Noisy Tires - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD WHEELS, TIRES, & SUSPENSION DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 23rd, 2005, 01:52 PM   #1

Noisy Tires

Here is my problem.
I bought 18 x 7.5 inch rims that I like but the rims came with Falken ZE512 (225 /40/ tires thate are pretty worn and only good for 1-2 thousand more miles. From what reviews say these are quiet tires but they are still to loud for me. If I buy new tires how much quieter will it get ?

Oh.....****.....I just went out to double check the tires and it looks like I have 2x 225/40/18 and 2 x 235/40/18. I guess next time should put on tires in the day time and double check sizes......

Any suggestions ? ? ? ? ? On what to do ? ? I currently have 235 on right side and 225 on left side.

Thanks
Rick
THERUIZFAMILY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 23rd, 2005, 02:01 PM   #2

I replaced my stock Michelins(got 60k out of them) this past Janurary with the same Falkens you have and noticed that they are noisy but only at low speeds under 30.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Spoiler, Splash guards, fenderliners, chrome tips, day/night mirror, 3M clear-film hood protectant, 35% llumar Tint, pinstripes? (came with it)
Brembo blank rotors with Napa Auto Premium Ceramix brake pads (stops better than stock brakes)
Blue03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 23rd, 2005, 02:08 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue03
I replaced my stock Michelins(got 60k out of them) this past Janurary with the same Falkens you have and noticed that they are noisy but only at low speeds under 30.
Same thing....alot of noise under 30 mph

Old May 23rd, 2005, 06:11 PM   #4

For a quiet summer tire I highly recommend Avon Tech M500. I replaced BFG Traction TA's with the Avon's and they are amazingly quiet. A very good blend of noise (or lack thereof), handling, price, and treadwear. They're available in 225/40/18 if I recall correctly.
jbbrann is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 23rd, 2005, 06:31 PM   #5
I feel da need 4 6-speeds

Send a message via ICQ to flyvtec Send a message via AIM to flyvtec Send a message via Yahoo to flyvtec
Read a lot of good reviews on the Avons...one thing about them is that they weigh 29-30 lbs per tire. So I wonder if the weight has an affect on how quiet the tires are. My Kumho KH11s weight 25lbs each and they are starting to get noisy with about 30% of thread life left. However...the KH11s were pretty quiet brand new.
flyvtec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 23rd, 2005, 07:12 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbbrann
For a quiet summer tire I highly recommend Avon Tech M500. I replaced BFG Traction TA's with the Avon's and they are amazingly quiet. A very good blend of noise (or lack thereof), handling, price, and treadwear. They're available in 225/40/18 if I recall correctly.
It looks like that will most likely be the ticket....I emailed tirerack see they wanted to give me and flytec a deal if we bout them but they said no....For now I'm going back to stock rims and tires until I make up my mind...or tirerack can give a deal. Unless I can find a deal on some.

Rick
Old May 23rd, 2005, 07:46 PM   #7
indoctidiscant

Send a message via AIM to OwAce
id agree with everything said about the avons..from being quiet to being heavy. they also very grippy and have a stiff sidewall.

good tires. i have the as550s.
OwAce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 24th, 2005, 08:38 AM   #8
Gotta proble

Send a message via AIM to 03whiteaccord
i have the BFgoodrcih g-force ta kdw-2 and everyone that seems them says there the best tires out right now, they are for sticking to the pavement but they are so noisy, i too want something that is a little bit quiter. but discount tire said that these are the best. so i guess im sticking with these for now
03whiteaccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 24th, 2005, 11:01 AM   #9

i had the falken ziex 512 on my 19's and they were noisy when you were slowing down.. most of my noise was around decelerating and between 15-20mph
lilazngrl4o8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 24th, 2005, 12:18 PM   #10
constantly in pursuit

Send a message via AIM to hammer03
I'd say put the thicker tires on the back at least until you get new ones. stop ridin around tilted! haha
hammer03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 24th, 2005, 01:11 PM   #11

I decided last night to return to OEM : (

Thanks everyone for your response : )

Rick
Old May 24th, 2005, 10:09 PM   #12

I think it's characteristic for low profile tires to be noisy. I have the Falken xiex 512s on my Mazda in the size 225/45-16s, and in comparison to the Dunlop Sport W10s, they are extreamly quiet.

I recently bought 19s for my Honda accord coupe in 235/35-19, and the first tires i had were the Toyo T1Ss. Awesome performing tire, but DAMN WERE THEY LOUD! I couldnt stand it. The handling was fantastic though. I wussed out and stepped down to the Toyo Proxes 4 in the same size, and they are far quieter, and smoother over bumps. However, the tires is still a little noisier than i'd like. Also handling response doesnt compare to the T1Ss. It's definetly noticable that i'm riding on a wide lor profile tires still, and you can still hear some low speed roaring, but as far as a wide 35 profile tire goes, i think it's as quiet as it gets.

If you're gonna have low profile tires, i think you're gonna have to deal with some tire noise unfortunetly.
Jon2002 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 25th, 2005, 12:04 AM   #13

I tend to agree.......... thats why I'm going down to 17".......and if that doesnt work out I might just stay with 16" OEM....I really hope I can find a good deal on some 17's.

Rick
Old May 27th, 2005, 08:02 PM   #14

Send a message via ICQ to flyvtec Send a message via AIM to flyvtec Send a message via Yahoo to flyvtec
Quote:
Originally Posted by THERUIZFAMILY
It looks like that will most likely be the ticket....I emailed tirerack see they wanted to give me and flytec a deal if we bout them but they said no....For now I'm going back to stock rims and tires until I make up my mind...or tirerack can give a deal. Unless I can find a deal on some.

Rick
Yo Rick...I went ahead and ordered the Avon Tech M550 A/S from Tire Rack. Came out to $513 including shipping.

Last edited by flyvtec; May 27th, 2005 at 11:47 PM..
Old May 28th, 2005, 02:17 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyvtec
Yo Rick...I went ahead and ordered the Avon Tech M550 A/S from Tire Rack. Came out to $513 including shipping.
What size did you get ? ? Cant remember if you have 17's or 18's

Rick

Last edited by THERUIZFAMILY; May 28th, 2005 at 05:44 PM..
Old May 30th, 2005, 08:35 PM   #16

I got 225/50/17. Do you wanna buy my Kumho KH11s? They are in pretty good shape. I'll give em to you for cheap. Let me know.
Old May 30th, 2005, 09:08 PM   #17

i love my falken 512's they grip really nice plus they are not noisy, not like my other pair of kumho kh11's.
redbadgev6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 30th, 2005, 09:11 PM   #18
THLA 2009 Bombsquad

Send a message via AIM to Dtownz Thrillah
lower profile tires are almost always noisier
Dtownz Thrillah is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 31st, 2005, 07:07 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyvtec
I got 225/50/17. Do you wanna buy my Kumho KH11s? They are in pretty good shape. I'll give em to you for cheap. Let me know.

I will be getting 17' when I sell the 18'. How are the Avon's ? Got them installed ?
Rick
Old May 31st, 2005, 11:16 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by THERUIZFAMILY
I will be getting 17' when I sell the 18'. How are the Avon's ? Got them installed ?
Rick
Not installed yet. Just got an email from Tire Rack that they shipped it today. So hope to have them installed by Saturday at the latest.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in