Its been a long time coming, but have a few questions for you people with dropped car - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD WHEELS, TIRES, & SUSPENSION DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 16th, 2005, 03:06 PM   #1

Its been a long time coming, but have a few questions for you people with dropped car

Hey its been a while since I been on here, but I lost my old sn and password so I made up a new one. I haven't done much to my car except for 20% tints, Injen SR intake, oem kit, Nuespeed Strut Bar, 1.8" eibach sportline drop, 2 10" mtx 8000 subs with kicker kx 500.2, and 19" Axis TC-EVOs, and I just installed my SPC rear camber kit today. The thing is , after I got my camber kit installed, I took it to go get aligned and they aligned the back on factory settings which is at -1 degrees. But it was still noticable that my camber was still messed up so i told them to adjust it to positive .8 degrees and it looked straight. I want to know how much you guys adjusted the camber to because factory settings doesn't work. Im not even sure what I have is right, but I just told them to get close to what they think is right. I really need some feedback because Im on my second set of 19s for the first year because my first set got F'ed up from bad camber and all my tires sidewall got ripped. I know some of you guys have to be dropped on the Eibach Sportlines so give me the feedback I really need it.

Last edited by TEK_03AV6; April 16th, 2005 at 03:18 PM..
TEK_03AV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 16th, 2005, 11:42 PM   #2
I AM LOST....

Send a message via AIM to brex
mine are tuned to within factory spec.. no problem there..

however, -1? that doesn't sounds right..
brex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 17th, 2005, 01:20 AM   #3

What kinda springs do you have and what is your camber set at.
I need to know soon so i can take it back to them incase its off.

Old April 17th, 2005, 03:00 AM   #4
I AM LOST....

Send a message via AIM to brex
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEK_03AV6
What kinda springs do you have and what is your camber set at.
I need to know soon so i can take it back to them incase its off.
i am on tein ssp.. sorry, its being awhile since last time i drive my car, let along alignment.. so don't really remember..
brex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 17th, 2005, 08:06 AM   #5

I just took mine in for an alignment after putting on my Koni's w/H&R sport spring, mind you I have the Koni's set on the lowest perch. I need to get a camber kit myself not to worried atm tho seeing as I hate my tires and could careless if they get smoked. As for camber setting specs -.8 to +.8 degrees for the front. As for the rear they range from -1.5 to -.5 degrees. They told me my front was fine but in the back I'm out by a min of -.6 degrees, it's sitting at -2.1 & -2.2 as of today. So I guess I've got to go and grab a camber kit. To anyone who knows what is the better of the camber kits out for our cars? And where is the best place to buy them from? Thanks for the input
sweet03accord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 17th, 2005, 08:09 AM   #6

Just noticed if you are at +.8 you are out of spec now. From my understanding there is a slight / \ that they should be sitting at. That is why stock spec range in the negative range.
Old April 17th, 2005, 10:19 AM   #7

Yea but sittin gat negative camber is wearing my tires like crazy. My toyos didn't even last a year all of them got riped inside where it was wearing out. Our Coupes V6 have a factoring setting of -1 degrees in the back and it looks ok stock, but after you drop it -1 looks really back and the tire is leaning. positive .8 looks alot better then -1. The fronts are ok btw its the backs that have this problem.
Old April 17th, 2005, 10:22 AM   #8

Its leaning outwards when its sitting at factory specs, but looks straight when im at .8
Old April 17th, 2005, 12:23 PM   #9

That doesn't make sense. How can they be leaning outward at stock even tho it is lowered. When we drop our cars they lean in more making the camber more negative. you'd still be at a negative setting with stock specs so they would be leaning / \ (inward still) no matter what, not outward (unless you mean the tire on the pavement is outward). I'll agree with the +.8 being more straight that makes total sense, but leaning in a bit (/ \) isn't going to wear your tires that fast. The toe being off will make them wear faster unless you do a lot of hard cornering. I've had my crappy Yoko's for a year and they aren't worn that bad. I was at -1.5 last year with my H&R's on stock shocks, but now that I put the Koni's on, put on the lowest perch (another 3/4" drop) they are sitting at -2.1 so now I definitely need the camber kit. Yea I know I should have gotten the camber before hand but I didn't plan on the guy setting the Koni's on the lowest perch, but I like the look better now anyways so I'll just put a camber kit on next week to get the camber back where it should be.
Old April 17th, 2005, 12:38 PM   #10

I was set at -1 before when i got my car droped, and believe me, my toyos lasted less then a year and it wore fast as hell inside. Started to rip the side wall and everything. Trust me it wears really fast I wish I could show you what my old set of 19s looked like...but it was really bad inside wear. The other side was pretty good though. Im trying to contact Eibach about it and see if they can tell me what to set my camber at after that drop.
Old April 17th, 2005, 04:06 PM   #11

That is really odd bud, no clue. I guess time will tell for me I plan on getting a camber kit this next week and then take it back and get the alignment done again. Then I'll see how mine are sitting. What size tires ( 225, 235...)do you have? I've got 225 and it doesn't seem to be riding on the inside wall even being out like I am at the moment ( @ -2.1). Maybe that is why it looks like it's leaning more so if you have bigger / wider tires. Also from what I've heard a while back Toyos seem to wear pretty fast, which will just compound your problem I would guess. I feel for ya tho, I hate the road noise I have and just can't justify replacing them with 70 - 80% tread left, at least not for what tires cost in these sizes. It'll make you go broke. I'll ask my buddy at the honda dealer if you could have any problems down the road having you camber set like you do, just for your refence. But I'd hate to see you eating up tires that much. Peace
Old April 17th, 2005, 05:09 PM   #12

My first set was 225 now My new set of wheels are 235. 225 wont last to long on most 19s b/c they are to thin and the sidewalls wont hold up especially with bad camber. Thats exactly what happened to me.
Old April 18th, 2005, 06:42 AM   #13

That makes sense specially seeing as you are running 19's. I'm on 18's so the OD of the tire is a bit smaller for me then your 19's would be. That would definitely tare up the inside of the tire.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in