Wheelgaps - 18x8.5, Eibach Sportlines....ugh.. - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD WHEELS, TIRES, & SUSPENSION DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 18th, 2005, 10:46 AM   #1

Wheelgaps - 18x8.5, Eibach Sportlines....ugh..

Hey everyone,

I've had rims and my eibach sportlines for about 7 months now and for some reason, the front is really annoying me. I have a wheelgap of about 3 fingers on the front with barely 1 finger wheelgap in the back. From the front, it looks like I have 17" rims when I have 18x8.5's. I know the Sportline was the more aggressive drop (that's why I chose that over the pro-kit), but for some reason, it still has a huge wheelgap in the front only. I looked through so many galleries on this forum last night and everyone has a nice drop with just a little wheelgap. Why is my wheelgap so much?

Any help, comments, or suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!
lawwoo11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 18th, 2005, 11:09 AM   #2
JB4 e92

I had the same problem with my car until I got coilovers.

Do you have a system?
clean2draccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 18th, 2005, 11:13 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by clean2draccord
I had the same problem with my car until I got coilovers.

Do you have a system?
Nope...everything else is pretty much stock. Just some 18"x8.5's and Eibach Sportlines. Shrugs.....

So should I go with Tein Basic or Ground Controls? Is it true that if I get Ground Controls, I'm going to have to get new shocks? Koni?

Thanks,

lawwoo11

Old April 18th, 2005, 12:42 PM   #4

Send a message via AIM to accord03
eibach claims to have the even drop...even tho it doesnt look like it....and it doesnt look like it cause the wheel well on the front and the rear are not the same...the front is a bigger wheel well than the rear...hencing the more lowering in the rear. but in all it suppose to have the even drop....try measuring the clearnce of the side skirts....the front and the rear. it should be about the same. but yeah alotta people dis like the prokits and other springs becuase of this matter.

yes ground controls will require new shocks...koni or i think eibach has released a set....but if u want a good ride with adjustablity..get the basics....if u want a more harsh and stiffer set go with tein ss or ground control with koni yellow.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hello Prius.

old sn: AwSoMNaMjA
accord03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 18th, 2005, 12:57 PM   #5
CeRtiFiEd PimP

what i did was got neuspeed race and neuspeed sport springs.... sport for the back which is 1" drop...and front is race springs which is 2.25"
03c0upe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 18th, 2005, 03:57 PM   #6

Send a message via AIM to accord03
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03c0upe
what i did was got neuspeed race and neuspeed sport springs.... sport for the back which is 1" drop...and front is race springs which is 2.25"

but that means u have to buy double the parts. with that amount of money u could have gotten ground controls. but yeah its good thinking tho....i kno some people kno use different springs on their ride...just to get a more better spring rate. ei...they like it stiffer in the front than the rear, buying diffferent brands to make it work.
accord03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 19th, 2005, 02:47 PM   #7
CeRtiFiEd PimP

i bought the springs locally and i asked the guy at store if i mix them up...he said no...i bought them anyways and i called up neuspeed and talked to them..so i traded my rear springs for sport springs...all i paid was s/h
Old April 19th, 2005, 02:50 PM   #8

Quote:
i bought the springs locally and i asked the guy at store if i mix them up...he said no...i bought them anyways and i called up neuspeed and talked to them..so i traded my rear springs for sport springs...all i paid was s/h

Hmm...not a bad idea. Do you have any pictures of your ride? For some strange reason, that wheel gap just bothers me so much. I'm not even sure if getting bigger rims will fill that gap. thanks for your input!
Old April 19th, 2005, 09:38 PM   #9
CeRtiFiEd PimP

here u go. keep in mind i got a system in tha back..fukn heavy box

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/506033
Old May 12th, 2005, 08:03 PM   #10

Quote:
here u go. keep in mind i got a system in tha back..fukn heavy box

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/506033

yeah our front fender is cut too fkn high. I just installed tein ss and adjusted the height like a normal coil spring drop, you know little lower in the front compared to the back. the back is really tucked at 1 1/4 inches lower on the tein measurement , almost too much. I dropped the front 1 5/8 wich is like a quarter inch away from 2 inches and i still have a huge ugly gap. I m hesitant to go lower though. Im on the stock 17s I think they are rated for over 3 inches of drop but that not useable on the street. anyone with tein ss? how much drop all around?

Peace
dt350 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in