H.Tech, Koni Sport and TL Sway - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD WHEELS, TIRES, & SUSPENSION DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 19th, 2005, 01:49 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to jadedx2
H.Tech, Koni Sport and TL Sway

Everything finally arrived and I am starting my install whenever I wake up tomorrow . . . anything out of the norm I should expect?

The Best
jadedx2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 19th, 2005, 02:07 PM   #2

cant wait for pics! what perch u setting it to? im still waiting for my $525 koni GB to end, its taking forever!
Raddy21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 20th, 2005, 06:46 AM   #3
ex scientia vera

With all of that being installed at once, it's going to feel like driving a different car!
kramer2k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old April 22nd, 2005, 11:17 PM   #4

Due to work being so hectic I've only installed the H.Tech/KoniSports on the front. Aesthetically it has a very nice look. The gap in the front is a little less than the rear. Hopefully in a few days time I shall have the rear taken care of. I also installed O.E.M. foglamps (genuine . . .Thanks Hardtopguy). Has anyone tried to paint the shroud around the lense? I looked to see if you can purchase this part separately if the paint work doesn't come out as planned, but its only available as the foglamp assembly. Just wondering if anyone else has considered this.
Old April 23rd, 2005, 01:52 PM   #5

I'll check into if you can get just the shroud for ya. I've got a friend at a dealer he may be able to get the part number for you, I had a cracked lense on mine and was told you need to buy the entire kit, and he found the part numbers of just the lense for me, outrageuos price tho for just the lense, so I can't emagine that it wold be to cheap ven tho it's just a pc of plastic. Was going to be like $130.00 just for the 1 pc of glass. If it works out I'll end up doing the same, post some pics if you do decied to do it. It would look much nicer I think.
sweet03accord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 24th, 2005, 11:02 AM   #6

Six months checking the forums and I've finally decided to join....

I'm sitting on four Koni Sports and a set of H-techs for my coupe, and also an Ingalls kit. Haven't had a chance to install anything, but I'm going to give it a go next weekend.

I did notice that the spring perch for the front shocks seems a little small. It's definitely smaller than the perch on the oem absorber. Jaded - did you notice the same when you did your install?
LordDSJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 24th, 2005, 03:43 PM   #7
indoctidiscant

Send a message via AIM to OwAce
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordDSJ

I'm sitting on four Koni Sports and a set of H-techs for my coupe, and also an Ingalls kit. Haven't had a chance to install anything, but I'm going to give it a go next weekend.

I did notice that the spring perch for the front shocks seems a little small. It's definitely smaller than the perch on the oem absorber. Jaded - did you notice the same when you did your install?
welcome. and now for business..WE NEED PICS of the koni sports with htechs.

hehehe let us know what perch you decide as well.
OwAce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 24th, 2005, 03:59 PM   #8
ex scientia vera

Quote:

Definitely welcome man...and oh yeah, we do have plenty of pic whores around here. *cough* OwAce *cough*

Please post pics.
Old April 24th, 2005, 04:19 PM   #9
indoctidiscant

hhahahhahaha...

i need to determine how htechs look on konis..since i still havent decided on a spring as yet to mate with the konis.
Old April 24th, 2005, 04:21 PM   #10
ex scientia vera

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwAce
hhahahhahaha...

i need to determine how htechs look on konis..since i still havent decided on a spring as yet to mate with the konis.
I was just kidding man. I'd love to see how it looks myself.
Old April 24th, 2005, 04:28 PM   #11

Quote:
hhahahhahaha...

me too even tho i have the S techs already here but they are not going to be installed until my koni's come, and driving practically slammed in downtown D.C. has me kind of worried but, perhaps the H techs w/ Konis can give me the precise drop im lookin for, but i just need to see some pix to decide.
Raddy21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 24th, 2005, 05:08 PM   #12
indoctidiscant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramer2k
I was just kidding man. I'd love to see how it looks myself.
lol i know man you was kidding. v6p love here. just having some fun.
wtf cant we all live close to each other. i say all of us have like a whole weekend long v6p retreat in the middle of the US. so that we can do all the stupid **** we like with no cops anywhere.
Old April 24th, 2005, 05:20 PM   #13
ex scientia vera

Quote:
lol i know man you was kidding. v6p love here. just having some fun.
wtf cant we all live close to each other. i say all of us have like a whole weekend long v6p retreat in the middle of the US. so that we can do all the stupid **** we like with no cops anywhere.
Ahhh OK, you can't tell sometimes. Damn sarcasm, it's a bltch on the internet! Yeah, I thought we were cool.
Old April 25th, 2005, 12:42 PM   #14

Quote:

It seemed to be an adequate seat for the shock. I kept the perch on the highest setting so as to avoid problems, and the car is plenty low for me. Pictures might take a while. I finally got around to replacing my old digital cam, so it should be here in a few days. I'm looking at Thursday to finish the rear and install the sway. I'd be more than happy to post a few pics when the cam arrives.

The Best
Old April 29th, 2005, 09:21 PM   #15

Ok, the fronts are in. Took about four hours, mostly because my garage is about three feet wide. The dust boot needed a slight modification to fit over the Koni shaft, but the rest was easy. I'm going to take care of the back tomorrow. I'll put the Ingalls links in while everything is apart.

The drop is, imo, perfect. I used the upper mount and took about 1.5 inches off the height. Took the car for a quick spin around the block with the Koni's at the softest setting - felt like the stock setup, so I'll probably crank up the firmness.

Once everything is done, I'll post some pics.
Old April 29th, 2005, 10:28 PM   #16

Installed my rears on Thursday. Nice look, I agree with LORDDSJ about the drop. Its not too extreme to where its not drivable, and defintely lessens that awful stock gap. I am going to wait until this upcoming Thursday to install the TL sway. Want to make sure everything is tight before starting something new. Still waiting on my camera, but mad love for Butterflyphoto.com Great Prices and customer service as well. The guy called and let me know my item was ready for shipping. Class act.
Old May 1st, 2005, 07:53 PM   #17

Finally, everything is in. I found the back to be more difficult than the front, but I did put the Ingalls links in at the same time. My advice? Do not do this in a one-car garage.

I went with the higher perch setting on the front, and the middle setting on the rear (comparable to the front setting - the rears have a third setting well above the others - maybe for that "jacked-up" look?)...again, the drop is perfect. Two finger gap all around, maybe a little tighter in the back. I've read a lot of talk on these boards about waiting up to six weeks for the springs to settle, but I just don't see how much lower the car will go. I'm going to get an alignment before the end of the week. Camber is visibly off.

Once that's accomplished (and the car is cleaned up) I WILL post some pics.

Oh, almost forgot.....driving impressions!
I set the firmness at 50% of maximum on all four corners. Ride quality is slightly firmer, of course, but completely liveable. The car stays flat in the corners, but still feels a little soft in lane changes. I'm still running the original Michelin Pilot all-seasons, one of the worst tires I've ever driven on. My Dunlap Wintersports are better on dry pavement than than the oem rubber. So, I'm sure better shoes will make a huge difference......
Old May 3rd, 2005, 11:42 AM   #18

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/756245/2

here are a few pics as promised. The one pic showing the camber looks way worse on the picture than it does in person.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in