Factory Performance Suspension??? - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD WHEELS, TIRES, & SUSPENSION DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 30th, 2005, 05:28 PM   #1

Factory Performance Suspension???

Hello, In mid May i'm going to purchase a 05 Accord V6 coupe. I was wondering if the Honda Factory Performance Suspesion is really worth it? How much does it imporve handleing and is the car any quicker due to the lower center of gravity? Thank you for any help!

Jeff
Keanman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 30th, 2005, 05:37 PM   #2
The Anti-Virus

Send a message via Yahoo to smithz
Get a different aftermarket kit... HFP doesn't give you much of a drop and I think they charge a tihs load for it. Unless of course you are looking for just a real subtle drop... in which case you'd get more noticable handling difference from installing a TL-S rear sway bar even with the stock springs.

You might be more specific as to exactly what you are looking to achieve... as well as your budget limits.
smithz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 30th, 2005, 06:13 PM   #3
Silver Sleeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithz
Get a different aftermarket kit... HFP doesn't give you much of a drop and I think they charge a tihs load for it. Unless of course you are looking for just a real subtle drop... in which case you'd get more noticable handling difference from installing a TL-S rear sway bar even with the stock springs.

You might be more specific as to exactly what you are looking to achieve... as well as your budget limits.

that is soooo wrong. i installed the tl sway bar about a year ago and i couldnt even notice the different. i recently got the hfp suspension and i makes a huge difference. there is very noticably less body roll and much much tighter feeling. what is very nice about it is the ride quality is almost the same.
03accord03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old March 30th, 2005, 07:48 PM   #4
The Anti-Virus

Not going to start a flame, but different people are going to have different experiences with different parts. I understand that what you explained was YOUR experience, however you notice that I'm not telling you that you are wrong.

I actually installed the CL-S rear sway bar, which is 1mm thinner than the TL-S that you probably have installed. I installed it before I installed my groundcontrols and I, notice that word I, felt a complete difference in hard cornering. Maybe you didn't notice it because you never pushed it hard into a corner at 80mph. I have no idea what you circumstances are, but again notice I'm not telling you are wrong. Why? Because I don't presume to know everything about your setup or driving habbits.

As for experience with the HFP springs, you know more about it than I do. I was simply relaying what I'd heard from people who have it, serveral of which want different springs after the HFP. This is either because of performance or looks, not because of a cushy ride. If that's what you are going for, then fantastic. You got your springs and you're all happy. Nothing wrong with preferring ride over performance, never said there was. You will notice I asked him to clarify what he was really after instead of assuming.

Please think before posting that someone is "wrong". Especially when its in regards to something as undeterministic as this. Post your experiences and allow others to do so as well. Then whoever asked the question can make up THEIR own minds...
Old March 31st, 2005, 07:16 AM   #5
ex scientia vera

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03accord03
that is soooo wrong. i installed the tl sway bar about a year ago and i couldnt even notice the different. i recently got the hfp suspension and i makes a huge difference. there is very noticably less body roll and much much tighter feeling. what is very nice about it is the ride quality is almost the same.
Your experience isn't exactly aligned with most I've seen. The sway bar, by and large, has recieved rave reviews. Most members, including myself, have stated that they experienced amazing results from this relatively cheap and easy mod. I can't speak for the HFP suspension, as I don't have it, but my h.tech springs did help a lot too. But, I am of the opinion that the sway helped as much, if not more than the springs.
kramer2k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 31st, 2005, 07:31 AM   #6
indoctidiscant

Send a message via AIM to OwAce
Quote:
Originally Posted by kramer2k
Your experience isn't exactly aligned with most I've seen. The sway bar, by and large, has recieved rave reviews. Most members, including myself, have stated that they experienced amazing results from this relatively cheap and easy mod. I can't speak for the HFP suspension, as I don't have it, but my h.tech springs did help a lot too. But, I am of the opinion that the sway helped as much, if not more than the springs.

blech....i have been thinking a lot about this. really is the sway bar effect psychological or does it really play a part?

what i think i might do this weekend is use my yaw sensor in the navi to figure out if the 20 mm sway offers any adv over the 14 mm.

we cant be using our butt dynos and butt gmeters to figure this out. i understand yaw sensor is only gauging the rotation around the y axis of the car, but hey its a start. really though the sway bar prevents rotation around the x axis of the car. hmm mebbe i could use a water based bubble leveler?

where stevtec at when you need him?
OwAce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 31st, 2005, 08:28 AM   #7

how many posts can one make about the same topic.
6SpeedMaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 31st, 2005, 09:10 AM   #8
indoctidiscant

Send a message via AIM to OwAce
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6SpeedMaster
how many posts can one make about the same topic.

a crapload since the newbs gonna post again and again and again. i just discovered the yaw sensor so thats why imma check out how well it works.
OwAce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 31st, 2005, 10:24 AM   #9
The Anti-Virus

Should be interesting to hear what you find out from your yaw sensor...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in