Questions about springs/shocks on 7th Gen sedan... - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD WHEELS, TIRES, & SUSPENSION DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 19th, 2005, 02:33 PM   #1

Questions about springs/shocks on 7th Gen sedan...

Is anyone running HFP kit?

What's the drop like? Camber kit or major alignment needed?

I am thinking HFP, H&R OE springs or H&R Sport springs.

With sport springs do you need camber kit or major alignment?

How many people are running spings w/o struts, do you think they will bleed out the OEM struts?

Should I wait to do lowering till I up grade rims from 16" to 18", or does it not matter too much with alignment and all?

Thanks for the advice and info.
Accord_101 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 19th, 2005, 02:42 PM   #2
Your Mom Drives a Honda

Send a message via AIM to smokin6speed
alright here goes....i have had eibach sportlines on my coupe for about 12000 miles now...and on the factory shocks and the ride is just now starting to get worse...and my drop is much more than any of those you are talking about so i think you will be fine without getting new shocks....as for rims i lowered mine way before i got my rims...lowering was more cost effective at the time and it made a big difference and then i got the wheels about a month ago and didn't have any new alignment issues...there isnt really a right or wrong way to do it...just what you see fit to pay for at the time...if i had it to do over i would get the koni shocks with my springs and then get my wheels later...don't like wheels on our cars without lowering because even with 18" they still look skyjacked....if you want a good setup i would go with the koni shocks and the neuspeed sport springs....great look and great performance....just my .02 though....PM me if ya have any more questions

but this really would be more effective and appropriate in the suspension forum....

Last edited by smokin6speed; May 19th, 2005 at 03:16 PM..
smokin6speed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 19th, 2005, 03:31 PM   #3

Thanks, I didn't know there was a suspension forum.
Accord_101 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old May 22nd, 2005, 10:55 AM   #4

If you decide to go with H&R sports get shocks from the start. I had them on the stock shocks and one of the fronts blew out in like 6 weeks. Got it replace under warranty and it lasted 6 months and still good, have them in my garage & no clue why, then I decided to put the Koni's on about 2 months ago and what a difference. If you decide to replace the shocks later your just wasting money to have it all torn aparts again, if I had to do it all over I would just have done it all at once, but at the time of my springs purchase I couldn't get the shocks so I said screw it I wanted them. Bad choice at the time IMO, also they bounce a bit on the stock shocks, the H&R sports are stiffer then the OEM springs that is for sure.
If you go with the H&R w/Konis you will need the camber kit, it puts the rear tires way out of spec over -2.1. I put the Ingalls on seeing as you get toe & camber adjustment with those for the same price as SPC. SPC you only get camber if I recall correctly. Personally if it boils down to money and what you like, I'd go suspension first like Smokin said, putting bigger wheels on still looks funny with the car sitting jacked up so high with the stock suspension. Your ride would look nicer lowered with the stock wheels to start with, then down the road throw on some new rims&tires when $$$$ permit you to. If cash is no concern do it all at once.

btw; we are in the suspension forum
sweet03accord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in