ok, i got rims...now need help with tires :( - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD WHEELS, TIRES, & SUSPENSION DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 25th, 2005, 05:28 PM   #1
wj4
Registered User
 
wj4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,460
ok, i got rims...now need help with tires :(

i got the rims already, they came today...here are some pix. they are 18 roja drift gt






now i need help with getting tires lol. i want the good sticky stuff. what brands and models do u guys recommend? im thinking about going with 225/35/18? my price limit would be around $700ish. thanks guys
wj4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old March 25th, 2005, 06:12 PM   #2
I AM LOST....
 
brex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 4,681
Send a message via AIM to brex
good job wis!

i suggest prada spec 2....
brex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 25th, 2005, 06:22 PM   #3
wj4
Registered User
 
wj4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,460
Quote:
Originally Posted by brex
good job wis!

i suggest prada spec 2....
brexxxxy, u know any good shops with good prices for them? i need the hook up haha
wj4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old March 25th, 2005, 06:38 PM   #4
Registered User
 
6SpeedMaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Orlando
Posts: 708
Bro that tire is to small. Run a 235/40/18. Thats the correct size.
6SpeedMaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 25th, 2005, 06:40 PM   #5
Registered User
 
6SpeedMaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Orlando
Posts: 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6SpeedMaster
Bro that tire is to small. Run a 235/40/18. Thats the correct size.
http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...35&ar=40&rd=18
6SpeedMaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 25th, 2005, 07:19 PM   #6
wj4
Registered User
 
wj4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,460
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6SpeedMaster
thanks for the link bro! i see htey have hte falken i was going to get at $124 each compare to $175 instore. they say will price match so im going to see if they can lol
if lets say, i order it online....how will i go about installing it? should i just take it to a local shop and have htem put it on and balance for me? Thanks again bro
wj4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 25th, 2005, 07:23 PM   #7
Tofu Delivery Boy
 
The_Tofu_Shop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: So Cal (626)
Posts: 5,706
Send a message via AIM to The_Tofu_Shop
i would get falkens, only cause i like the brand. although i have heard paradas are good... you could try yokohama AVS100s...
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Andy 2
SoCal Pride

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
G-Spec Points: 40
The_Tofu_Shop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 25th, 2005, 07:41 PM   #8
indoctidiscant
 
OwAce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 3,790
Send a message via AIM to OwAce
also try www.tirerack.com

it has great specs and reviews etc etc on the tires they sell.

also the greatest prices ever.
OwAce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 25th, 2005, 08:13 PM   #9
Registered User
 
Sleestak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 209
Wheels look great. I have Nitto NT555's and I like them alot. I got them at Discount Tire. If you buy your tires online it's going to cost ya $15-$20 per wheel to get them mounted and balanced. Buy your tires from Discount and mount and lifetime balance is free. Something to think about.
Sleestak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 25th, 2005, 08:34 PM   #10
wj4
Registered User
 
wj4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,460
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleestak
Wheels look great. I have Nitto NT555's and I like them alot. I got them at Discount Tire. If you buy your tires online it's going to cost ya $15-$20 per wheel to get them mounted and balanced. Buy your tires from Discount and mount and lifetime balance is free. Something to think about.
righttt, i was looking on the site that 6speedmaster posted and i clicked on the locator thing and i found out its the same as america's tires! which was hte place i went to today, i hope they match their own website prices
wj4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 26th, 2005, 09:23 PM   #11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 278
nice wheels wj4. what color is your accord?
AstonV12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 26th, 2005, 09:34 PM   #12
The Poker KING
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 612
Send a message via AIM to LIL TANE
those rims are mad tight, i wanted to get those but in silver for my ride, can't wait to see the pics

Toyo tires are really good as well.

But rubber is rubber, don't lose hair over it, just get a good brand

I'd go with 235/35/18 though, low pro's would look sick on those rims, just ride with a little more caution =) Good luck bro.
LIL TANE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 27th, 2005, 11:16 AM   #13
ex scientia vera
 
kramer2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 3,570
Quote:
Originally Posted by brex
good job wis!

i suggest prada spec 2....
That's my first suggestion as well.
I also like the Kuhmo Ecsta MX. I just love the tread on those tires. It looks so hot!


Quote:
Bro that tire is to small. Run a 235/40/18. Thats the correct size.



Hey wj4, I've got the same shoe rack as you!
kramer2k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 27th, 2005, 12:32 PM   #14
U a Ryder Or a Hater?
 
04rydah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: LA - City of Angels
Posts: 492
Send a message via AIM to 04rydah
nice rims ...
04rydah is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 27th, 2005, 01:47 PM   #15
wj4
Registered User
 
wj4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,460
Quote:
Originally Posted by kramer2k
That's my first suggestion as well.
I also like the Kuhmo Ecsta MX. I just love the tread on those tires. It looks so hot!





