Suspension Lowering - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD WHEELS, TIRES, & SUSPENSION DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 9th, 2005, 07:03 PM   #1
No Life LowLife

Post Suspension Lowering

For those of us who don't want coilovers and just want HFP or other lowering springs, I'll do a tally of the lowerings. Just give me the distance from the center of the centercap to the fender for your setup and I'll update the numbers.
With enough numbers, you can help others to better choose their springs. For example, I want a 2" gap with 19's running on 225/35/19s. I can use the tire calculator to find the radius. So the front wheel gap using HFP is 14.5" - 12.6" = 1.9" I think this is what I'm going to do. But for others if you want to post your numbers I'll update them. The more numbers the better.

OEM
OwAce 2dr MT6 F=15.8 R=15.3
leeak 04 4dr F=15 3/8 R=14.0

HFP
stoner 04 2dr MT6 F=15.5 R=14.25 *w/ fat sub in the back
Jon2002 04 2dr MT6 F=14.5 R=13.5 *w/ another fat sub in trunk
wj4 04 2dr F=14.0 R=13.0 (lowest HFP drop yet!)
delta tech 05 4dr F=14.25 R=13.5

Tein H-Tech
04accordcpe 04 2dr MT6 F=14 1/4 R=14 1/8

H&R Sport
Deepa 04 2dr F=14.6 R=14.2

H&R Sports w/ Koni's
sweet03accord 03 2dr f=13.25 R=13.38 (13.38"? Did you use a caliper?)

Last edited by Leeak; April 13th, 2005 at 01:07 AM..
Leeak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 9th, 2005, 07:25 PM   #2
wj4

i have an av6 auto coupe. got HFP for about 4 months now and my measurements are 14inch in front and 13inch in back. right now im on stock wheels with nothing in the trunk except my backpack haha
wj4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 10th, 2005, 12:04 AM   #3
wj4

i think we should also put up pictures next to the stats to give a visual
heres a pic i took last week after the car wash. its a trickey picture because the ground was slightly uphill. in a straight level ground, the front is a weee bit lower haha

Old April 10th, 2005, 09:37 AM   #4

Quote:
H&R Sports w/ Koni's
sweet03accord 03 2dr f=13.25 R=13.38 (13.38"? Did you use a caliper?)
LOL, to be honest I did use a digital height gage from work I could have actually post in thousandths of an inch but that would hvae just got ppl confused

Great posting idea tho for all the people looking to do suspension drops. It took me forever to decide which I wanted to go, but ended up extremely happy in the long run. Peace
sweet03accord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 10th, 2005, 09:51 AM   #5

Good thought here a pic of mine, it's not clean tho
Here is the link to get a bigger view if need be (http://www.cardomain.com/id/sweet03accord). The top 2 pics are with the H&R's on stock shock last year, the bottom 2 pics are the ones with the H&R's w/Konis
sweet03accord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 10th, 2005, 10:26 AM   #6
indoctidiscant

Send a message via AIM to OwAce
wj4 thats a great hfp drop. you have no idea how lucky you are.
OwAce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 10th, 2005, 11:25 AM   #7
wj4

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwAce
wj4 thats a great hfp drop. you have no idea how lucky you are.
lol thnx bro. still wish the front was an inch lower tho to make the whole car even out
Old April 10th, 2005, 11:37 AM   #8

once u get some nice rims it'll look sick
Raddy21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 10th, 2005, 11:51 AM   #9
wj4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddy21
once u get some nice rims it'll look sick
gimme 2 more weeks man. i got the rims already just gotta save up for the tires. im puttin on 18 inch roja drift gt in gunmetal with chrome lip. im saving up for falken azenis lol. i could put them on now but if i do, id be flat broke so id rather wait for the next paycheck to help out a bit also im going to get a tint to match the gunmetal after that hehe
Old April 10th, 2005, 12:01 PM   #10
I Jumped Off Da Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4
gimme 2 more weeks man. i got the rims already just gotta save up for the tires. im puttin on 18 inch roja drift gt in gunmetal with chrome lip. im saving up for falken azenis lol. i could put them on now but if i do, id be flat broke so id rather wait for the next paycheck to help out a bit also im going to get a tint to match the gunmetal after that hehe
Don't get it too dark tho. You'll know what'll happen.
Hongda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 10th, 2005, 12:09 PM   #11
wj4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hongda
Don't get it too dark tho. You'll know what'll happen.
hehe maybe 35% or so around.
Old April 10th, 2005, 03:45 PM   #12
No Life LowLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4
lol thnx bro. still wish the front was an inch lower tho to make the whole car even out
Compare to stoner's 15.5" and 14.25" I won't complain too much. Anyway are you sure you have 14" and 13" flat? All these measurements should be from the CENTER of the centercap. Just want to make sure. But from you pic, it looks like you have one of the best hfp drop. I am leaning towards hfp now. It would be nice if we get some consistency w/ the hfps....

