29

Quote:
isn't it true that brembo drill and/or slotted rotors are usually brembo blanks that are altered by 3rd parties? Brembo's own website doesn't advertise any sort of drilled/slotted discs, except on their big brake kits.
I do believe you are correct. There was a post on that a while back. And if memory serves me correctly that is what was said when someone checked into it.
Old April 14th, 2005, 03:27 PM   #30

does any of you have Stoptech front big brake kit or Brembo GT kit ?
i have GramLight 57Pro 18x7.5 offset +48, i emailed a guy in www.sp-power.com and he said my wheel wont be able to clear that caliper ? is that true ?
what offset would i need to clear the caliper ?
thank you
ferrari0266 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in