Hey wj4, I've got the same shoe rack as you!
lol nice eyes! im still looking for the best package at the shops around here so i can go in and have them install, and balance and the whole 9.
wj4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 27th, 2005, 03:22 PM   #16
indoctidiscant
 
OwAce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 3,790
Send a message via AIM to OwAce
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIL TANE
But rubber is rubber, don't lose hair over it, just get a good brand
.



your joking right? rubber is rubber?
OwAce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 27th, 2005, 07:09 PM   #17
Registered User
 
Pochacc_will's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 136
Send a message via AIM to Pochacc_will
hot rims dude!!!
how much did those cost you?
Pochacc_will is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 27th, 2005, 07:11 PM   #18
wj4
Registered User
 
wj4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,460
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pochacc_will
hot rims dude!!!
how much did those cost you?
rims were pretty cheap, i got it from ebaymotors. the seller claims to be the number 1 roja distributor and has a lot of good deals on roja and motegi rims.
i got them for $640shipped
wj4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 28th, 2005, 08:08 AM   #19
DV8
Hella Functional
 
DV8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Fairfax VA
Posts: 4,947
Send a message via ICQ to DV8 Send a message via AIM to DV8 Send a message via MSN to DV8
if u got hte money, i would go for a set of Pirelli PZERO Nero m&s

if not, go for some el cheapos like Hankook or Nankang or something like that. And then get a set of snow tires for ur OEMs.

..... EDIT....
nm... ur in cali... no snow there... lol get Pirelli PZERO Nero M&S
DV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 28th, 2005, 09:48 AM   #20
indoctidiscant
 
OwAce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 3,790
Send a message via AIM to OwAce
Quote:
Originally Posted by DV8
if u got hte money, i would go for a set of Pirelli PZERO Nero m&s

if not, go for some el cheapos like Hankook or Nankang or something like that. And then get a set of snow tires for ur OEMs.

..... EDIT....
nm... ur in cali... no snow there... lol get Pirelli PZERO Nero M&S

agree with pzeros, they are great tires, just wear really quickly. elcheapos like hankook or nankang will look good, but ride like crap, and wear like crap as well, and they have crappy rubber outside of their temp range of 55f-120f.
OwAce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 11th, 2005, 05:39 PM   #21
Registered User
 
sweet03accord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Tofu_Shop
i would get falkens, only cause i like the brand. although i have heard paradas are good... you could try yokohama AVS100s...
I'd go with the pradas or Kuhmo's, Falken are bad from what I've heard never drove them b4. I have a set of Yoko's AVS ES100 (225/40/18) and they suck. They aren't very good in the rain IMO, and the road noise is crazy if you don't drive on nicely paved roads. Just my $.02
sweet03accord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 12th, 2005, 06:24 AM   #22
wj4
Registered User
 
wj4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,460
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet03accord
I'd go with the pradas or Kuhmo's, Falken are bad from what I've heard never drove them b4. I have a set of Yoko's AVS ES100 (225/40/18) and they suck. They aren't very good in the rain IMO, and the road noise is crazy if you don't drive on nicely paved roads. Just my $.02
thnx for the input. hey guys, which of these in the link would be the best choice?

http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/sea...25&ar=40&rd=18
wj4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 12th, 2005, 08:09 AM   #23
YES IM VIETNAMESE!
 
vt4lifecuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Orlando
Posts: 1,345
Send a message via AIM to vt4lifecuf
Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4
rims were pretty cheap, i got it from ebaymotors. the seller claims to be the number 1 roja distributor and has a lot of good deals on roja and motegi rims.
i got them for $640shipped

hook me up with the seller sn on ebay dude thanks
vt4lifecuf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 19th, 2005, 11:36 AM   #24
Registered User
 
Raddy21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Bethesda, MD
Posts: 1,136
im in the same situation, my rims arrived yesterday,( 19" Motegi FF7s) can anyone vouch for HANKOOK K-104s? Im hearing that they are el cheapo which isnt even spanish for cheap haha, and some people like em, im just really desparate here, i cant afford to wait much longer. I get my car back supposively tomorrow after 2 weeks in the body shop and i would love to throw on some tires A.S.A.P.

btw im going to get size 235/35/19

I can get a good deal on the hankooks thats why im asking.
Yeah id love to get pirenellis or toyo proxes but the price is out of my budget for now unfortunately.

