OFFICIAL 20" ACCORD WHEEL THREAD :D - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD WHEELS, TIRES, & SUSPENSION DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 1st, 2005, 01:03 AM   #1
Official V6P Retro Whore

Official 20" Accord Wheel Thread :d

I looked through the board many times and find there is really no specific catagory for people who want to throw on some nice 20's. I find 19's and a couple 20's, but nothing concrete enough for the person in the market for some BIG wheels Since our car is wanting higher offsets, limited this, limited that, I figured why not start a thread for wheels on the market that WILL fit our ride. I have had enough trouble trying to find wheels for our cars, and figured I'd save some headache for the new people looking to see what's out there.

Ok, here we go

First off, we have a Madio GR5
Specs:
20x8.5 also in 8.0
offset is +44
colors (Chrome, Silver)
(the only member I know is Sick6Speed [drew] who has these monsters

Here is the rims on his ride

Next up, we have Sporza Estrada
Specs:
20x8.5
offset +45
colors (Chrome, Black, Silver)

Chrome

Black

Next, Sporza Esquire
Specs:
20x8.5 or 8.0 or 7.5 (Wheels are custom made)
offset +45 or (any specified)
colors Chrome only.

Next, ACE Allure
Specs:
20x8.5
offset +43 (not sure)
colors Chrome, Silver.

Next, Zenetti Five
Specs:
20x8.5
offset (unknown, but site says it will fit)
colors Chrome, Black.

That's all I can think of now

Last edited by dreamer; May 1st, 2005 at 01:08 AM..
dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 1st, 2005, 05:44 AM   #2
ex scientia vera

The Sporza Esquire and the Zinetti Five are my favorites...
Man, those wheels are BIIIG! I'd like to see more 7th Gens with 20's.
They look real good with that size wheel, even though it kills some of the driveability.
kramer2k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 1st, 2005, 05:01 PM   #3

The first ones are sick, whats the price on them?
Deepa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old May 1st, 2005, 07:07 PM   #4

Just curious, but what's the reasoning behind getting 20"s on our Accords? Call me a wus, but wouldnt 20s be extreamly impracticle and prone to damage by road imperfections? I recently bought 19x8.0s for my 04 six speed coupe with 235/35-19 Toyo's and damn they are impracticle in my opinion. I LOVE the look and handling gains, but i'm finding myself swerving pretty aggresivly to avoid potholes.

With 20"s, you'd probably be limited to a 225/35-20 tire, which is pretty much too narrow for optimal performance, and probably too thin for a 8.5" wheel. Not only would you be hurting performance in terms of braking, acceleration, and handling, but you'd have to be damn careful with bumps.

I guess it's cool though to be able to tell everyone that you got DUBS though, but that's about the only advantage i'd see.

Maybe i'm getting too old...
Jon2002 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 1st, 2005, 08:50 PM   #5
Official V6P Retro Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon2002
Just curious, but what's the reasoning behind getting 20"s on our Accords? Call me a wus, but wouldnt 20s be extreamly impracticle and prone to damage by road imperfections? I recently bought 19x8.0s for my 04 six speed coupe with 235/35-19 Toyo's and damn they are impracticle in my opinion. I LOVE the look and handling gains, but i'm finding myself swerving pretty aggresivly to avoid potholes.

With 20"s, you'd probably be limited to a 225/35-20 tire, which is pretty much too narrow for optimal performance, and probably too thin for a 8.5" wheel. Not only would you be hurting performance in terms of braking, acceleration, and handling, but you'd have to be damn careful with bumps.

I guess it's cool though to be able to tell everyone that you got DUBS though, but that's about the only advantage i'd see.

Maybe i'm getting too old...
It all depends where you live. But then again, if you ask people like sick6speed (drew) he'll tell you differently. Its true you do have to watch the road a bit more, but if you get a decent wheel, they are pretty strong. As long as you don't hit a realllllly bad pothole. The Maido wheels I think are 3-piece and very strong.

