2004 Acura TL Strut Bar - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD WHEELS, TIRES, & SUSPENSION DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 5th, 2005, 07:47 AM   #1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 152
2004 Acura TL Strut Bar

I'm thinking of getting the TL Strut bar for my Accord Sedan. I looked on Acuraparts247.com and came up with this:

P/N: 74180-SEP-A00
Description: BAR, STRUT TOWER

Does anyone know if this is the correct part that I'm looking for?
Askani is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old April 5th, 2005, 07:57 AM   #2
Registered User
 
Art M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: GDL Mexico.
Posts: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Askani
I'm thinking of getting the TL Strut bar for my Accord Sedan. I looked on Acuraparts247.com and came up with this:

P/N: 74180-SEP-A00
Description: BAR, STRUT TOWER

Does anyone know if this is the correct part that I'm looking for?
I donīt know if it will fit, but you can get the one from the 6sp Coupe, a few people have already done this, so we know it fits. Iīm ordering mine from hardtopguy this week.
Art M.
Art M. is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 5th, 2005, 09:05 AM   #3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art M.
I donīt know if it will fit, but you can get the one from the 6sp Coupe, a few people have already done this, so we know it fits. Iīm ordering mine from hardtopguy this week.
Art M.

What's the part number for the one from the 6sp Coupe? How much is it from Hardtopguy? Does anyone know if the TL one will fit the Accord?
Askani is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old April 5th, 2005, 10:24 AM   #4
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 108
Here are the part numbers for the TL sway bay and related bushings/brackets...

20mm rear sway bar - part# 52300-SEP-A11

bushings for sway bar (need 2) - 52306-SEP-A11

bracket for sway bar (need 2) - 52308-S3M-A00
jkrig is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 5th, 2005, 10:46 AM   #5
14.58 =Quickest Gen7 auto
 
03LXV6Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Jax
Posts: 3,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Askani
Does anyone know if the TL one will fit the Accord?
I'm pretty sure the TL strut bar will NOT fit the Accord.
03LXV6Guy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 5th, 2005, 11:39 AM   #6
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03LXV6Guy
I'm pretty sure the TL strut bar will NOT fit the Accord.

That sucks. Well anyone know the part number for the Accord 6sp coupe strut bar?
Askani is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 5th, 2005, 10:16 PM   #7
_
 
0430Steve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,648
6spd. strut part # 1091263

1091263 014 1 BAR, FR. TOWER NO COLOR 106.82 80.10

don't know if this link will work, but here it is, number 14

parts

Last edited by 0430Steve; April 5th, 2005 at 10:20 PM..
0430Steve is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 6th, 2005, 10:09 AM   #8
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0430Steve
6spd. strut part # 1091263

1091263 014 1 BAR, FR. TOWER NO COLOR 106.82 80.10

don't know if this link will work, but here it is, number 14

parts
Thanks alot. Link worked. I'm surprised that the Accord 6sp Strut bar is twice the price of the Acura TL Strut bar.
Askani is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 7th, 2005, 12:26 AM   #9
myq
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Askani
Thanks alot. Link worked. I'm surprised that the Accord 6sp Strut bar is twice the price of the Acura TL Strut bar.
hey askani, let us know that works out for you. i was looking in to doing that too. but after looking at my engine bay, it looks more complicated than just bolting on the bar cuz of the firewall attachment and the other things bolted on there.
myq is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 7th, 2005, 12:51 AM   #10
_
 
0430Steve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,648
i had bought one and got rid of it because i didn't want to bother, but apparently it's not that bad. do it.
0430Steve is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 8th, 2005, 12:55 AM   #11
myq
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 36
yeah, it doesn't sound too bad. it would just be nice to know exactly what clips i need to pull off b4 i do something stupid.
myq is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 8th, 2005, 08:05 AM   #12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 152
Well I ordered the Accord 6sp Strut bar. I'll get it installed by the dealer along with the HFP perfomance package.
Askani is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 8th, 2005, 09:27 PM   #13
myq
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 36
oh well, i'll find an hour one of these days to poke around
myq is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 9th, 2005, 11:43 AM   #14
wj4
Registered User
 
wj4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,460
Quote:
Originally Posted by Askani
Well I ordered the Accord 6sp Strut bar. I'll get it installed by the dealer along with the HFP perfomance package.
the dealership chages u an arm and a leg for labor. they qouted me at $400 for labor on HFP suspension while i went to a certified honda/acura shop to have them do it for $120.
btw how much was hte 6speed bar? just curious. i ended up going for a neuspeed strut bar for $100 because i consider it a show mod as well
wj4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 10th, 2005, 10:25 PM   #15
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 152
I sure hope they don't try to charge me that much. Does anyone know how many hours the Honda Manual says it takes to install? That way I can get the correct price. The strut bar cost $80.
Askani is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 19th, 2005, 06:30 PM   #16
Registered User
 
hysuper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4
the dealership chages u an arm and a leg for labor. they qouted me at $400 for labor on HFP suspension while i went to a certified honda/acura shop to have them do it for $120.
btw how much was hte 6speed bar? just curious. i ended up going for a neuspeed strut bar for $100 because i consider it a show mod as well

wj4,
where did you get he neuspeed strut bar for $100? does that include the shipping fee also?
or anyone knows where to buy the cheap one online?
I am thinking about buying one also, thx
hysuper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 21st, 2005, 01:47 PM   #17
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 103
How hard is ti to install the strut bar I'm interested in getting one as well but would really liek to know if its somethign I can do myself.
Nsaladino is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 7th, 2005, 12:04 PM   #18
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 152
Got the strut bar installed. Works great!
Askani is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 7th, 2005, 12:13 PM   #19
wj4
Registered User
 
wj4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,460
Quote:
Originally Posted by hysuper
wj4,
where did you get he neuspeed strut bar for $100? does that include the shipping fee also?
or anyone knows where to buy the cheap one online?
I am thinking about buying one also, thx
it was really random...i was bored one day and searched on ebay. found an item with buy it now price of $100. (starting bid was $99) so i used buy it now.
the seller said that the item would be shipped from camarillo, ca. i asked them if i can pick it up in person and not get charged with shipping, the seller said that was fine.
so i went the next day to the neuspeed headquarter in camarillo and picked it up. it was a no traffic 30 miles drive with lots of uphills and downhills, along with turns so i didnt mind
however when i got there, i was surrounded by euros lol. bunch of golfs and jettas wanting to jump my accord
wj4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 7th, 2005, 12:47 PM   #20
Registered User
 
Deepa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 748
lol
Deepa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply


Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On