spring install cost? - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD WHEELS, TIRES, & SUSPENSION DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 29th, 2005, 08:24 AM   #1
JDM FTW!!!11one!

spring install cost?

i search before posting on this topic, but really couldnt find any info. i wanted to know how much other 7th gen owners paid to have their springs and camber kit installed. looking for an idea to make sure i dont get stiffed. thanks!
JBLAccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 29th, 2005, 08:57 AM   #2
GO FAST OR GO HOME

For shocks/springs I have been quoted $85/$75 a corner at Big-O tires to $45/$40 a corner at my local tuner shop.

I'm pulling out my Eibach Pro's and having TEIN SS's installed this week for $1,156 total.

Good Luck!
Brad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 29th, 2005, 02:39 PM   #3
DjC
6th gen

^Which shop in NorCal?
DjC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old March 29th, 2005, 02:55 PM   #4
GO FAST OR GO HOME

EXACT in Milpitas (408)416-0061 ask for Sandy or John, say Brad sent you. John has done excellent work on my car and at a fair price.

I just put down $500 for the TEIN's an hour ago.
Old March 29th, 2005, 02:57 PM   #5
JDM FTW!!!11one!

i am doing just the springs and rear camber for now...im sure u can get a while out of the stock shocks untill i can get the money for them. i went to a local shop and they quoted me about $120 for everything. just want to know how much other 7 gen owners have paid for the install. any help is appreciated!
Old March 29th, 2005, 03:04 PM   #6
GO FAST OR GO HOME

My Dad has a place in Florida, I love it there...and the shop prices!

I live in the heart of "Silicon Valley" where everything is expensive...a 1000 sq.ft. condo goes for $800,000...go figure....
Old March 29th, 2005, 03:40 PM   #7
The Originator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBLAccord
i am doing just the springs and rear camber for now...im sure u can get a while out of the stock shocks untill i can get the money for them. i went to a local shop and they quoted me about $120 for everything. just want to know how much other 7 gen owners have paid for the install. any help is appreciated!

$120 for springs and camber???? And I thought I got a nice quote of $150 for just the springs.
dj mikel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 29th, 2005, 05:15 PM   #8

I paid $100 and it took them 45 min.
Sleestak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 29th, 2005, 06:37 PM   #9

oh my goodness....come to me...$50 and I will install your springs...and for the camber kit...10 bucks more
Wht2kAccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 29th, 2005, 07:25 PM   #10
XmEnB!sHoP

paid 100 bucks at my stereo place a few years ago. They dont usually do it, but i went there so much that was all they charged. Getting some Tien SS's next week friends and i will be doing the install for free.
SAV602 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 30th, 2005, 10:15 AM   #11
JDM FTW!!!11one!

wow, so mi guessintg $120 is reasonable for the install. i think im going to go ahead with it by the end of this week. ill be sure to post pics and all that.
Old March 30th, 2005, 10:18 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wht2kAccord
oh my goodness....come to me...$50 and I will install your springs...and for the camber kit...10 bucks more
Is the camber kit hard to install? Me and my friends were able to do springs and the oem lip kit fairly easy so do you think we would be able to handle this?
rd6spd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 30th, 2005, 01:41 PM   #13
The Originator

How hard is it to install the springs, if you have all the right tools (compressor)?
Old March 30th, 2005, 04:26 PM   #14
DV8
Hella Functional

Send a message via ICQ to DV8 Send a message via AIM to DV8 Send a message via MSN to DV8
2 large pizzas and a 6 pack of beer.

Find a local member to do it for u
DV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 30th, 2005, 05:16 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by DV8
2 large pizzas and a 6 pack of beer.

Find a local member to do it for u
hey do you know how to do it? im going to need my konis, s-techs, camber, and sway installed. my friends can do it but they have busy schedules, ill compensate you!
Raddy21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 30th, 2005, 05:19 PM   #16
Gen7Accord.com

Send a message via AIM to eccsnow Send a message via MSN to eccsnow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad
For shocks/springs I have been quoted $85/$75 a corner at Big-O tires to $45/$40 a corner at my local tuner shop.

I'm pulling out my Eibach Pro's and having TEIN SS's installed this week for $1,156 total.

Good Luck!
that's total price including the TEIN SS coilovers? where did you get the coilovers? does it have pillowball uppper mount?
eccsnow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 30th, 2005, 06:05 PM   #17
DV8
Hella Functional

Send a message via ICQ to DV8 Send a message via AIM to DV8 Send a message via MSN to DV8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddy21
hey do you know how to do it? im going to need my konis, s-techs, camber, and sway installed. my friends can do it but they have busy schedules, ill compensate you!

i can do it, but i'm located in blacksburg, Virginia(I go to school at VT). and i don't have any tools down here, all the tools i have is at home.

