adding a coilover sleeve to tein htechs - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD WHEELS, TIRES, & SUSPENSION DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 27th, 2005, 03:49 PM   #1
indoctidiscant

Send a message via AIM to OwAce
adding a coilover sleeve to tein htechs

Do you guys see anything wrong with that idea? i was thinking of adding coilover sleeves to tein htechs mounted on koni yellow shocks?

The cheap ass coilovers you find on ebay, if i was to just jack the coilover sleeves from them and put them on the tein htechs, do you suppose that will work? Anything i might be missing here apart from maybe the quality of the sleeve?

let me know

thanks
OwAce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 28th, 2005, 08:20 AM   #2
indoctidiscant

anybody?
Old April 28th, 2005, 09:14 AM   #3

One problem is that with those cheap sleeve coilovers is that the sleeves might not fit right. Meaning that they might be there wrong diameter and could possibly shift on the strut.

With suspension mods you should spend alittle mod just because it will save you in the long run. Control arms, balljoints, etc will be an expensive pain later.
snipes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old April 28th, 2005, 09:53 AM   #4
indoctidiscant

in regards to the sleeve shifting, i see your point. so how is it different for a spring then? what do the springs sit on? that dont prevent them from moving around? im pretty lost, here wish i could just take apart a strut spring to see how to put it all together.
Old April 28th, 2005, 10:38 AM   #5

wouldn't the springs be specifically designed for that coilover system?
sonnieeeeboi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 28th, 2005, 01:24 PM   #6

Send a message via AIM to accord03
sleeves use shorter springs...so basically if u buy the sleeve....and then use ur h tehc...ur going to rasie ur car another 4 inchs....cause the spring on the h tech are only about .5 inch short, if that, then stock. where as the ground control springs were about 2-3 inchs shorter.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hello Prius.

old sn: AwSoMNaMjA
accord03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 28th, 2005, 01:46 PM   #7
indoctidiscant

Quote:
Originally Posted by accord03
sleeves use shorter springs...so basically if u buy the sleeve....and then use ur h tehc...ur going to rasie ur car another 4 inchs....cause the spring on the h tech are only about .5 inch short, if that, then stock. where as the ground control springs were about 2-3 inchs shorter.
hmm interesting so the sleeve sits exactly where the spring woudl sit on the shock? and the lowest setting is still where the normal htech spring would be?
Old April 28th, 2005, 02:03 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwAce
in regards to the sleeve shifting, i see your point. so how is it different for a spring then? what do the springs sit on? that dont prevent them from moving around? im pretty lost, here wish i could just take apart a strut spring to see how to put it all together.

The spring lengths are gauranted to be different.

Setup wise, you have a strut with a spring seat. With a coilover the sleeve fits over the strut and sits on the spring seat. Then the coilover has two perches, one on top of the other on the threaded sleeve. The top one is where the spring sits and the one below is used to lock the top one into place. The spring is then mounted on the perches.

For me I would just sell your lowering springs and buy Ground Controls, just my recommendation/opinion.

Hope that helps.
snipes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 28th, 2005, 02:08 PM   #9
indoctidiscant

that helps a lot. clears stuff up a lot as well. oh well so much for going with htechs in a custom coilover setup. anyone know where to get ground controls for cheap? the best i found was 380..thats a little high i feel. please let me know.

thanks'
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in