rotors help - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD WHEELS, TIRES, & SUSPENSION DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 24th, 2005, 10:08 AM   #1

rotors help

Does anybody know where i can purchase some good slotted and dimpled rotors.
I heard the drilled ones wasn't as good because it break easier. Also what brand should i get. by the way i have a 04 sedan
TtodaC911 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 24th, 2005, 02:25 PM   #2

Try www.raceshoppers.com I just bought a set of Powerslot slotted and dimped cut rotors. All four corners including Hawk HPS pads front & rear was $488 shipped. hope this helps you out. I just got them 2 days ago so I can't tell you as of yet how there are haven't had time to put htem on yet.
sweet03accord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 24th, 2005, 02:39 PM   #3
I feel da need 4 6-speeds

Send a message via ICQ to flyvtec Send a message via AIM to flyvtec Send a message via Yahoo to flyvtec
Quote:
Originally Posted by TtodaC911
Does anybody know where i can purchase some good slotted and dimpled rotors.
I heard the drilled ones wasn't as good because it break easier. Also what brand should i get. by the way i have a 04 sedan
Where did you hear that drilled rotors break easier? I have Brembo drilled rotors on mine so just curious if that was a true statement and where the source of that info came from.

I thought drilled rotors were better because of their cooling effects.

Hmmm...here's a pic of the Brembos on my ride. I can't picture seeing these bad boyz breaking!

flyvtec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old March 24th, 2005, 10:51 PM   #4

yea my friends told me about it, i was going to get brembo slotted and drilled rotors. but they were like don't get drilled get dimpled. because for one no matter how good or the material it is, if you puta hole in it the material is going to break easier. I don't know if its ture but i rather believe it than not and find out it ture on my own you know?
TtodaC911 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 25th, 2005, 12:09 AM   #5
I feel da need 4 6-speeds

Send a message via ICQ to flyvtec Send a message via AIM to flyvtec Send a message via Yahoo to flyvtec
Quote:
Originally Posted by TtodaC911
yea my friends told me about it, i was going to get brembo slotted and drilled rotors. but they were like don't get drilled get dimpled. because for one no matter how good or the material it is, if you puta hole in it the material is going to break easier. I don't know if its ture but i rather believe it than not and find out it ture on my own you know?
I got this info at http://www.autoaccessorystore.com/wh...s.asp?rotors=1

WHY GET CROSS DRILLED/SLOTTED ROTORS VS REGULAR OEM ROTORS:

What is slotted mean and what does it do?
Slotted rotor, has engraved indented lines in the rotor. What it does is when you brake, it grips on to the brake pad much greater. Regular rotor has a smooth surface, when braking it does not allow the pad to grip onto anything resulting in less braking performance. Slotted rotors improve 40% braking distance then a regular OEM rotor. (OEM means Original Equipment Manufactures)

What does cross drilled mean and what does it do?
Cross drilled rotors have holes drilled through the rotor itself. It makes the rotor look more sporty and exotic. Performance wise as you brake heat builds up on the rotor. If you notice, when braking too much on a regular OEM rotor you will notice when the rotor gets too hot, you will press the brake but the car will still move as if it does not have brakes. By having cross drilled rotor the heat that builds up on the rotor when braking escapes through the holes on the opposite side of the rotor and keeps the rotor cooler then a regular OEM rotor would be. Cross drilling improves performance under extreme braking by 70%.

What is a dimpled rotor?
Rotors which do not have enough thickness to be cross drilled get dimpled to have the cross drilled look.

Will my car stop rough when I brake because I install these rotors?
No, your car will stop the same way it stops from the factory except your braking distance will be greatly improved.

Is it better to get cross drilled and slotted or either one?
For maximum braking performance it is recommend to get both cross drilled and slotted. If you plan to race the car at tracks we would recommend to get only slotted since too much racing and extreme braking may result in the rotor building too much heat and cracking. It will only result under extreme conditions. If drive recklessly and race once in a while it will not affect you. It will affect you if you race on the track at 130 MPH quarter mile and do 3 - 5 runs.

HAVE A QUESTION? CALL 866-884-0550
flyvtec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 25th, 2005, 12:38 AM   #6

Send a message via AIM to accord03
brembo doesnt make slotted, drilled or whatever for the stock size...if u bought it from someone like ebay or whatever.....it is just another company that just cut them up and sold it as brembo slotted drilled...this is bad since it has a better chance of warpage, crack, or heat spots. but that doesnt mean 100% they are going to....most likely under regualr useage it wont, but on the track it will...so use them for show. if u want brembo get the blanks, or the BBK...those are the true brembos. dont believe me just look up the part number on their site....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hello Prius.

old sn: AwSoMNaMjA
accord03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 25th, 2005, 12:42 AM   #7

Send a message via AIM to accord03
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet03accord
Try www.raceshoppers.com I just bought a set of Powerslot slotted and dimped cut rotors. All four corners including Hawk HPS pads front & rear was $488 shipped. hope this helps you out. I just got them 2 days ago so I can't tell you as of yet how there are haven't had time to put htem on yet.
nice setup.....i would go with that setup...powerslot with hawk pads. stoptech is nice too.
accord03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 25th, 2005, 06:02 AM   #8

The issue on cracking drilled rotors has to due to the fact most manufacturer don't drill them before they get heat treated. Once a part is heat treated and they go back to drill it they are creating two problems. First is if the rotor is only case hardened and they drill threw it the inside of the hole has soft material exposed and by braking your causing more heat which will penitrate threw the soft core of the disk. Secondly if they drill them to fast and generate to much heat it will aneal them which does the reverse of hardening (ie they are soft again) and by doing heavy braking causing alot of heat they can crack. Believe me either is extremely easy to do and cause a problem. I work in a machine shop and just even sharpening a drill to fast will break in no time if it got to hot in the regrind. Personally I wouldn't risk it, odds are they won't crack but just keep a close eye on things if you decide to go that route. Or if you really want cross drilled find a manufacturer that drills them prior to heat treat and you be much safer from the get go.
Old April 1st, 2005, 09:21 AM   #9
J30A4

yo is the raceshoppers site down or what?

Last edited by raymas8; April 1st, 2005 at 09:31 AM..
raymas8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 1st, 2005, 11:13 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymas8
yo is the raceshoppers site down or what?

my bad, helps if I could type. Try this www.raceshopper.com I just went their and this link is good to go. Sorry about that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in