Alignment advice - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD WHEELS, TIRES, & SUSPENSION DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 25th, 2005, 09:01 AM   #1

Alignment advice

So I'm finally going to install my htechs this Friday (they've been sitting in my garage for 3 months or so) and run in an AutoX on Monday (memorial day). I'll also be installing the Ingalls camber kit.

Once the springs settle (2 weeks or so) I'm planning on taking the car in for an alignment, I drive my car pretty hard, even on the street and a couple AutoXers recommended an alignment with negative camber to get the best tire wear.

I was recommended -2 degrees front and -1 degree rear. Another recommendation was max negative camber front and .5 to .75 less in the rear. Is the front camber adjustable at all stock? I do not have a front camber kit so I don't know how adjustable the front is stock. I was told that the rear camber should definitely be less than the front camber for best results.

Any thoughts? Especially from AutoXers and people who like to drive hard on the street...
Captal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 25th, 2005, 10:24 AM   #2
Your Mom Drives a Honda

Send a message via AIM to smokin6speed
well if your install is gonna be anything like mine your alignment is going to be screwed up like crazy after ur spring install...IMO i would get it aligned right after install...after i put my eibachs on i could barely keep my car on the road until i got it aligned...the other cool thing is i went somewhere that has a 6month 6000 mile warranty so that if they do settle more then...but if yours are like Mine I wouldnt AutoX without an alignment...but that is just me..
smokin6speed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 25th, 2005, 10:32 AM   #3

I'm not too worried about AutoXing without an alignment- it won't make that much of a wear difference- it should also help the springs settle quicker. Then after I get about 500 miles/2 weeks on the springs I'll take it in for the alignment. If you align it right away it will settle and your alignment will be off.

Old May 25th, 2005, 10:38 AM   #4

You will need a rear camber kit like everyone else. Front camber kit is not needed.
TEK_03AV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 25th, 2005, 11:42 AM   #5
Your Mom Drives a Honda

its not the wear its the handling.....have u driven on a car that was just dropped...the wear wasn't my concern it was that the car was all over the place...
Old May 25th, 2005, 12:18 PM   #6

I went with HFP on my I-4 sedan and the rear camber is like -2, however, it's still somehow within Honda's sport suspension specs, so I let it go and observe to see how the tires wear out. I have aoubt 7000 miles on the tires since the HFP but I don't see any uneven tires wear, I am not going to use camber kit for now.
bigjason is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 25th, 2005, 12:36 PM   #7
No Life LowLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjason
I went with HFP on my I-4 sedan and the rear camber is like -2, however, it's still somehow within Honda's sport suspension specs, so I let it go and observe to see how the tires wear out. I have aoubt 7000 miles on the tires since the HFP but I don't see any uneven tires wear, I am not going to use camber kit for now.
I have Tein SS and drop the front and back to a finger gap. I took it for alignment and both front and back at within specs. See specs for sport suspension kit:

My rear camber is -2. The car actually handles really well. I was going to get rear sways, but decided against it, because I like the fact that my car feels really planted in the rear now. Oh and I am running on 19s btw and I can felt every bump on the road. I hope you are right about no uneven tire wear Jas and I'll check that in a couple months.
Leeak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 26th, 2005, 02:46 PM   #8
Your Mom Drives a Honda

our cars from the dealer i believe have a -1 camber in the rear...
Old May 27th, 2005, 01:16 AM   #9
346hp/300tq @ 4psi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeak
I have Tein SS and drop the front and back to a finger gap. I took it for alignment and both front and back at within specs. See specs for sport suspension kit:

My rear camber is -2. The car actually handles really well. I was going to get rear sways, but decided against it, because I like the fact that my car feels really planted in the rear now. Oh and I am running on 19s btw and I can felt every bump on the road. I hope you are right about no uneven tire wear Jas and I'll check that in a couple months.

sorry, i think those sport suspension specs are -2.0 to -2.2 rear camber is about the average ive seen around here on cars after installing hfp suspension. honda does not make nor do they supply a camber kit with the suspension, so of course they will say -2.2 is within specs.

if you care about tire life, or dont want to rotate them all the time, -1.0 to -1.2 should be max. i guarantee they would tell you differently, if they did not sell there own sport suspension.

