Brembo vs Racing Brake Rotors - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD WHEELS, TIRES, & SUSPENSION DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 22nd, 2005, 04:23 AM   #1

Brembo vs Racing Brake Rotors

oks, anyone experience both? I'm in the market for new rotors, crossdrilled/slotted. my main question is: Which one has better stopping power? just rotors.

Brembo is cheaper than the Racing Brake, so if they are both equivalent, brembo most likely. I'm only interesting in braking distance, not corrosion/cosmetics. Anyone know, tough question since u would have needed to experience both. not sure if i can get a straight answer. My guess is they both are pretty much equivalent, give or take a couple inches...correct me if i'm wrong.
$ilverbullet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 22nd, 2005, 01:39 PM   #2
I feel da need 4 6-speeds

Send a message via ICQ to flyvtec Send a message via AIM to flyvtec Send a message via Yahoo to flyvtec
Correct me if I'm wrong...but wouldn't you have to factor in tires to the equation of better stopping power?

You know that I have the Brembo cross drilled/slotted and other than the funky azz corrosion problem I have with them, they definitely work pretty good with the ceramic pads and Kumho KH11s that I have. I did notice a tiny bit of fade the other night when I was racing an Audi A4 1.8T. We were racing at night on about a 4-mile course on a good stretch of road in my hood with 5 stop lights (we hit red each light). We hit speeds probably around 60-80 before we shut it down each time. From the 4th to the 5th stop light...about an 1/8th of a mile...I was hauling azz getting ready to fly past 80 when the light turned yellow about 80 yards away...so I stepped on the brake to slow down and that's when I noticed a little bit of fade when I had to press on the brake a little harder. But I stopped at the light just before it turned red with no shuddering or anything, while the Audi ran the red light!

I've been reading up some more on ceramic pads too and I'm finding out that the dustier a brake pad gets the better stopping power it has. Ceramic pads do not necessarily provide better stopping distances than organic or composite brake pads. The main advantage that ceramic pads have over other pads is less dust and squeeking.

Sorry for the long post...but since that corrosion problem on my Brembos, I've been thinking about getting another set of rotors that have anti-corrosion qualities. The only reason why I got the Brembos is that they look badazz plus I've read that slotted, cross-drilled offer the best stopping power if you don't use them on the race track.

I'm going to try and get the corroded part of the front rotors painted this weekend and if I like how it turns out then I'll stick with them!
flyvtec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 22nd, 2005, 01:55 PM   #3
I Jumped Off Da Bandwagon

I have the Brembo cross drilled/slotted rotors with Satisfied ceramic pads(Tirerack)for the front and the Racing Brake(waiting UPS) with Ceramicool pads for the rear. I will paint my Brembos to get rid of the corrosion. The tires i got are Toyo Proxes 4. I will have a review once i receive the RB rotors and install the setup.
Hongda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old April 22nd, 2005, 02:22 PM   #4

tires are a factor for sure, but for purchasing stopping power, i will be upgrading wheels too, just for the ROTORs, i want to just focus on that variable and see which rotor is better. Also gotta factor in pads etc... but as again i will consider those also, as of now, i'm excluding all those variables in my decision to which rotor to choose since i will be upgrading pads/wheels probably the same time also. brembo's have more drilled holes, that's why i'm leaning towards them, plus they are much cheaper...the RACING BRAKES look good too, but i guess it's hard to find a comparison between the two unless u have driven both.
$ilverbullet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in