7th Gen Accord Coupe people.."serious" / technical discussion *SUSPENSION* - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD WHEELS, TIRES, & SUSPENSION DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 15th, 2005, 12:33 PM   #1
dude wtf??

Send a message via AIM to truth^
7th Gen Accord Coupe people.."serious" / technical discussion *SUSPENSION*

I'm going to sell my 02 AV6 soon (maybe in about a month?)

Hopefully get about 17 for it

And I'm going to pick up a 05 Accord Coupe LX 4cyl

Was set on silver (that's what my 02 AV6 is) but now I think I want some change and get the black instead

My plans are simple, drop, OEM kit, tint, and 19" black FF7s with the polished lip

I'll either smoke tint the pink strip on the tails or make 'em red

Anyway, let's talk about suspension

I noticed H&R has either become the opposite of heterosexual and made their Race springs to 2" front drop (it's usually 2.25") or they have a good reason for it

Went to Neuspeed website and they have race springs for the 03+ Coupe 4cyl
Race Springs - 2.25F / 1.75R
PN :. 55.20.52

H&R website and they show they only have the Race spring for the 2door V6
Race Spring 2 door, V6 2.0 1.7 51808-88

Anyone know why? Otherwise I'll send both an e-mail and ask..

Anyone know of any 7th gen coupes, either 4cyl or V6 with either of these race springs? With an OEM kit?

my theory on the H&R is if I get it for the V6, the springs are designed assuming the engine is V6, which is going to be heavier. Maybe that's why they made it 2.0?

But since mine is 4cyl..it might not lower it as much

It would be the opposite if you had a V6 and you got springs for a 4cyl..it would slam it a little more because of the heavier engine

05 LX 2dr 4cyl 3102lbs
05 LX 2dr V6 3285lbs

I want to get the Neuspeed Race with some Koni Yellows

I have a feeling the car will be so slammed it'll be almost dragging with the OEM kit on there

Also, for those with 19's on this car..or know about it. Can I get 40 series tires? 35 seems like it'd be a very bumpy ride, but I've heard of some cars rolling 19's with 35 series tires and the ride is nice because the suspension is nice, despite the 35 series tires

--

Other than that, I just have some other minor things I plan on doing..like blackhousing. Can someone post pics of blackhousings that don't have the corners completely blacked out? I've seen plenty of the ones where everything is blacked out except the headlights. Looks good, but I think it looks cleaner when the corner reflectors aren't blacked out, just the borders of it.

I'll probably run some 6k HID's, MAYBE 8k, and keep orange bulbs in the corners.

Inside I want to throw in some boom, I have a good system planned out from ikesound.com

That's about it. All show, no point in getting bolt-on's except for sound, which I don't really care about at this point.

If someone is getting rid of their intake or exhaust I might pick it up if I get a really good deal for it

--

I think that's about it for now. Questions, thoughts, concerns, post up!
truth^ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 15th, 2005, 04:01 PM   #2
dude wtf??

i guess my thread is too long and everyone has a.d.d or is just lazy, lol

anyway, i saw some pics, and s-tech/koni with oem kit looks really good

h&r sport/koni looks good too, but s-tech is a little lower it seems, so it would be a better option for me.

anyone have an oem kit and dropped on neuspeed race/koni?
Old April 15th, 2005, 04:59 PM   #3

I have the h&r springs on my accord ex 4cyl, black with the oem body kit, if you want i can post some pics for you to see how it looks, im using the sprot springs lowered 1.5 and the back is 1.3, im plaing on going with the koni yellows which will lower the car a little bit more, i know a member on here that has the same set up and after putting on the konis it lowred her car 3/4 of an inch more.
if you wanna run some 40 series tires you better go with 18 inch rims cause with a drop and the 19s it'll probally rub, i recomend 35 series with the 19s.
Go to this link you can see her car shes got H&R sport springs with koni shocks and 18s.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/sweet03accord
Deepa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old April 15th, 2005, 05:04 PM   #4
dude wtf??

oh i didn't know the driver was female. i've been pm'ing with her asking about suspension

that's not low enough for me. i mean, i guess i need closer pictures of the wheel gaps, but i want about .5 finger gap all the way around

maybe i should just get the h&r race, since that is 2.0 for the 7th gen, not 2.25 like the neuspeed with koni yellows and i'll get what i'm looking for.

how much of a drop are s-tech's? i saw pics of 2 silver 7th gen coupes with oem kit and on s-tech/koni and they look good, but again, no close pics of the wheels or a close side shot, not so far away
Old April 15th, 2005, 05:05 PM   #5
dude wtf??

