alignment - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD WHEELS, TIRES, & SUSPENSION DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 11th, 2005, 10:37 PM   #1
The Poker KING

Send a message via AIM to LIL TANE
alignment

the strangest thing started happening.

I just recently installed my Tein H-Techs a week and a half ago. At first, my alignment was off and my wheel was pretty tilted to the left. I'm driving today, I notice it's the EXACT opposite, now it's tilted to the right.

how the hell did that happen???
LIL TANE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 11th, 2005, 10:52 PM   #2
indoctidiscant

Send a message via AIM to OwAce
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIL TANE
the strangest thing started happening.

I just recently installed my Tein H-Techs a week and a half ago. At first, my alignment was off and my wheel was pretty tilted to the left. I'm driving today, I notice it's the EXACT opposite, now it's tilted to the right.

how the hell did that happen???

what do you mean by tilt? do you mean the wheel was slanted into the body and is now slanted out of the body? what wheel are we talking about? front or rear? both or passenger/driver side? did you hit anything during this time?
OwAce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 11th, 2005, 10:57 PM   #3
346hp/300tq @ 4psi

think he's talking about the steering wheel
04accordcpe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old April 12th, 2005, 01:01 AM   #4
The Poker KING

doh, my bad.

I meant my steering wheel lol, my bad.

By tilt I mean slanted, sorry for the confusion.

It just seemed a little weird to me, I don't understand how/why that happened.

The car seems to drive better now though as it's not as slanted to the right as it was to the left(steering wheel)

Any ideas? I'm still gonna wait like 3 more weeks to get an alignment to allow the springs to fully settle.
Old April 12th, 2005, 06:19 AM   #5

NO clue, sounds odd but I'd be interested in knowing myself just for reference.
sweet03accord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 12th, 2005, 06:48 AM   #6
indoctidiscant

oh so what is happening is that when your going straight your wheel isnt in the 12 o clock position? its more like 1230? or 1130?.....hmmm weird..that usually happens when your frontal alignment is fracked to hell, or someone took ur steering wheel off and didnt put it back right.
Old April 12th, 2005, 04:55 PM   #7

i just lowered mine, half finger on each wheel. my steering wheel is off center 1155 position, and my rear tires are tilted in. question, will my rear tires become straight again after i get an alignment (camber kit adjusted to factory spec.)????
Igotvtec04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 12th, 2005, 07:00 PM   #8
The Poker KING

^yup they sure will, that's why we made the right choice by getting the camber kit =)

This is still strange to me, I don't know how my steering wheel is tilted another direction when I didn't even do anything, very weird.

Last edited by LIL TANE; April 12th, 2005 at 07:05 PM..
Old April 12th, 2005, 07:07 PM   #9

i lowered mine with h-techs and didnt have any problem with the steering wheel that i noticed, took it to get an alignment and they said i dont need a camber kit, my toe was a little off but nothing they couldnt fix there
rd6spd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 12th, 2005, 09:36 PM   #10
indoctidiscant

if your steering wheel is offcenter that means your toe is off.

look at it this way, when your steering wheel is straight your wheels are pointing funny and want to go straight and not the direction they are pointing in, as a result you need to adjust the front toe.

if i were you id get the alignment done soon.

on a seperate note my car is acting all fed up too and all i have done is put on new rims and tires..steering off, car vibrating a little--can only be felt through steering wheel, and if u look at passenger seat that is shaking a little.
Old April 16th, 2005, 11:15 PM   #11

I think that I have the same problem after changing stock to coilovers then stock again. I also think that since the dealer put a new trans in my car, that it's been acting up.(mayb the subframe wasn't put back in properly. I'm not sure exactly whats wrong. I recently bought h-techs and koni yellows- I;m hoping this fixes my problems because they make me hate my car.
03ondubs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 17th, 2005, 01:44 AM   #12
The Poker KING

dude, my camber and toe are SOO off, it's ridiculous

i'll have to take some photos to show you guys how bad it is.

it's been 2 weeks since i got my springs installed, how many more weeks do u guys think for springs to fully settle?
Old April 17th, 2005, 02:50 AM   #13

4 weeks....or a month for them to settle in and get an alignment
Wht2kAccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 17th, 2005, 05:45 PM   #14

Send a message via AIM to NightShift
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd6spd
i lowered mine with h-techs and didnt have any problem with the steering wheel that i noticed, took it to get an alignment and they said i dont need a camber kit, my toe was a little off but nothing they couldnt fix there
is this true? mine doesn't seem like it needs an alignment nor do my wheels look tilted in
NightShift is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 17th, 2005, 08:09 PM   #15
The Poker KING

I don't see how this can be possible.

