Lowering Questions - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD WHEELS, TIRES, & SUSPENSION DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 26th, 2005, 01:29 PM   #1
Your V6P Snake Champion

Lowering Questions

I need to drop my car about 2 inches or so. Im affraid 2 inches may be too low so is there anything I can buy to adjust the ride height from an 1inch or 2inches anytime i would like. What would I need to get and what website can I find it on. Thanks
oswhiteboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 26th, 2005, 01:38 PM   #2
The Anti-Virus

Send a message via Yahoo to smithz
Buy coilovers... they allow you to adjust your ride height. There are a couple companies making them for our cars now. GroundControl is one that uses Eibach springs, that's what I have.

You will also need a rear camber kit. I have the SPC kit which just replaces the upper arm with an adjustable one. You shouldn't need the front camber kit if you are dropping 1-2 inches.
smithz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 26th, 2005, 02:28 PM   #3
The Poker KING

Send a message via AIM to LIL TANE
Tein H-Techs might be the drop you are looking for if you're not willing to shell out all that $$$ on coilovers.

they drop the front 1.4 and 0.7 in the back, search around the forum for pics, it's a very nice, subtle drop in my opinion.
LIL TANE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old March 26th, 2005, 04:25 PM   #4

Send a message via AIM to 03 Aero Coupe
Don't do it. I have GC's and never change the ride height once it is set. You have to check alignment etc.... It is just not as easy as lowering or raising the car at your whim. The suspension of a vehicle is a complex study of geometric angles, don't disturb them once they are dialed in or you will have handling problems and chew up tires.
03 Aero Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 26th, 2005, 04:30 PM   #5
The Anti-Virus

Of course if you change the height you need to get an alignment done... I've never changed mine since I first set them either. The point is having the option to raise it if it's too low the roads that you normally drive. Better to readjust and realigned then continue to scrape the bottom of your car...

And coilovers aren't always that expensive... I got my GCs for $360. I will however eventually need to replace the dampers as well though.
Old March 26th, 2005, 04:46 PM   #6

2inches is not that low, don't worry about it. Unless u live in San Fransisco
6SpeedMaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 26th, 2005, 05:56 PM   #7
Your V6P Snake Champion

Thanks guys ill consider the ground controll
Old March 26th, 2005, 10:17 PM   #8

Send a message via AIM to NightShift
Between h-techs, a camber kit, having these installed, and alignment, how much should this come to in the end? Or better yet, how much does install and alignment usually cost? (I can price the h-techs at around 180 and camber 150)
NightShift is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 26th, 2005, 10:51 PM   #9
ACO's black sheep!

Send a message via AIM to slow CORD grl
i dont know how much u are willing to fork out .... but im on eibach prokits and stock shocks .. its been about 15 months and it still rides stock ... i got about a 1.5/1.7" drop out of them !!! i LOVE them =]

[ ROFL 3 ... ITS ME ]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
slow CORD grl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 26th, 2005, 11:32 PM   #10
Your V6P Snake Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow CORD grl
i dont know how much u are willing to fork out .... but im on eibach prokits and stock shocks .. its been about 15 months and it still rides stock ... i got about a 1.5/1.7" drop out of them !!! i LOVE them =]
Can yall please post pics of the drops on yalls car. I want to get a good idea of what i want.
Old March 27th, 2005, 03:28 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03 Aero Coupe
Don't do it. I have GC's and never change the ride height once it is set. You have to check alignment etc.... It is just not as easy as lowering or raising the car at your whim. The suspension of a vehicle is a complex study of geometric angles, don't disturb them once they are dialed in or you will have handling problems and chew up tires.
umm...this makes no sense.

Coilovers = adjustable height. Of course it's not a snap of the fingers, but it's not as hard as you put it out to be. I used to have them on my older accord, and yes, u do need alignment, but that's with anything you do to your suspension. I used to raise my car in the winter, and drop it in the summer, no problems!!! Go for the coilovers, you won't regret it. "complex study of geometric angles, don't disturb them once they are dialed"? What would the point of getting coilovers, the whole point of them marketed to people is the adjustable factor! Don't be scared, they are "Adjustable" and if you do it properly everytime, it will not "chew up" your tires .
$ilverbullet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 27th, 2005, 10:39 AM   #12

wait, the prokits are lower in the back than front? Does this make it look like a saggy ass?
blkcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 27th, 2005, 01:39 PM   #13

edit: I reread above. Looking at specs on the prokits in various places it looks like they are generally an even f/r drop.

Last edited by truckin; March 27th, 2005 at 01:47 PM..
truckin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 27th, 2005, 02:54 PM   #14
Your V6P Snake Champion

Ok I found what i needed but could someone tell me how hard it is to install. Is this going to be a professional job or is this something me and a few of my buddies can pull off?
Old March 27th, 2005, 03:24 PM   #15
ACO's black sheep!

Send a message via AIM to slow CORD grl
theres a pic of my car in my gallery ... but heres the link to my cardomain ...

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/667064

i heard that if u dont set them at the lowest setting .. they slide ... and u have to keep reseting them .... but that cud be just rumor ........

[ ROFL 3 ... ITS ME ]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
slow CORD grl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 27th, 2005, 05:53 PM   #16
k?

ive had my neuspeed sports for bout a lil over a year and a half and i think i could use some more shox... even tho the louisiana roads are complete **** here.. but i feel every little bump
but i dunno nothin
saLvayshyn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 27th, 2005, 08:02 PM   #17
Your V6P Snake Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow CORD grl
theres a pic of my car in my gallery ... but heres the link to my cardomain ...

