Help on 235/40/18 - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD WHEELS, TIRES, & SUSPENSION DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 9th, 2005, 10:56 AM   #1

Help on 235/40/18

I've installed a set of Racing Hart CRs 18 x 7.5 (+42 offset) with Nitto 235/40/18. I have Tein SS coilovers and about a two finger gap between the rear tires and the fenders. I had a four wheel alignment this morning and my rear tires are rubbing. What should I do? Raise the springs or roll the fenders? I want to stick with the 235 since they are the closest diameter to stock. Here are some photos.

Last edited by AV6Coupe2k3; April 10th, 2005 at 11:00 AM.. Reason: Edited Wheel Model
AV6Coupe2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 9th, 2005, 11:40 AM   #2
wj4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AV6Coupe2k3
I've installed a set of Racing Hart CX 18 x 7.5 (+42 offset) with Nitto 235/40/18. I have Tein SS coilovers and about a two finger gap between the rear tires and the fenders. I had a four wheel alignment this morning and my rear tires are rubbing. What should I do? Raise the springs or roll the fenders? I want to stick with the 235 since they are the closest diameter to stock. Here are some photos.

dang, u have 2 finger gap between each tires and theyre rubbing? u can roll out the fender...imo itd look dope but thats going to cost a bit of $$$. u can try to get new rims with 45 offset or u can try to go down to 235/35/18? those are the 3 solutions i can come up with, not sure what else u can do?
btw how bad is the rubbing?
wj4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 9th, 2005, 11:43 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4
dang, u have 2 finger gap between each tires and theyre rubbing? u can roll out the fender...imo itd look dope but thats going to cost a bit of $$$. u can try to get new rims with 45 offset or u can try to go down to 235/35/18? those are the 3 solutions i can come up with, not sure what else u can do?
btw how bad is the rubbing?
It rubs when I'm cornering.

Old April 10th, 2005, 07:22 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AV6Coupe2k3
It rubs when I'm cornering.
Would it help if you had the rear alignment readjusted to dial in more negative camber?
pharmb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 10th, 2005, 10:47 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmb
Would it help if you had the rear alignment readjusted to dial in more negative camber?
It would probably help but I want even wear on all four tires. We decided to roll the fenders. From our observation, the rims are flushed with fender (or even inside the fender). The tires are the ones sticking out. I would recommend 225x45x18 with +42 to be as near as possible to stock diameter/circumference without rubbing or go with at least +45 if you want 235x40x18.

Lesson learned: 235x40x18 tires with 18x7.5 +42 offset rims will rub, if lowered.

Last edited by AV6Coupe2k3; April 10th, 2005 at 10:52 AM..
Old April 10th, 2005, 10:52 AM   #6
I Jumped Off Da Bandwagon

I learned that lesson as well. Left me no choice but to sell them. Now i have +48mm and 235/40/18 with tein ss and no rubbing issues. Btw, mine was flush with the fender while your stick out further and i got an alignment too.
Hongda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 10th, 2005, 10:54 AM   #7

Oh yeah, those are CRs not CX
Old April 10th, 2005, 10:55 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hongda
Oh yeah, those are CRs not CX
My bad, ur right, those are CRs
Old April 10th, 2005, 02:34 PM   #9

hongda, how long did you wait before you got an alignment? how many insches are you lowered?
Igotvtec04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 11th, 2005, 04:11 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igotvtec04
hongda, how long did you wait before you got an alignment? how many insches are you lowered?

I don't recall when but i need another one after i lower it some more. Gonna go with no gap or even lower.
Old April 11th, 2005, 05:41 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hongda
I don't recall when but i need another one after i lower it some more. Gonna go with no gap or even lower.
I'd like to see some pics. I'm thinking about dropping my down to the lowest notch on the Koni's. I'm on the middle one now.

BTW, adding a little negative camber will not unevenly wear out your tires unless it's extreme. Having the toe out one way or the other will eat your tires up. I think our Accords come with -1 or -1.5 degrees camber from the factory.
pharmb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in