oh and yeah, post pics of your car since i'm getting the same one, except in lx.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

selling my 02 av6, buying 05 coupe lx i4 in black; hopefully next month or so.
Old April 15th, 2005, 05:07 PM   #6
Rolling on 19's

Your kit will not drag with any of those setups. It looks like the avg drop on those is around 2". I got the Tein SS and have the kit, my car is practically slammed. Im sure its more than 3", i also have 19" rims. I only drag when the driveways are extremely steep. Now with 19" rims you will be fine with 35 tire. That is what I have and its really smooth, well that and I have my SS set on the smooth side. If you look for some of my pictures on here you can see my headlights which is what u are looking for from what I read.
00&03Accords is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 16th, 2005, 06:33 PM   #7

If you want to go lower id just go with ground contorl coilovers plus koni shocks, tien ss if you have the money, and you can adjust it to right were you want it. Ill get pics up as soon as i can get my digital camera back from my firend.
Deepa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 16th, 2005, 06:54 PM   #8

I believe the koni yellow are available with some height adjustment built in, in combination with those springs you listed, you should be able to get the drop you want. Not sure about performance differences though.

Do you really think you will get $17k for an 02 AV6? I'm curious what has been done to this car to make it worth ~$3-4k more then blue book.
truckin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 17th, 2005, 08:38 AM   #9

Look into the Nuesspeed /Koni setup combo, or like deepa said just get a set of coilover then you can do whatever you would like. But if you decide to go coilover just by the TEIN setup. By the time you buy Koni's, and GC stuff you can get an entire coilover setup for about the same money. If you not interested in dampering the TEIN basic setup is like $650 if you shop around. Koni's alone will be over 6 bills uinless you find a group buy. I saw a post stating TEIN basics were like $637 I think. The Koni that comes with that nuespeed/koni combo setup have 5 different perch settings not just 3 like if you buy just the Koni shocks.
As far as my ride goes I'll be loosing more of the wheel gap I have once I replace my crap Yoko's. I'm planning on going to 225/45/18 instead and that will have like no wheel gap at all. When I got my ride aligned yesterday they had a wheel with the correct size and put it on to see what it looked like. PERFECT, couldn't even put a pinky in between the wheel nd the fender I'm trying to get the gap to less then a 1/2 inch myself and once I get new tires it will be there. Right now I have right around 3/4. But the 45 series tire is 15/16 of an inch bigger in diameter then my current 40 series. Also it will make it closer to the stock tire diameter with the 45 series. Stock dia is 25.69 right now I'm at 25.09, the 45 series will take me to 25.96, hould be just waht I'm looking for How far do you want your car off the road? Oh and yes I have the OEM kit also. And by the way you were correct originally I am of male gender
sweet03accord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 17th, 2005, 03:10 PM   #10
dude wtf??

well i haven't seen any pics of a 7th gen coupe with oem kit and dropped on neuspeed race and koni yellows.

i've only seen h-tech and s-tech with koni's and h&r sports

koni's i'm estimating (rounded down) 500, and race springs for about 135. that's 635

last time i heard tein ss prices were down to like 900...have they come down more?

basically i just want a 0-1 finger gap all around.

the rims i want:

19x7.5" +45mm offset Motegi Racing FF7's. The bolt pattern is 5x100 and 5x114.3.

these fit the 7th gen coupe 4cyl right? since 4cyl's are now 5 lug

the tein basics...these are full coilovers? if so, what is the equivalent of the shocks..would it be like having non-adjustable shocks like tokico blues?

i'm hoping to get 17k for it. bluebook for my car is 16500

it's very well kept, maintained, has the following mods, but i'm offering the stock parts with it

aem v2
uR pulleys
comptech headers
greddy evo2
h&r race
tokico blues

i'll share some pics when i take 'em for my ads

i am SO excited for this car...
Old April 17th, 2005, 03:35 PM   #11

Just wondering do you have like 20k miles on your 02k accord? Im not sure how you are looking for 17k b/c I have a 03 Accord V6 coupe EX with 43k miles I dont think i can even get 15k for it.
TEK_03AV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 17th, 2005, 03:41 PM   #12

You'll be extremely lucky if you find Koni's for around $500, cheapest I've seen on a group buy is $525. And race spring will be closer to $200 at tirerack the want over $200 now for the H&R sport springs, if you have a place selling stuff that cheap post it plz, I'm sure alot of people will be interested. Right now AJUSA.com is $560 for the Koni's, cheaper then tirerack even. I couldn't say on the TEIN basic they just aren't damper adjustable, but they are full coilovers for height adjustment. What size tire due you want to put on that rims?
Old April 17th, 2005, 06:06 PM   #13
dude wtf??