I had my H-Techs and Ingalls camber & toe kit installed the same day

two weeks later, my tires are so tilted, it's ridiculous

/ \

pretty much exactly hwo it is right now, looks retarded.

maybe you guys don't need one who knows, cuz Nightshift, if I remember correctly u should have ur H-Techs installed and didn't even mess with the camber. Maybe the camber gets so messed up when u install the kit, I dunno. I'm gona have to get two alignments then, cuz I need one asap.
Old April 18th, 2005, 06:37 AM   #16

That doesn't make sense to me either. I just took my car in over the weekend to get an alignment and dummy me should have put the camber kit on when I had the Koni's installed. Problem is when I had the H&R's on the stock shocks they were in spec but at the limit -1.5 ( tilted in a little not to bad tho), now that I had the Koni's installed and the guy put them on the low perch which dropped the car about another 3/4 of an inch the camber is out by .6 ( ie sitting @ -2.1 atm) spec is -1.5 to -.5 for the rear. I didn't plan on them setting the car lower, but no biggie. Any opinion which is better SPC camber or Ingball?
LIL, suggestion if you need more then one alignment I found a deal but I don't know if they out where you live NTB ( National Tire & Battery) has a 3 year alignment deal $129.99 for as many alignments you need in 3 years. Actually they have 3 deals 89.99 for 1 yr, 129.99 for 3 years, & 159.99 for 5 years. Also you can tranfer it to another car if you were to sell you car.
Old April 18th, 2005, 01:27 PM   #17
indoctidiscant

ingalls, can adjsut your toe and camber, very important if ur car is dropped more than an inch or so..dont want your toe all out of wack.
Old April 18th, 2005, 01:53 PM   #18

According to the alignment place, and the sheet I got the toe isn't an issue everything is fine, just that the camber is out. Didn't know if I should get the Ingalls or the SPC camber kit. Know of a good place to purchase either? Thanks for the input.
Old April 18th, 2005, 01:57 PM   #19

One other question, so are you saying if I just get a camber kit that possiblly the toe could go out then and I wouldn't be able to adjust that? For refernce I've got mine dropped around 2". I've got the Koni's w/H&R sport springs. Last but not least anyone heard this or no, I read a post from someone saying that Koni staes not to use the lower perch with aftermarket springs. Is there any truth or not. Has me a bit concerned seeing as the guy who installed mine decided to put them on the lower perch. Any input would be much appreciated.
Old April 19th, 2005, 02:36 PM   #20
indoctidiscant

your camber and toes are adjusted using bars. if you adjust one, you will most probably have to adjsut the other based off the amount you adjust one. that is why i recommend getting the ingalls kit that adjusts both toe and camber.

i would recommend popping your head underneath the rear of your car to see how ur suspension works. you will see the two bars i am talking about.
Old April 19th, 2005, 05:23 PM   #21

I know what you are saying, I put the spring on originally myself. Just wasn't sure if I were to lets say get the SPC kit for camber then will I end up had a problem with the toe then. And at that point being a bit pissed off because now I would have another issue to be dealt with. I guess the easy route is just go ingalls and be able to kill 2 birds with one stone. Got a good place to buy the ingalls from? Sorry man, just tired of hunting the web looking for a decent deal. Thx for the input. Peace
Old April 19th, 2005, 07:46 PM   #22
The Poker KING

http://www.iapdirect.com/catalog_items.asp?vid=130

That's where I got mine from, good place and the guy there is great too.
Old April 19th, 2005, 07:48 PM   #23
indoctidiscant

best price you are going to get is 150 shipped. you can find it on ebay from time to time and some guy is trying to sell his in the classifieds section of v6p
Old April 20th, 2005, 05:45 AM   #24

