Hardest Sway/Strut Bars - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD WHEELS, TIRES, & SUSPENSION DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 26th, 2005, 01:17 PM   #1

Hardest Sway/Strut Bars

Oks...did a search, couldn't find too much so lets start this.

What is the strongest/thickest/Hardest sway bar out there for our cars for the rear and front? TL, Comptech, Progress, etc...?

I really hate the boat like feeling, and i want my car to be stiff around turns, and if I'm gonna spend the $$$, i might as well get top notch than to upgrade later.
$ilverbullet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 26th, 2005, 03:30 PM   #2
mog

2004 TL 6speed front/rear is your best combination
mog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 26th, 2005, 03:46 PM   #3
User #4002

Send a message via ICQ to wildpikachu Send a message via AIM to wildpikachu Send a message via MSN to wildpikachu Send a message via Yahoo to wildpikachu
Quote:
Originally Posted by mog
2004 TL 6speed front/rear is your best combination
It might be the best combo.. but it's not the largest... TL 6speed rear is 20mm.. I believe comptech 23mm
wildpikachu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old March 26th, 2005, 03:52 PM   #4
_

comptech is 22....and the best way to go would be tl front and rear, or neuspeed front and rear, i think
0430Steve is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 26th, 2005, 06:25 PM   #5

wouldn't it be better to go comptech? since it's stiffer? I'm sort of skeptical on TL, since it's not as thick as the other brands, i'm sure it's a good bar, but i want to go all out, price is not an issue.
Old March 26th, 2005, 10:51 PM   #6
_

sure, go for the comptech, but if you change the rear it might be smart to change the front to one that is designed to work with it....and as far as the TL bar goes, it is nice, i can speak from experience, but at the same time, like i heard someone else say which makes a lot of sense, it wasn't designed for our car, it just happens to fit.
0430Steve is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 29th, 2005, 09:47 AM   #7

When installing the sway bars, is it nessary to jack the rear end of the car up??? Im little skepitcal of getting under the car while it being held by jacks, Ive heard many horror stories!!!
jamesV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 29th, 2005, 10:05 AM   #8
indoctidiscant

Send a message via AIM to OwAce
nope not necessary to ramp it up, but it makes life a whole lot easier.
OwAce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 29th, 2005, 10:37 AM   #9
Nothing special

Send a message via AIM to blu6speed
I always use jack stands along with the jack. That way I know its safe to be completly under the vehicle.

Ive had a jack give way, fortunatly it was only on my hand -only injury was a brused ego and a sore hand.
blu6speed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 29th, 2005, 12:40 PM   #10
Rolling on 19's

I recommend you get the comptech, i just installed it a couple of weeks ago and the car now feels so much tighter at turns and its more responsive. Its just hard to describe how it feels, i still dont know how a thicker bar works but it just does . And for the price that I got it i cant complain. PM me and i will give you the info. And always use jack stands.
00&03Accords is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 29th, 2005, 02:12 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by blu6speed
I always use jack stands along with the jack. That way I know its safe to be completly under the vehicle.

Ive had a jack give way, fortunatly it was only on my hand -only injury was a brused ego and a sore hand.
indeed... i always use jackstand, it's a must!
Old March 29th, 2005, 02:51 PM   #12

greddy strut bar...anyone got? or DC (not sure if they have one out yet).

I saw the greddy strut bar online on their website... just wondering if anyone has any opinions on this.
Old March 30th, 2005, 10:57 PM   #13

no one running a strut bar?
Old March 31st, 2005, 12:14 AM   #14
Rolling on 19's

Quote:
Originally Posted by $ilverbullet
no one running a strut bar?
Not yet, im purchasing the 6spd from my local dealership in the near future for $80 or so.
Old March 31st, 2005, 02:38 AM   #15
wj4

i have the neuspeed front strut bar and it helps out a lot. i got it for $99, and picked it up from neuspeed themselves.
before i got the strut bar, i was using HFP suspension with rear TL sway bar, and that was good but the strut bar made the front tighter.
i now can make turns really fast, to the point where i can hear the tires squeeling and feel the torque steer. i mean i could do that b4 as well, but now i can do it with a lot more control
wj4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 31st, 2005, 09:12 AM   #16
Rolling on 19's

