HR Springs vs Neuspeed, warranty? ride comfort? - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD WHEELS, TIRES, & SUSPENSION DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 4th, 2005, 09:47 AM   #1
indoctidiscant

Send a message via AIM to OwAce
HR Springs vs Neuspeed, warranty? ride comfort?

for those people who know a lot about springs. does the warranty on a spring matter? Eibach offers million mile warranty..so im predisposed to that, but i dont want the pro kit drop and the sportline is too much for me.

I like tein, but then again the stech drop is too much 1.9"and im not sure if the htech 1.2 will cut it for me in the front... i want 1.5" in the front.

enh,, anyone know what neuspeed and HR springs ride like? were they better than stock. people here have said that about the htechs riding better and more comfortable than stock.

so if any of you all have any suggestions please let me know, i will be mating the new springs to the eibach dampers.

so let me know if

1) warranty matters

2) how ride quality is with HR and Neuspeed, given that HTECH is sposedly more comfortable.

thanks

:-)
OwAce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 4th, 2005, 04:39 PM   #2

i currently have H&R springs drop is 1.5front 1.3Rear, the ride is pertty good, not better then stock, unless you change out your shocks to match with the drop. I recomend the H&R springs. As far as warrany goes it matters for does it with anything you buy, but the products made by companys such as H&R, Eibach, Neuspeed are really good that you dont have to worry about them faling on you. What you should be concerned with if your worried about warranty is the warranty on your install. I got springs from les shwab, 532$ installed, and they gave me a warranty on parts and labor.
Deepa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 12th, 2005, 06:50 AM   #3

I have the H&R's also, had them on stock shocks and I'll go with Deepa on this, the ride isn't bad at all, a bit bouncy IMO tho with the OEM shocks, but I live in IL with crappy roads keep in mind. Plus I was in the market to stiffen up the my ride a bit, I felt the OEM setup was way way to soft, I'm not into the old folks feel like driving a Buick. I did blow out a front shock with those springs on the OEM shocks for reference, but that could have been because of our rough roads here in IL. If I recall correctly they are rated at about 25-30% stiffer then OEM springs. Now I just changed my shocks to the Koni yellows and what a difference in how that changed the ride, much much better now. As far as the drop is concerned I think the 1.5Front and 1.3rear balances out nicely tho. Peace.
sweet03accord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old April 12th, 2005, 08:01 AM   #4
YES IM VIETNAMESE!

Send a message via AIM to vt4lifecuf
eibach prokit and eibach prodamper, a good combo, im getting mine next week
vt4lifecuf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 12th, 2005, 08:36 AM   #5
indoctidiscant

getting koni yellows. still undecided on springs. any suggestions anyone? i think htech on these yellows on the lowest perch should give me 1.6~ 1.7 inch front drop.
Old April 12th, 2005, 08:45 AM   #6
YES IM VIETNAMESE!

since im getting eibach prokit and eibach prodamper on my sedan, do i still need camber kit? or alignment?
Old April 12th, 2005, 09:09 AM   #7
indoctidiscant

Quote:
Originally Posted by vt4lifecuf
since im getting eibach prokit and eibach prodamper on my sedan, do i still need camber kit? or alignment?
yes. or actually wait...i donno..you may not since the damper maybe shortened by about an inch..i dono...

we need stevetec over here..
Old April 12th, 2005, 10:26 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwAce
getting koni yellows. still undecided on springs. any suggestions anyone? i think htech on these yellows on the lowest perch should give me 1.6~ 1.7 inch front drop.
You may get a little closer to 1.8~1.9" drop on those. Each perch on the shock measures 1/2" but from my measurements after install and all the weight on the car it dropped about 3/4", I measured the drop before I put the Koni's on. My total drop is just a bit over 2" w/H&R & Koni's on the lowest perch, and adding the drop up is should have been just under 2" with my setup. It's really hard to say how each spring is going to settle. Just like everyone is seeing a difference on the HFP setup. If I were you and want to be around the 1.6 area I'd do the H-techs and worse case you may have to put the Koni's on the center perch instead of the lowest and you should be right around the 1.6" you are looking for. I don't understand why there is a difference on the drop so much after putting the Koni's on. The only thing I can think of it that the lenght of the shock itself is a bit short then the OEM. I didn't think of measuring them before install to compare. If anyone has there Koni not install and posts a measurement, I still have the OEM front shock in my garage I can measure them and we can try to compare where the difference is possibly coming from. Best place would be from the bolt hole for mounting to the cup ring where the spring sits. Good luck to ya. Peace
sweet03accord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 12th, 2005, 10:36 AM   #9
indoctidiscant

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet03accord
You may get a little closer to 1.8~1.9" drop on those.

just what i wanted to hear. comfort of htech and drop of stech
Old April 15th, 2005, 12:58 PM   #10
dude wtf??

Send a message via AIM to truth^
if you guys are running sport springs and want a big difference in ride, just grab some tokico blues (hp or high performance), very affordable, and you will seriously notice a difference

i have h&r race + tokico blues on my 02 AV6
truth^ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 15th, 2005, 01:05 PM   #11
YES IM VIETNAMESE!

sport spring for sedan is better or race spring
Old April 15th, 2005, 01:41 PM   #12
dude wtf??

Send a message via AIM to truth^
depends on what you want. personally i prefer race on sedan especially. you need to go bigger on sedan since it's a 4-door, lol.

i've found that 6th gen sedan is the ONLY car that WONT look slammed with race springs. it's retarded. EVERY SINGLE OTHER accord regardless of sedan or coupe will look SLAMMED with race springs. and of course i have to have a 6th gen sedan. ;p

that's why i'm gonna get an 05 coupe
truth^ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in