ground contorl coilover users - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD WHEELS, TIRES, & SUSPENSION DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 8th, 2005, 11:38 PM   #1

ground contorl coilover users

can anyone tell how they like or dont like there ground contorl coilovers? Ride quality, whats good and whats not good. Thanks
Deepa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 11th, 2005, 02:29 AM   #2

i have gc coilovers...dont know about everyone else but..i have had problems with them....one of my coils makes mad squeaky noises...ive alligned my car 3 times already...and 2 days ago i realized that both tires on my left side are about 35%(the two tires on the right side have about 75% tread). im about ready to get rid of em and get new springs.....u want mine....lol

I hear that you need to tighten coilovers every 3 months or so..even the popular teins need to be tightened every so often....thats coilovers for ya..

FYI...off topic...i found out why my rotors were warped....before washing your car..make sure that your rotors are cooled down...the heat mixed with the cold water causes them to warp.....i already resurfaced my rotors ..hope yall dont have to..
mofo. is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 11th, 2005, 03:01 AM   #3

Ride quality was like stock at first, but then i added the TL rear sway, and it got hella tight on bumps; maybe they just needed to be broken in, or something. Rides like stock on straight roads, but if u hit a bump, you'll feel it. I guess you could say that to any lowered car? Right now im looking at getting a front strut to tighen it up more. Taking canyon runs is still fun...
I dunno what happened to this guy above me, havent had any tire probs like that.. maybe his weren't tightened enough? or they were too high on one side than the other?
I did have his squeaking for a bit on the break in though... I just used some WD-40 on where the spring contacted the rubber... so I suppose this made it settle more and it stopped... havent heard anything since...
Dunno if you can really compare mine though since I have a Sedan..
I hopes this helps ya,
Jason
Blue2Jay20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old May 11th, 2005, 06:47 AM   #4
indoctidiscant

Send a message via AIM to OwAce
umm also you can custom tailor the spring rates for yourself if you buy them from GC direct. They will pretty much do any spring rate you want. They would even put in a progressive rate spring if you want (not recommended)
OwAce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 11th, 2005, 07:46 AM   #5
Banned

Send a message via AIM to 04phataccord
Ok to fix that squeak you have with the rubber do this, all the nissan guys do it.

That collar that goes around the shock so the seeve can fit on, well chuck it. What you do is take duct tape and yes tape it around the strut in the area that rubber thing went aroun the shaft of the strut. Get a new rool of tape cuz I almost used it all up after doing all four. To know when its good take the collar and slide it on. Make sure its tight. Slide it back off and if you want you can use glue, but I made mine so tight i needed a hammer to get it on the duct taped area. Once on you have no squeeks and it makes the car feel tighter imo.
04phataccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 11th, 2005, 02:14 PM   #6

im thinking about going with Tien Basics, GC seems to much of a hassle, AND DO YOU REALLY HAVE TO KEEP TIGHTING THEM?
Old May 11th, 2005, 02:53 PM   #7
Banned

Send a message via AIM to 04phataccord
i never had to...make sure them biatches are tight, but i did change height from winter to summer
04phataccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 11th, 2005, 03:56 PM   #8

nope, i havent had to ever tighen them, they've never gotten loose on me... I've just adjusted them like the guy above me, made it just a bit lower? then more lower til the ride was just right...
Jason
Blue2Jay20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 11th, 2005, 04:02 PM   #9

IN your guys opion what would you go with, the Ground Contorl or the Tien basics?
Old May 11th, 2005, 07:18 PM   #10
indoctidiscant

i would go with GC on Konis
million mile warranty. cant go wrong with that.
Old May 12th, 2005, 03:00 PM   #11

450+560= more then what i can buy the tien SS for though.
Old May 12th, 2005, 03:05 PM   #12
indoctidiscant

yeh tru, but still its the million mile warranty that you pay for. in the end and the fact that you can get custom spring rates.

if you dont care for the million mile warranty go with tein ss.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in