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/667064

i heard that if u dont set them at the lowest setting .. they slide ... and u have to keep reseting them .... but that cud be just rumor ........
If that is true then why would people buy the adjustable springs if they are just going to slide. I would think it would be a rumor but if you can come back with some information to back it up then please post it up.
Old March 27th, 2005, 11:12 PM   #18
346hp/300tq @ 4psi

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithz
Of course if you change the height you need to get an alignment done... I've never changed mine since I first set them either. The point is having the option to raise it if it's too low the roads that you normally drive. Better to readjust and realigned then continue to scrape the bottom of your car...

And coilovers aren't always that expensive... I got my GCs for $360. I will however eventually need to replace the dampers as well though.

GCs are reasonable, but are sleeve type. FULL coilovers are pretty expensive.
04accordcpe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 28th, 2005, 12:23 AM   #19

Full coilovers? Do they make those for our cars? and im thinking about changing my springs to coilovers (currently have H&R) , what would i need to do? Change springs? Camber kit? would my ride be just bouncy at all times?
Deepa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 28th, 2005, 12:28 AM   #20

sounds like a bunch of you need new shocks. i recommend the koni yellows. there is currently a gb goin on at gen7accord.com which is the same one as www.bwimports.org for only $525 shipped.
Raddy21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 28th, 2005, 12:41 AM   #21

Anyone, give me a good suspension set up, under 1000$ using coilovers. springs camber in all. perfer somthing with a nice ride over handling.
Deepa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 28th, 2005, 02:09 AM   #22

H&R coilovers or tein Htech w/ koni yellow

i went with H-tech just cuz i was scared of goin too low and not being able to go over speed bumps w/o scraping something
kwanzor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 28th, 2005, 10:43 AM   #23
The Anti-Virus

Coilovers don't make your ride bouncy... bad or mismatched dampers make it bouncy. ALL springs are bouncy, thats why the dampers are there to dampen the spring natural oscillation. If your dampers are shot or not matched for the springs, then you can have over/under damping causing a very stiff ride or a bouncy ride respectively.

If you can afford the full coilover setup, the tein ss is made for our cars. Otherwise go with the sleeve type "coilovers" like the groundcontrols which use an eibach progressive rate spring. That will give you a good balance of ride and performance.
Old April 27th, 2005, 02:35 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithz
Coilovers don't make your ride bouncy... bad or mismatched dampers make it bouncy. ALL springs are bouncy, thats why the dampers are there to dampen the spring natural oscillation. If your dampers are shot or not matched for the springs, then you can have over/under damping causing a very stiff ride or a bouncy ride respectively.

If you can afford the full coilover setup, the tein ss is made for our cars. Otherwise go with the sleeve type "coilovers" like the groundcontrols which use an eibach progressive rate spring. That will give you a good balance of ride and performance.

Do the Tein Basics have a progressive springs?
snipes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 27th, 2005, 02:57 PM   #25
The Anti-Virus

I haven't researched them... I went with GroundControl coilovers because they use a progressive rate Eibach spring. Not sure about what the tein uses.
Old April 28th, 2005, 12:29 PM   #26
Frisco You Know!

H&R with Koni adjustables on mid setting
1.25 drop front
.75 drop rear
you will NEED the rear camber kit. It messes up your camber to -1.9 and -1.7. Even though that's within the -2.0 that Honda says it's ok, it's not. They only said it's ok because of their HPF lowering kit and lack of rear camber adjustment.

Don't use coilovers unless you have the means to do a 4 wheel scale balance.... and bring it back every so often to rebalance.
zeoth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 29th, 2005, 10:16 AM   #27
The Anti-Virus

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeoth
Don't use coilovers unless you have the means to do a 4 wheel scale balance.... and bring it back every so often to rebalance.
Gotta love that dealership connection... ahhhhhhh.
Old April 29th, 2005, 06:15 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeoth
H&R with Koni adjustables on mid setting
1.25 drop front
.75 drop rear
you will NEED the rear camber kit. It messes up your camber to -1.9 and -1.7. Even though that's within the -2.0 that Honda says it's ok, it's not. They only said it's ok because of their HPF lowering kit and lack of rear camber adjustment.

I'd say your off a bit on your numbers the H&R sports are sold as 1.5 front drop, 1.3 rear drop. After they set in a bit more like 1 5/8 front, and 1 1/2 rear. I've got mine on Koni yellow on the lower perch and it dropped the car just over 2 in the front & right at 2 for the rear. You will definitely need a camber kit tho, after I got my Koni put on the camber went to just over -2.0 on the rear and the front is within spec.
sweet03accord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 29th, 2005, 08:52 PM   #29
6thgenaccord.com

Send a message via AIM to Wildman
tein basics (FULL coilovers w/ springs + shocks, not coilovers sleeves like Ground Control) = $650

Firestone Lifetime Alignment (as many alignments as you ever want at any Firestone) = $120-160

unlimited height adjustability forever = priceless

yeah i know, played out, i couldn't resist though lol
Wildman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 3rd, 2005, 11:27 PM   #30
4-Banggggerrr!!!!

ANYONE HELP ME WITH MY TEIN h-tech on my 4 door 99 4cyc accord. I just had these on like 4 days ago and it still look bone stock. The springs lowers my car 1.4 front and 1.3 bak, but it seems my bak are lower than the front, HOW LONG DOES IT USUALLY TAKE FOR SPRINGS TO SETTLE OR BREAK IN as in the springs actual height?? GIVE ME ADVICES PLEASE...
Pre`Cooked Rice is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in