So if ur in the area, i'll be glad to do it for you. Just buy me some food and we'll call it even.

I'm not sure how to do camber or sway, so u may have to get someone else to do that for you. I mean, i can probably figure camber out, but sway bar may need an air tool, i'm not too sure.
Old March 30th, 2005, 06:06 PM   #18
DV8
Hella Functional

oh yea, raddy, u refering to rear or front?

Also, I would post in the regional forums too, there may be someone that's closer that's willing to help you out.
Old March 31st, 2005, 12:41 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad

Good Luck!
Brad it seriously costed you only $45/$40 at the Milpitas shop? I definitely gotta go there then when I get my S-techs and camber kit
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 31st, 2005, 01:27 PM   #20
GO FAST OR GO HOME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin
Brad it seriously costed you only $45/$40 at the Milpitas shop? I definitely gotta go there then when I get my S-techs and camber kit

Assassin,

Yes, if you buy the parts from them their install price is really good, which, when I added in tax, shipping and hassles, turned out to be a great deal.

As a matter of fact my car is there right now having the TEIN SS's put on.
Old March 31st, 2005, 01:41 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DV8
oh yea, raddy, u refering to rear or front?

Also, I would post in the regional forums too, there may be someone that's closer that's willing to help you out.
its rear sway, i can prob fig it out.

where is your home home?
Raddy21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 31st, 2005, 01:41 PM   #22

Ok i cost me $275 for H&R springs which im thinking about changing out so if anyone is intersted in buying them sent me a PM, but i bought the springs from Les Swhab and install and they got me good, cost me 500$ for install and springs. $120 is really good, but make sure you get it done from someone that knows what they are doing .

-Anyone know someone in Nor Cal, that can install a sprotline Eibach kit and a Chamber kit, let me know Thanks.
Deepa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 31st, 2005, 01:49 PM   #23
The Anti-Virus

Send a message via Yahoo to smithz
I have a contact at a dealership... service manager had his lead tech install my groundcontrols, SPC rear camber, and do an all wheel alignment for $140. Plus the guy got paid his usual wage at the same time... good deal for him and me. I'd hook you up with the contact but I doubt your in CO. I'd say $120 is good, but you should get an alignment if you want it to be setup correctly, so find out how much you will need to spend on that too. Also take into account the reputation/experience of whoever is doing it. Last thing you want is to save money and have expensive problems later because it was done halfasssed.
smithz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 3rd, 2005, 02:35 PM   #24
DV8
Hella Functional

my home is at Charlottesville, VA it's about 2 hours from NoVA.

But I don't really go there that much...
Old April 3rd, 2005, 02:36 PM   #25
DV8
Hella Functional

wow, some of u guys that paid over 100 bucks to install springs & shocks... it's really amazing how u can just fork over that much cash for such an easy install...

Why not attempt it yourself? it's really not that hard
Old April 3rd, 2005, 02:37 PM   #26
DV8
Hella Functional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepa
Ok i cost me $275 for H&R springs which im thinking about changing out so if anyone is intersted in buying them sent me a PM, but i bought the springs from Les Swhab and install and they got me good, cost me 500$ for install and springs. $120 is really good, but make sure you get it done from someone that knows what they are doing .

-Anyone know someone in Nor Cal, that can install a sprotline Eibach kit and a Chamber kit, let me know Thanks.
Find Toby Ei-Accord i think, that's his SN,
Old April 3rd, 2005, 02:41 PM   #27
The Anti-Virus

Send a message via Yahoo to smithz
$140 was worth it to me to not have to screw with it... its a time vs. money persnoal judgement call I guess.
smithz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 3rd, 2005, 04:10 PM   #28

Ive learned................Its all about time vs $$$.
THERUIZFAMILY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 3rd, 2005, 04:30 PM   #29
The Originator

Time vs. Money, but Money vs. Location for other Like myself....Average install around here is about $200-$230 for just springs.
Old April 3rd, 2005, 05:09 PM   #30

Heck getting quotes around by me they wanted $275 - $450 for the springs to be install. I think they just don't want to deal with it. If I looked at there hourly rate it was that x4, so they are saying an hour per corner. I could have done it all myself but time I just do not have, and didn't have a spring compressor. You guys are all extremely lucky. Midwest sux for prices not many speed shop around and to go to a dealer is crazy unless you know someone. I ended up paying $325 to get my H&R springs removed from stock shocks install them on the new Koni's, brake rotors & pads all the way around, sway bar install and front mess grill install seeing as it was at the shop.
sweet03accord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in