do i need it again HELP - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD WHEELS, TIRES, & SUSPENSION DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 21st, 2005, 07:09 PM   #1

do i need it again HELP

My car is 04 coupe V6 lowered on tein basic with about half a finger gap on each corner. I just had my car aligned last week, i need to lower the back about half an INCH more about a finger, do i need to have another alignment? I have ingalls rear camber kit, right now the camber is set to 1.20 degree L/R after alignment.

Now after i lower the back more,will that small amount drop set the camber, toe, caster off a lot from the setting i have now????

Reason im lowering the back more is because of bad handling, i actually lowered the front more than the rear.
Igotvtec04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 21st, 2005, 07:21 PM   #2
indoctidiscant

Send a message via AIM to OwAce
ok from my recent 1 hour talk with an alignment, suspension and wheel balancing guy

you should get an alignment once a year. your camber and toe will always be off whenever you adjust ur suspension height, be it .2 inches or 2 inches. its just the degree to which you do it.

if i were you i would get the alignment done when lowering your rear.

btw how much did u lower the front and the rear? just for ppl so that we know not to make the same mistake.
OwAce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 21st, 2005, 08:47 PM   #3

im not sure how much, half finger front and same in the back.

thanx but that didnt really answer my question,
Right now my rear camber is set to -1.20 degree L/R withhalf a finger gap drop, if i drop it half an inch more will it set the camber off a lot for me to REALLY need to get another alignment?
Igotvtec04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old April 21st, 2005, 09:15 PM   #4
indoctidiscant

Send a message via AIM to OwAce
yes in my opinion it will. so im guessin you dropped the front 1" more than the rear if the gap is even all the way around the car.
OwAce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 21st, 2005, 10:23 PM   #5
constantly in pursuit

Send a message via AIM to hammer03
wait a minute, i think i missed something. are you supposed to be running more than a degree negative? i thought within +- 1 degree of 0 was stock. but really, dropping your car another half inch is probably not going to change the camber that much. HFP drops over an inch, and you dont really need a camber kit when you slap that on. plus, if you're droppping to improve handling, maybe you'll like another quarter of degree of negative camber. But i dont think it will affect your tire wear all that significantly, just for a 1/2 inch drop.
hammer03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 21st, 2005, 11:19 PM   #6
The Poker KING

Send a message via AIM to LIL TANE
half an inch on the rear is a lot, I think it will.

my H-Techs lowers the back 0.7 and my camber was all outta wack
LIL TANE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 22nd, 2005, 12:11 AM   #7
constantly in pursuit

Send a message via AIM to hammer03
Art dropped on the HFP, pretty decent drop, I think he got his checked, but he decided against a camber kit anyway...
hammer03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 22nd, 2005, 04:03 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer03
Art dropped on the HFP, pretty decent drop, I think he got his checked, but he decided against a camber kit anyway...
i dropped mine with h-techs and also decided against the camber kit
rd6spd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 22nd, 2005, 04:50 PM   #9

Bottom line is you'll need to get another alignment. I was told every 1/4 inch drop moves your camber once you have dropped it over an inch. I'd even disagree with that, any drop on our cars changes the camber big time for some reason and only in the rear for what it's worth. I've got mine drop 2"+ and the camber was at -2.1, but the front is within spec, doesn't make sense but it is what it is. The HFP drop is really not that much of a drop only 1 inch. Plus if you got your HFP installed at a dealer they use a different chart for setting your camber. Honda has a sport suspension camber setting which is different then the stock setting. Spec for stock is -1.5 to -.5. With the HFP they set it like at -2 degrees +/- 20mins I believe. To answer your question speaking from experience I just had Koni's installed with my H&R sport springs. The H&R's were originally on the stock shocks and the camber was in spec but at the max -1.5, the guy who installed the new shocks moved them to the lower perch which dropped the car another 1/2 inch and my camber went out to the -2.1 like I stated earlier. Good luck to ya, it's all a matter of opinion on the camber setting and if you want to eat up tires or not, my opinion spend the small amount of money so your not spending tall cash replacing tires. Peace
sweet03accord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in