Last edited by 04accordcpe; May 27th, 2005 at 01:23 AM..
04accordcpe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 27th, 2005, 07:45 AM   #10

I just put on the tein Basics, it practically slammed the car... i dunoo what happend but my allignment is barely off. The car steers strait and there is no shake at high speeds. This really helps me cause im putting enkei rims on in 2-3weeks there in the mail and i really didnt want to have to allign twice wich would have cost $$$$$$. I think im gonna need a rear camber kit with the rims.
Jackthewack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 27th, 2005, 08:01 AM   #11
Your Mom Drives a Honda

if you practically slammed the car you need a camber kit whether you get wheels or not....and if you to go somewhere like national tire and battery or sears they have a 6 month 6000 mile warranty on their alignment...so get id get it done now to make sure it is right...put ur new wheels on there and then if you need it get it on them :-D
Old May 27th, 2005, 11:52 AM   #12

Well I'm going to do the install this evening and test her out. If it ends up being all over the place I'll do an alignment on Saturday before the AutoX. I don't see why lowering it would cause the handling to get crazy- it should really only affect camber, not caster or toe, which would be fine for AutoXing.
Old May 27th, 2005, 12:24 PM   #13
Your Mom Drives a Honda

it does because where you have to dissasemble the whole assembly from the wheel you might not be able to get everything back lined up right...my caster and toe were both off after i had my sportlines professionally installed..
Old May 27th, 2005, 12:33 PM   #14

Then how does everyone else do the install then wait 2-3 weeks to get an alignment if it's that bad. Perhaps your shop just screwed everything up
Old May 27th, 2005, 01:04 PM   #15
Your Mom Drives a Honda

i'm not the only one...but to each his own...my buddys EVO and my buddies Sentra SE-R were bad....its just personal preferance....if you go somewhere with a gurantee on it then if it settles and gets bad again they will do it for free...thats the way i see it so I don't have to worry about anything with it...but if you can get it in specs as far as toe and caster then you will be fine...i had -3 camber in the rear for a while without a camber kit...because our cars camber isnt adjustable from the factory and rode with it until i got a kit a couple weeks ago...
Old May 27th, 2005, 01:19 PM   #16
06 Anthracite 6spd w/ NAV

WHen I got the camber kits installed on my car I was scared to drive over 50. The car would sway almost like a boat, and at times it felt like it wanted to spin out of contol. There was no way I could have driven on the drop for 2-3 days without an alignment, so i went to firestone and got the life time alignment for $100 so now I can still get it aligned again when the springs finally settle.
popimp781 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 27th, 2005, 03:00 PM   #17

Hmm. Well I was planning on getting an alignment at a shop around her called Big Bear- they charge $70 to put it to whatever specs you want.

I'll call and see if there is a possibility of aligning it twice or getting a lifetime alignment...
Old June 2nd, 2005, 01:49 PM   #18

I dropped my car and it has been driving fine- I plan on getting it aligned hopefully sometime next week- but I haven't been putting a lot of miles on it due to riding my motorcycle. I'm hoping to put up a more informative post with pictures sometime soon.
Old June 5th, 2005, 07:13 PM   #19
mog

I finally got the ingalls rear camber and had them installed this weekend. Car handles so much better more responsive. Easier to park the car too. The rear is not as sluggish as before. My rear camber were -2 before and now set to -0.75. I have the HFP, 04 TL wheels prior...
mog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 19th, 2005, 09:43 PM   #20

Ok I finally got the pics from my roomie:
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/xar07/...=/776f&.src=ph

That's after 2 coats of Zaino as well And that is my roommate in the background zainoing his Z.
Old June 19th, 2005, 09:46 PM   #21

Oh and by the way I AutoXed without an alignment without any issues. In fact the car is driving great, I'm planning on getting an alignment this week ASAP.
Old July 23rd, 2005, 11:33 PM   #22

Help.. how do i measure my cambers? I just got some rims and need to align them up ASAP..

also anyone knows the cheapest place to get them?
chino182 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 24th, 2005, 03:18 AM   #23
registered n00b

Send a message via AIM to sumptimwong
theres no accurate way to measure camber without taking it to a shop with those super expensive allignment machines. wherever you take it, its probably gonna cost around 70 for an allignment, but imho its well worth it!

and dude, wtf is zaino and why does everyone use it??

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

- wong
sumptimwong is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 24th, 2005, 11:14 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin6speed
its not the wear its the handling.....have u driven on a car that was just dropped...the wear wasn't my concern it was that the car was all over the place...

hey .. i just dropped my car with tein h springs and putted on some 19's..

i have noticed the steering is not in sync as it was before...

i'm planning to get the rear camber kit...

is there anything else what would help the steering? would a sway bar help too??
chino182 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in