Also, as for looks, 20s look MUCH better on the newer accords. I tried putting on 18s, 19s and they just were too small looking. With my older accord "01" I'd say 20's are a joke, but the newer wheel wells are huge.
Old May 1st, 2005, 08:54 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer
It all depends where you live. But then again, if you ask people like sick6speed (drew) he'll tell you differently. Its true you do have to watch the road a bit more, but if you get a decent wheel, they are pretty strong. As long as you don't hit a realllllly bad pothole. The Maido wheels I think are 3-piece and very strong.

Also, as for looks, 20s look MUCH better on the newer accords. I tried putting on 18s, 19s and they just were too small looking. With my older accord "01" I'd say 20's are a joke, but the newer wheel wells are huge.
Good points you made there...i live in Boston, which has some of the ****tiest roads on this plant, especially after our long winters. I guess this isnt nearly as much of an issue as it is for Californians.

What about the handling aspects of 20s? You're pretty much restricted to a 225 width tire i beleive?
Jon2002 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 1st, 2005, 09:08 PM   #7
Official V6P Retro Whore

Quote:
Good points you made there...i live in Boston, which has some of the ****tiest roads on this plant, especially after our long winters. I guess this isnt nearly as much of an issue as it is for Californians.

What about the handling aspects of 20s? You're pretty much restricted to a 225 width tire i beleive?
you know, I was talking to the guy who is getting my esquires made and he claimed we could fit a 235/35/20 on it. (i think that's the tire size). He also did mention a 225 would fit fine, (but was egging him on to the 235 ) I'll find out more in the next week or so. It's going to take 4 weeks to make the wheels to my specs. So, I'm going to find out what I can do to achieve a 235 fit.
Old May 1st, 2005, 11:11 PM   #8
THLA 2009 Bombsquad

Send a message via AIM to Dtownz Thrillah
20s are too big for me =P
Dtownz Thrillah is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 2nd, 2005, 12:39 AM   #9
Official V6P Retro Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownz Thrillah
20s are too big for me =P
you also have an older 'ccord
Old May 2nd, 2005, 06:21 AM   #10

235/35/20 is too big overall diameter. 235/35/19 is the perfect size for 19's so it would most likely have to be 235/30/20 for 20's.
lazybum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 2nd, 2005, 01:24 PM   #11

i want either 18 or 19 Ace Alloy Allure (Chrome) ... trying to find a good place to find them...no luck so far...any suggestions?
habibnazir is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 3rd, 2005, 02:45 AM   #12

Send a message via AIM to loxllxol
Maya STM
20x8
+47 offset rear
+41 offset front

**bigger lip in the rear

I'm posting these since the sizes for the TSX and accord are the same.

loxllxol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 3rd, 2005, 04:15 AM   #13
somethingJDM.com

Yea i have to say that having 20" makes it a lil harder to drive on Houston roads, but hey when u see people turn their head looking at your car. That makes it all up. I really donít drive on my hre anymore. The hre are mostly for shows. For the people who are thinking of getting 18". Donít do it just go ahead and get 19. I had 18 " on my car and it was just too small for me.

Here when i was on 18" Racing Hart C5

Now on DUBS

duRritztiNy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 3rd, 2005, 11:23 AM   #14

Send a message via AIM to loxllxol
Quote:
Originally Posted by duRritztiNy

Now on DUBS

Nice choice in rims! The workmanship on custom rims whether they're 20's or not is completely different from off the shelf rims. HRE's are definitely top notch. Got any full side shots?
loxllxol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 6th, 2005, 01:34 PM   #15
get'cha roll on...