Quote:

LOL...That cracks me up. Silly me should have waited a few hours, went out searching the web again and eneded up coming accross the same web site. Glad to here they are good people and do good business. Guess I'll head back today and order it. Thx for the input & info. Peace
Old April 20th, 2005, 05:44 PM   #25

Quote:

Absolutely correct the guy is rockin. Got back to me in no time about my question. He actually appreciated my suggestion to add to the site what the adjustments are for on the set of Ingalls. It's didn't state what it would adjust to, not that I didn't know. Lil again much appreciated, thx. Oh yea and he said thx to you also for the referal to his site. He actually asked how I heard about his site and I mentioned that I got it from a post in a forum, didn't tell him which one tho not that that matters. Peace
Old April 20th, 2005, 07:33 PM   #26
The Poker KING

Glad to hear it man, I believe his name was Peter? either way, I liked his customer service. Unlike the people I ordered my TEIN H-Tech from (9secondracing.com) he called me the day after I ordered my Ingalls to tell me they were on backorder, then kept me up to date via email on when they receieved it, when it was sent out, etc..

As a consumer, I appreciate those kinds of things.

On another note, I got my alignment today!! wow so happy man, car is so much smoother now, my case was ESPECIALLY bad, I don't have the numbers for you guys on the degrees and stuff, just happy now that everything's align perfectly.

He told me to come back in a month to see how the alignment's doing.
Old April 20th, 2005, 07:46 PM   #27

Quote:
Glad to hear it man, I believe his name was Peter? either way, I liked his customer service. Unlike the people I ordered my TEIN H-Tech from (9secondracing.com) he called me the day after I ordered my Ingalls to tell me they were on backorder, then kept me up to date via email on when they receieved it, when it was sent out, etc..

As a consumer, I appreciate those kinds of things.

On another note, I got my alignment today!! wow so happy man, car is so much smoother now, my case was ESPECIALLY bad, I don't have the numbers for you guys on the degrees and stuff, just happy now that everything's align perfectly.

He told me to come back in a month to see how the alignment's doing.
Yea that is the same guy that responded to me. And I totally agree with you, being a consumer and getting good customer service is what it is all about these days. To many people could care less all they want it your $$$$. Personally I'm the type of guy willing to pay a bit more if I have to just to know that if there is a problem it will get resolved. I feel for ya on getting crap service, same thing happened to me (ajusa.com) when I ordered my Borla exhaust. Took me 6 weeks to get it, and I think the only reason for that was threatening to get an attorney seeing as they hit my charge card the day I bought it a never shipped it. Finally got ahold of the VP and it was taken care of in like 2 days. Got free air shipping at least, but felt bad 2 guys got fired too,but they never even placed my order with Borla like they told me they had. Oh well, all good and I got my stuff. Thx again

Glad to here things worked out on your alignment also. Peace
Old April 20th, 2005, 07:54 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwAce

on a seperate note my car is acting all fed up too and all i have done is put on new rims and tires..steering off, car vibrating a little--can only be felt through steering wheel, and if u look at passenger seat that is shaking a little.
My guess is that your new rims & tires weren't balanced properly. Try the Hunter Road Force machine. It works 99% of the time and is WELL worth the money if a smooth, vibration-free ride is what you want.

http://www.hunter.com/pub/product/balancer/index.htm
Shumax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 20th, 2005, 08:09 PM   #29
indoctidiscant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shumax
My guess is that your new rims & tires weren't balanced properly. Try the Hunter Road Force machine. It works 99% of the time and is WELL worth the money if a smooth, vibration-free ride is what you want.

http://www.hunter.com/pub/product/balancer/index.htm
i did get a balancing done...its still fed up, starts vibrating at around 70 gets worse at 80 adn then goes away at 90...
Old April 20th, 2005, 08:10 PM   #30
ex scientia vera

Quote:
So you did get it done, that's good. Considering the amount of camber you had, I'm sure it feels much better now.
kramer2k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in