Last edited by Leeak; April 10th, 2005 at 03:52 PM..
Old April 10th, 2005, 04:39 PM   #13
wj4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeak
Compare to stoner's 15.5" and 14.25" I won't complain too much. Anyway are you sure you have 14" and 13" flat? All these measurements should be from the CENTER of the centercap. Just want to make sure. But from you pic, it looks like you have one of the best hfp drop. I am leaning towards hfp now. It would be nice if we get some consistency w/ the hfps....
yes...i measured from the middle of the "H" in the center of the wheel to the bottom of the fender.
Old April 10th, 2005, 04:55 PM   #14
oSCaR

Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4
...im puttin on 18 inch roja drift gt in gunmetal with chrome lip... ...also im going to get a tint to match the gunmetal after that hehe
uuu the 18" ro_ja gt drift are on my "want list" of wheels, im getting tint next week (20%, i have graphite, f' the popo, ill just say my paint makes it look darker if i get pulled over... lol) ... i wanted to ask how much you gettin the wheels for? how much do they weigh, and the offset if u know it, thanks a lot.
v6_ccord_2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 10th, 2005, 05:10 PM   #15
wj4

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6_ccord_2k5
uuu the 18" ro_ja gt drift are on my "want list" of wheels, im getting tint next week (20%, i have graphite, f' the popo, ill just say my paint makes it look darker if i get pulled over... lol) ... i wanted to ask how much you gettin the wheels for? how much do they weigh, and the offset if u know it, thanks a lot.
i got the wheels for $630shipped from ebaymotors, from a seller that sells a lot of roja wheels. they are 18 x 7, bolt pattern is of course 5 x 114.3 and the offset is 42mm. theyre kinda heavy, around 25lb each, but thats only 2-3 more lb than the stock 16inch wheel so w/e. for the price i couldnt let a couple of pounds let me say no especially with them being a 2 peice forged set haha.
u can click on the link to see the pix. i didnt want to post the pix here and clutter up this thread
http://www.v6performance.net/forums/...ad.php?t=51157
Old April 13th, 2005, 01:11 AM   #16
No Life LowLife

Cool

Just updated w/ Deepa's numbers from the other thread. If you guys keep posting numbers up, I'll continue to add to this. BTW Deepa how did you get 14.6 and 14.2? Or do you actually mean 14 3/4 and 14 1/4? I know, I'm nitpicking.
Old April 13th, 2005, 09:09 AM   #17

Send a message via AIM to aceofspades626
anyone got h-techs with konis on the lower perch?
pics?
aceofspades626 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 8th, 2005, 05:26 PM   #18

my specs are way off guys sorry, ill remeasure so you can fix that leeak, and we need more people on to list there drops, we got how many 7gen owners and only what 9 people that actually listed.
Deepa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 8th, 2005, 05:43 PM   #19
ultimate

Send a message via AIM to carfanatik
hmm I need a drop but I'm not sure which kit to get. I want btwn 1.5 inch and 2 inch drop, but I want the back to be higher (no boating).
Also I don't want to spend a lot of money. Any suggestions?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Coilovers + lowering springs come in a package, right?
If so, can I get lowering springs now, can I get the matching coilovers later?
carfanatik is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 8th, 2005, 07:53 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfanatik
hmm I need a drop but I'm not sure which kit to get. I want btwn 1.5 inch and 2 inch drop, but I want the back to be higher (no boating).
Also I don't want to spend a lot of money. Any suggestions?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Coilovers + lowering springs come in a package, right?
If so, can I get lowering springs now, can I get the matching coilovers later?

no im pertty sure you cant do that....id just go with some good coilovers i got springs i dont like the fact you have to stick with that drop, i want to go lower i got h&r which is 1.5f 1.3r and its def not low enough, im thinking about going with ground contorl coilovers.
Old May 11th, 2005, 06:00 PM   #21
No Life LowLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepa
my specs are way off guys sorry, ill remeasure so you can fix that leeak, and we need more people on to list there drops, we got how many 7gen owners and only what 9 people that actually listed.
Remeasure it and let me know. I ended up getting Tein SS and just installed it today, but I'll update this list as more numbers come in.

And Carfan, if you want a more even wheel gap, H-tech looks pretty good (from the measurement of course).

The more numbers we get, the more help we can give others. Thanks
Old May 14th, 2005, 01:58 AM   #22

ill post when i get some time, and im also going with tien but im going with the basics.
Old May 14th, 2005, 11:00 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepa
ill post when i get some time, and im also going with tien but im going with the basics.

dont have springs but i did just install tein ss. although i am not sure of the difference in height compared to the stock setup, i dropped the back 1 and 1/4 inches and the front 1 and 5/8 inches. The back is perfect but the front, even with more of a drop than the back, still has a four finger gap. Oh, im on the stock 17s. These av6 coupes need to be dropped a lot more in the front to close the wheel gap. Just thought that might help some of your decisions for springs versus coilovers. Im not sure you can get springs that would drop the front enough to give it a balanced look. ( ie back -1.5 and front -2). oh and carfanatik, if you go with springs now and rims later you may run into some rubbing. Its safer to drop first then get rims if your just gonna do springs.
dt350 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in