i'm just going by kbb. and value for private party (NOT TRADE IN) for my car is 16500 so i'm just gonna try and get 17 for it

i said i rounded down, i understand koni's are around 525-550

all h&r sport and race springs i buy i always pay 125-135 through a friend. maybe they are more expensive for the 7th gen accords but i was buying them for 5th gen accords, 6th gen accords, 7th gen civics, etc.

not sure what tire size i want. how wide can i go? i'm just gonna buy my tires from discount tire. maybe they will pricematch the rims too.

i saw a lot of people are doing 235/35/19 .. that the common size?

if there is a huge difference in price between 225 and 235, then i will just get the 225. we'll see what discount tire says.
Old April 18th, 2005, 06:25 AM   #14

With 19's that seems to be the common size. I couldn't tell you on pricing difference between 235 & 225 tho, 19 is to big IMO so I never looked into any pricing in that size, plus living in IL with our garbage roads 35 series is to thin my rims would be bent in a matter of no time. If you can get springs for that great man, because as the steel prices have gone up over the past year everything is getting more expensive. Just to give you an idea I bought my H&R sports last summer from tirerack I paid $156. Yesterday they are selling for $219. It's ridiculious, altho the Koni's are coming down in price from what I see. Bang for buck I'd go with the Tein basics. If I had to do it all over again I would have gone that route. But seeing as I already had spring I decided to get the Koni's to match them up together. Oh yea, I can tell you this tho, if you were to go with the H&R sport springs along with Koni's set on the lowest perch you would have about a 1/2 inch gap. Reason being is the 235/35/19 tires outside diameter is about a 1/2 bigger then my 225/40/18 with would make the gap smaller then what I have a the moment. And right now I have about 3/4 of an inch gap on all four corners. If the gap really matters that much to you your best bet is going to be getting coilovers, otherwise you'll be stuck with what you get with a spring and shock setup, and no adjustment. It wasn't that big of an issue for me I just wanted the car dropped to a certain point and it turned out good for me, IMO. Peace
Old April 18th, 2005, 10:16 AM   #15
dude wtf??

well the gap doesn't mean THAT much to me, i was just trying to illustrate the type of drop i'm looking for--a pretty aggressive one.

so are you absolutely positive that if i went with h&r sports and koni, i'd have about .5" gap all around?

do you know someone with this setup?

what are the perches for on koni's. i heard koni said to not use the perches to lower the car. but what purpose do they have?

and i'm assuming you're talking about the regular koni's, not the neuspeed koni's, right?

so if there's going to be a .5" gap all around with h&r-sports/koni on 235/35/19, then what would happen if i went with h&r-race/koni or even neuspeed-race/koni? would i be into the wheelwell?e

selling my 02 av6, buying 05 coupe lx i4 in black; hopefully next month or so.
Old April 18th, 2005, 12:06 PM   #16

Did you specifically ask Koni that? I haven't heard that what so ever. I think I'm going to send them an e-mail to find out, because that would make no sense. Why make something that states it can be adjusted for height and then say not to set them there. Also I couldn't postiively because every spring is going to settle a bit different. Plus if I recall you were going to get a 4 cyclinder, correct. If so the car is lighter so they may not settle as much as mine have. That's why my suggestion is just get coilovers then you can do what you wish.
All I can say is mine is a pretty aggresive look compared to OEM setup that is for sure, it's come down over 2 inches. I get so many people say man is that low. Also seeing as you are going with bigger wheels that makes it hard to say also. You could send Deepa a PM and ask him. I know he was planning on 19's with H&R sprot springs on the Koni's not sure if he's gotten them yet and if there are installed tho. You are correct just the Koni yellows. As for you last question my gues would be that they would be in the wheel well, but again it's to hard to say.
Old April 18th, 2005, 12:20 PM   #17
dude wtf??

there seriously has to be ONE 7th gen coupe on 19's, oem kit, dropped on neuspeed-race/koni

lol..i just need to find this person
Old April 18th, 2005, 12:21 PM   #18
dude wtf??

screw it, i'll just do it and let you guys know how it goes.
Old April 18th, 2005, 02:28 PM   #19

Good luck to ya. hopefully everything will turn like you want it to.
Old April 18th, 2005, 02:30 PM   #20
dude wtf??

thanks, i'm e-mailing with neuspeed and koni. neuspeed told me to call their sales staff and ask if my plan will work
Old April 20th, 2005, 11:57 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth^
there seriously has to be ONE 7th gen coupe on 19's, oem kit, dropped on neuspeed-race/koni

lol..i just need to find this person
Here check this link http://www.v6performance.net/forums/...3&goto=newpost this guy azn8pie has the springs and shock setup ur looking for. I belive he has pics of the ride in the coupe pic thread on page 19 or 20. Hope this help you out or try a PM to him if need be. Peace
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in