Anyone rubbing after dropping and getting a camber kit? - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD WHEELS, TIRES, & SUSPENSION DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 18th, 2005, 05:39 PM   #1

Anyone rubbing after dropping and getting a camber kit?

I have my 19s on my car with a eibach sportline drop. I also have my camber kit for the rear and have it adjusted. The thing is before the I adjusted the camber I had no rubbing issues, but now that I fixed my camber my rear rubs like crazy when i go over bumps and turns. I was wondering if I am the only one that is rubbing on 19s. Im thinking about either changing my springs to sportlines, or HFP or getting my fenders rolled for the rear. And also my drop for the back is 1.5 and 1.9 for the front, but my back is still lower...seems kind of odd to me.
TEK_03AV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 18th, 2005, 06:23 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEK_03AV6
I have my 19s on my car with a eibach sportline drop. I also have my camber kit for the rear and have it adjusted. The thing is before the I adjusted the camber I had no rubbing issues, but now that I fixed my camber my rear rubs like crazy when i go over bumps and turns. I was wondering if I am the only one that is rubbing on 19s. Im thinking about either changing my springs to sportlines, or HFP or getting my fenders rolled for the rear. And also my drop for the back is 1.5 and 1.9 for the front, but my back is still lower...seems kind of odd to me.
this is actually a normal thing. especially with the size rims you have. dont rush out and buy new springs though. this is probably what happened. you have a severe wheel angle with the drop without camber adjusted becasue the wheels are really toed out. this toe out makes the wheel move up and in towards the body of the car where there is space under the fender for your 19s to clear. once you adjust the the camber to have the wheel straight up and down, the top of the wheel is now really close to the bottom of the fender lip. it will also now move up more over bumps versus that up and in movement the wheel had when toed out. this will cause it to rub, especially with the plus three wheels. look into having the fenders rolled for less than 100 bucks.

i did a plus three on my corolla 14-17 and had the same problem.

the back will always look lower because the fenders are cut lower than the front.

sorry about my lack of proper camber language
dt350 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 18th, 2005, 10:22 PM   #3

The thing is the guy told me that he can roll my fenders for 50 bucks b/c I know the guy pretty well. He also told me that my paint my crack if he tries to roll it and if that happens its ognna cost me 350 because he will have to repaint the whole sides...
TEK_03AV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old May 18th, 2005, 10:33 PM   #4
06 Anthracite 6spd w/ NAV

Quote:
Originally Posted by dt350
this is actually a normal thing. especially with the size rims you have. dont rush out and buy new springs though. this is probably what happened. you have a severe wheel angle with the drop without camber adjusted becasue the wheels are really toed out. this toe out makes the wheel move up and in towards the body of the car where there is space under the fender for your 19s to clear. once you adjust the the camber to have the wheel straight up and down, the top of the wheel is now really close to the bottom of the fender lip. it will also now move up more over bumps versus that up and in movement the wheel had when toed out. this will cause it to rub, especially with the plus three wheels. look into having the fenders rolled for less than 100 bucks.

i did a plus three on my corolla 14-17 and had the same problem.

the back will always look lower because the fenders are cut lower than the front.

sorry about my lack of proper camber language

Great info. I beleive I'm gonna get mine rolled for sure now. Just in case anything wants to fudge up.
popimp781 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 19th, 2005, 04:06 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by popimp781
Great info. I beleive I'm gonna get mine rolled for sure now. Just in case anything wants to fudge up.

what kind of shop are you talking to, regular body shop or tuner/ mod shop. yes we do have paint de crap but it still may be possible to roll the fenders. maybe a local tuner shop has specific experience with this coupes fenders being rolled. not sure about our coupe but on my corolla i had a body shop grind down that inner fender lip till it cleared. rolling the fenders also depends on our fender lip area design. if it is folded sheet metal, it can be rolled. if it is bent in at a 90 degree angle and has little plastic clips in it to hold the inner fender well to the car, then it can only be filed down a little. in addition to body mods with my previous plus 3 rims, I had to go with low low low pros. also need to look at the offset on your 19s. that would probably be the easiest improvement (technically, not financailly). if your rims stick out too much, they may not have enough offset for our cars. the same wheel may be available with more offset. it is generally harder to fit big wheels so dont be discouraged.

Last edited by dt350; May 19th, 2005 at 04:12 AM.. Reason: more info
Old May 19th, 2005, 02:03 PM   #6

I am gonna have this tuner shop that my friend works at to do the rolling of the fender, or grinding if need be. I already got the wheels, i'm just waiting on the tein which should be in tomorrow, but i will drop the ride one way or the other to my satifaction. Like When I had component speakers installed they had to cut the original opening because the alpine type r's were way too big, but it was done easily. they could use the same thing to cut my door, on my fender it was very fast. lol I should have circuit city take car of my fenders.
Old May 19th, 2005, 04:21 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by popimp781
I am gonna have this tuner shop that my friend works at to do the rolling of the fender, or grinding if need be. I already got the wheels, i'm just waiting on the tein which should be in tomorrow, but i will drop the ride one way or the other to my satifaction. Like When I had component speakers installed they had to cut the original opening because the alpine type r's were way too big, but it was done easily. they could use the same thing to cut my door, on my fender it was very fast. lol I should have circuit city take car of my fenders.

ya have the head unit installer guy at circuit city do the fenders too
Old May 20th, 2005, 12:46 PM   #8

when you roll your fenders is when the paint cracks, whats best is to cut the fender from where it rubs and only from where it rubs and bend that part up. shouldnt be more then $50
Deepa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 22nd, 2005, 05:48 PM   #9

No rolled fenders needed on 19x8.5 rims

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in