Toe adjustment Q.??????? - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD WHEELS, TIRES, & SUSPENSION DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 21st, 2005, 04:38 PM   #1

Toe adjustment Q.???????

My steering wheel s off center to the left a bit, 1150 position, Dont wanna spend more money for an aignment cause i just had it a month ago, front wheels toe adjustment is that something i can do myself, can someone pls. tell me how?
Igotvtec04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 21st, 2005, 05:07 PM   #2
indoctidiscant

Send a message via AIM to OwAce
i dont know how to adjust toe, but ill say this, get it done asap..bad toe will rub your tires so bad they will be bald after a few thousand miles of driving..

its well worth the 100-200 dollars to get toe corrected. considering tires for our car run 400 at least.
OwAce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 21st, 2005, 07:38 PM   #3

thanx owAce, F !!! i guess i just have to get another alignment. What could possibly the reason my alignment is out of spec. after having an alignment done only a month ago? I sometimes hit small bumps, and dips is that enough to throw my alignment out of spec.??
My car is lowered on tein basic and is set on NO gaps F/R.
Igotvtec04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old May 21st, 2005, 08:59 PM   #4
indoctidiscant

Send a message via AIM to OwAce
if your last alignment was in perfect spec, what i would do is check up on your coils and check that the sleeve is locked down and hasnt moved at all.

what i would do is take it to a shop to have it looked at, see if they find anything wrong with it. hitting small bumps and stuff shouldnt mess it up that much.

whats the position of your steering wheel? i remember lil tane had a similar problem after getting htechs, also pm peteriap he seems to know a lot about camber kits, and may also be able to help you out with toe problems.
OwAce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 21st, 2005, 09:35 PM   #5

check your coils locking mech. then if you had it done at a shop, did it have a warranty? Maybe you can try that?
sonnieeeeboi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 21st, 2005, 11:10 PM   #6
mog

Didnt you say you didnt have the problem until you installed the TL wheels? That's likely the cause. Swap back to ur stock or watever you had before and see if problem is still there. Try retorquing the wheels or it could be a tire pull problem.
mog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 23rd, 2005, 03:08 PM   #7

FYI, the NTB stores here (Houston, TX) are doing a think where you can buy alignment packages in years, like 1, 2, 3 years worth of unlimited alignments, for $xxx. I bought a one year, and I forget how much it was, but it was less than the cost of two alignments at the regular price. So far I've been in like 4 times, damn those potholes.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in