Thanks! -David
Raddy21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 19th, 2005, 11:55 AM   #25
Rolling on 19's
 
00&03Accords's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: East L.A.
Posts: 879
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddy21
im in the same situation, my rims arrived yesterday,( 19" Motegi FF7s) can anyone vouch for HANKOOK K-104s? Im hearing that they are el cheapo which isnt even spanish for cheap haha, and some people like em, im just really desparate here, i cant afford to wait much longer. I get my car back supposively tomorrow after 2 weeks in the body shop and i would love to throw on some tires A.S.A.P.

btw im going to get size 235/35/19

I can get a good deal on the hankooks thats why im asking.
Yeah id love to get pirenellis or toyo proxes but the price is out of my budget for now unfortunately.

Thanks! -David
I got some Hankook's recently (dont remember which ones exactly) but i freaking hate them. For some reason the car shakes (just a little bit) at high speeds, but i was able to find the problem. It all has to do with road pavement on the freeway (sounds stupid I know). If the road has those lines or whatever they are called where the water goes when it rains then it shakes. If its new pavement then its fine, I was going crazy til i fugured it out. Maybe they just need to get worn out. I dunno. That is my only complaint.
00&03Accords is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 19th, 2005, 12:02 PM   #26
Registered User
 
Raddy21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Bethesda, MD
Posts: 1,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00&03Accords
I got some Hankook's recently (dont remember which ones exactly) but i freaking hate them. For some reason the car shakes (just a little bit) at high speeds, but i was able to find the problem. It all has to do with road pavement on the freeway (sounds stupid I know). If the road has those lines or whatever they are called where the water goes when it rains then it shakes. If its new pavement then its fine, I was going crazy til i fugured it out. Maybe they just need to get worn out. I dunno. That is my only complaint.
hmm, i dont think our roads have any lines that control the flow of water, so thats your only complaint? doesnt seem too bad IMO. but thanks for your fast input. Im also debating Falken Azinis but i heard rapid tread wear issues. Haha why must this be so difficult? its like ok guys, i have a job i work hard to make things right, if tire making is your job, why cant you do the same? just my opinion.

I will only be using these rims for maximum 5 months out of the year May-Sept then i have my winter tires. So i might just bite the bullet and get the the hankooks soon.
Raddy21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 19th, 2005, 12:06 PM   #27
Rolling on 19's
 
00&03Accords's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: East L.A.
Posts: 879
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddy21
hmm, i dont think our roads have any lines that control the flow of water, so thats your only complaint? doesnt seem too bad IMO. but thanks for your fast input. Im also debating Falken Azinis but i heard rapid tread wear issues. Haha why must this be so difficult? its like ok guys, i have a job i work hard to make things right, if tire making is your job, why cant you do the same? just my opinion.

I will only be using these rims for maximum 5 months out of the year May-Sept then i have my winter tires. So i might just bite the bullet and get the the hankooks soon.
I had the falkens before and I trully loved them, the only reason why I got Hankooks was cuz I needed tires the same day and that is all that I was able to find. But if there are no lines in the highway that control the flow of the water then you will have no problem with them, just keep them at 40 psi and you will be set.

The falkens lasted me over 2 yrs with 40-45k miles on them and they had another year or so left of thread but my dumbass didnt check the tire psi for months and it was too low that made the sidewall start to crack and cause major damage.

Last edited by 00&03Accords; May 19th, 2005 at 12:08 PM..
00&03Accords is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 19th, 2005, 12:06 PM   #28
Your Mom Drives a Honda
 
smokin6speed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Huntington, WV
Posts: 1,999
Send a message via AIM to smokin6speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00&03Accords
I got some Hankook's recently (dont remember which ones exactly) but i freaking hate them. For some reason the car shakes (just a little bit) at high speeds, but i was able to find the problem. It all has to do with road pavement on the freeway (sounds stupid I know). If the road has those lines or whatever they are called where the water goes when it rains then it shakes. If its new pavement then its fine, I was going crazy til i fugured it out. Maybe they just need to get worn out. I dunno. That is my only complaint.

well that makes me feel a lot better...i just got the Hankook Ventus and i have that problem and just thought wheelmax did a crappy job of balancing them...
smokin6speed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 19th, 2005, 12:10 PM   #29
Rolling on 19's
 
00&03Accords's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: East L.A.
Posts: 879
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin6speed
well that makes me feel a lot better...i just got the Hankook Ventus and i have that problem and just thought wheelmax did a crappy job of balancing them...
Ok, atleast I know its just not me. I also thought it was a problem with the balancing or the alignment i got.
00&03Accords is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 19th, 2005, 12:18 PM   #30
Registered User
 
Raddy21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Bethesda, MD
Posts: 1,136
thanks guys! im inbetween the falken azenis and hankooks, only $5 diff, should i just get the falkens then?
Raddy21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply


Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On