Where you get the strut bar for $99 from?
Old March 31st, 2005, 09:40 AM   #17

Does anybody know if the TL strut bar fits on our cars? I think heard someone said, it does?
Old April 3rd, 2005, 08:17 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4
i have the neuspeed front strut bar and it helps out a lot. i got it for $99, and picked it up from neuspeed themselves.
before i got the strut bar, i was using HFP suspension with rear TL sway bar, and that was good but the strut bar made the front tighter.
i now can make turns really fast, to the point where i can hear the tires squeeling and feel the torque steer. i mean i could do that b4 as well, but now i can do it with a lot more control
How'd you get it on? I have one now but the drivers side doesn't line up with the strut mount bolts! DId you have to jack it up???Whats the secret?
tafettawhite is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 3rd, 2005, 08:30 PM   #19
wj4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tafettawhite
How'd you get it on? I have one now but the drivers side doesn't line up with the strut mount bolts! DId you have to jack it up???Whats the secret?
yes, i called neuspeed back because i told them that the bar doesnt fit over the holes perfectly. they said that it wasnt suppose to and they say i should force it in. i ended up putting the passenger side in first and use a rubber mallet to force the driver side to go in. worked like a charm. now hte front feels secure and i can make fast turns without it feeling wobbly
Old April 3rd, 2005, 08:33 PM   #20
indoctidiscant

Send a message via AIM to OwAce
Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4
yes, i called neuspeed back because i told them that the bar doesnt fit over the holes perfectly. they said that it wasnt suppose to and they say i should force it in. i ended up putting the passenger side in first and use a rubber mallet to force the driver side to go in. worked like a charm. now hte front feels secure and i can make fast turns without it feeling wobbly

did u leave the original factory strut bar on the car? btw does the front strut bar make your front camber negative? since the top of the struts are now pulled closer to gether ?
OwAce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 3rd, 2005, 09:37 PM   #21
wj4

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwAce
did u leave the original factory strut bar on the car? btw does the front strut bar make your front camber negative? since the top of the struts are now pulled closer to gether ?
i have an auto, and we dont even have the strut bars like u 6 speeders. i believe u can leave ur stock strut in for manual since the holes are of diff location. as for camber...im not sure because i havent got an allignment yet. im waiting about 3 more weeks until i get my new rims on the car to get an allignment done
heres a pic i took right after the installation around 2 months ago....
Old April 4th, 2005, 10:20 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4
i have an auto, and we dont even have the strut bars like u 6 speeders. i believe u can leave ur stock strut in for manual since the holes are of diff location. as for camber...im not sure because i havent got an allignment yet. im waiting about 3 more weeks until i get my new rims on the car to get an allignment done
heres a pic i took right after the installation around 2 months ago....

Sweet install, Damn you had to force it to make it fit. Intresting how not too many manufactures aren't making these strut bars for are 7th gens
Old April 4th, 2005, 12:41 PM   #23
wj4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesV6
Sweet install, Damn you had to force it to make it fit. Intresting how not too many manufactures aren't making these strut bars for are 7th gens
according to neuspeed, they say that if it just go over the bolts, u wouldnt be able to feel the diff. they made if off a little on purpose so the bay feels "tighter". and it wasnt that much of a force because the bar was off by half an inch so a couple of hit with the rubber mallet made it go into place with no problem i was looking at the price of the 6speed strut and i found it to be $60ish. i decided to add $40 more to get the neuspeed one because its nice and shiny lol
Old April 13th, 2005, 09:45 AM   #24

Send a message via AIM to SweetMt6speed
Is this bar for the 6speed also? What did you guys do just leave the other bar there too? Anyone got an answer? Let me know!

Last edited by SweetMt6speed; April 19th, 2005 at 09:02 PM.. Reason: re asked question
SweetMt6speed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in