Send a message via AIM to v6SicksSpeed
Quote:

I feel ya man- i live in the north end of boston and thats probably the only thing stopping me from getting 19's at this point... stupid city driving

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
v6SicksSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 7th, 2005, 04:02 PM   #16

im got 18z now .. but gettin 20s soon wanted to know if u had to do anything to ur car so they would fit or not rub ??? turly thinkin bout gettin spinners u make think its tastless but hell its my car
aznsouljaboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 7th, 2005, 08:38 PM   #17
Official V6P Retro Whore

spinners are so last year just get some nice rims
Old May 7th, 2005, 11:16 PM   #18
Old Member

Send a message via AIM to Du3ce
heres a 03 w/ 20's i found on cardomain http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/651491
Du3ce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 8th, 2005, 03:03 PM   #19

Quote:
+1
Sleestak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 8th, 2005, 08:14 PM   #20

Spinners on an Accord?? If so that wasn't last year or any year. Just don't do it
00Accord4cyl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 8th, 2005, 08:36 PM   #21
Official V6P Retro Whore

whoa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du3ce
heres a 03 w/ 20's i found on cardomain http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/651491

looks like a benz, nice nice. check out the phat lip too
Old May 12th, 2005, 07:23 PM   #22
CLEAN & SIMPLE

I Have a question to the honda family ............
Does this apply to 7 Gens only? For example can I put 20x 7.5 or 20x8.0 on the 6 Gen without getting any rub? Is this safe to say if I use the nitto 225-35-20 i should be o-kay. I'm not really into performance anyway I really like looks more.
lahondie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 12th, 2005, 09:28 PM   #23
get'cha roll on...

Send a message via AIM to v6SicksSpeed
Quote:
haha- if u had a g wagon id say get a sick set of floaters/antispinners/whateverthe****youwannacallthem rims where the "spinning" section is weighted down and doesnt move at all. with a flat background it looks like your rims arent moving at all on the highway. its a mad headtrip when one drives past you and it looks like the car is standing completely still floating on air. looks hot as **** on a truck but not for a honda

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
v6SicksSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 13th, 2005, 03:24 AM   #24
Official V6P Retro Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by lahondie
I Have a question to the honda family ............
Does this apply to 7 Gens only? For example can I put 20x 7.5 or 20x8.0 on the 6 Gen without getting any rub? Is this safe to say if I use the nitto 225-35-20 i should be o-kay. I'm not really into performance anyway I really like looks more.
This thread does not apply to the 6th gens. However, I think you can get away with a 7.5 or 8.0 but you might rub if the offset is too low. ie: +40 +38 +42 etc.. but the catch is get a 235 on a 19 wheel. Not only will you get style, but it'll fill up the wheel well and the tire would be awesome. 225 on 6thgen is
Old May 13th, 2005, 06:49 AM   #25
CLEAN & SIMPLE

Hey thanks,
I thought that 225 was good, do the 235 do a better job for traction or something? I only ask because this rim shop near me in (Chicago) has a new shippment of rims for 2005 and the rim is 20x7.5 and the offset is 45. sounded too good to be true. I just found out through the honda family that I could have been sittin on 19s instead of 18s all this time. However my heart has been set on 20s for the longest and even though its only one more inch over getting some19s I gotta have them in 20s. I could not find this rim on superbuytire.com but I will take pics and get the name once I go back to that rim shop.
lahondie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 13th, 2005, 08:08 AM   #26

What's wrong with a 225 on a 20x8? thats what I'm running on my 6Gen Accord. even though I have air ride, as long as I'm not riding all the way down it doesn't rub(not even when I turn). before I had the air ride on there I could lock the steering wheel down and still no rubbing. Another thing, if you want a 235 for "traction" purposes, you don't need a 20. a 20 will slow you down quite a bit. If you're going for performance go with a smaller and lighter rim!
v6 on 20s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 13th, 2005, 08:42 AM   #27

v6 on 20s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 13th, 2005, 12:58 PM   #28
Official V6P Retro Whore

^^^^ hotness
Old May 16th, 2005, 07:04 PM   #29

I'm rydin on 20x8.5 with a 245/35/20 tire The first 2 pics are the same size wheels and tires http://www.cardomain.com/id/03ondubs
03ondubs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 16th, 2005, 08:44 PM   #30
Official V6P Retro Whore

nice deep dish! how deep is that lip?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in