Need Opinions - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD WHEELS, TIRES, & SUSPENSION DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 2nd, 2005, 08:30 AM   #1
JDM FTW!!!11one!

Need Opinions

hey guys, i need some of your honest opinions on a major purchase i might be doing today for my car (rims+tires). a local is selling his 18 racing hart c5's in black with tires (tread left on the tires is 90% and the tire brand is hanook) for $820.00. i know this rim isnt exactly very common and im inclined to think this is a good deal. several websites list the same combo for sale for about $1500-1600 brand new, and the combo in question is about 1-2 months old (not 100% sure, but the seller said about 2 months). i would like to complete the transaction today is possible and am looking for some honest opinions on the price. any opinions are grealty welcomed. BTW, these wheels, if i do purchase them, will be going on a silver 03 accord sedan. thanks!
JBLAccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 2nd, 2005, 08:41 AM   #2

Send a message via AIM to robbyx_209[9]
for $820, to me (if they were in perfect condition) thats definitely a good deal... for 1) they're 18's... 2) they're RH.. 3) black C5's are not very common (yet).... good find, i'd jump on those...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
robbyx_209[9] is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 2nd, 2005, 11:04 AM   #3
JB4 e92

I would get them, sounds like an awesome deal for some RH's. Make sure you check them out and make sure they're alright.
clean2draccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old June 2nd, 2005, 11:17 AM   #4
JDM FTW!!!11one!

he sent me a few photos of the rims..and from what i saw theyre in immaculate condition. i gave him a call and am meeting him later today to do the exchange assuming theyre in good condition. on a side note, the set comes with a set of wanli tires...which i havent heard too much of...any one have any input on that brand? the tires themselves have about 90% tread left so either way i will use them untill i wear them out, but im interested as to how these tires stack up compared to other manufacturers
Old June 2nd, 2005, 11:47 AM   #5

You have the same car as me and I would jump on them! I am looking for a deal on some 18s as well. The tires on them are the bottom of the barrel, but worth the buppiness till they ware out. Are you getting a drop on your car as well? Post pics ASAP so I can see your ending result.
Accord_101 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 2nd, 2005, 01:05 PM   #6

you havnt seen them in person? Look at them in person and then decide, if they in good condition, aswell as tires def jump on it good find.
Deepa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 2nd, 2005, 06:27 PM   #7
JDM FTW!!!11one!

well, i ended up buying them. the rims are in PERFECT condition...no curb marks or scratches of any kind. the wheels are less than 2 months old...but have only been on the previous owners car for a few weeks. my car is already dropped on the neuspeed race springs. i dont own a digital camera ( i kno, im still living in the 90's ), but ill boirrow a friends. rims will be mounted and balanced tomorrow, shoud looks really nice with my blackhouse projectors and smoked tailights. thanks for everyones feedback!

EDIT - the tires on the set are hankook, mustve misheard the guy on the phone. are these decent tires?
Old June 2nd, 2005, 07:07 PM   #8

From What Ive Heard Hankook Is A Good Brand, What Kind Do You Have Ventus?
Deepa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 2nd, 2005, 07:17 PM   #9
7yr / 120K

God damn.... do you even need to ask! Wheels and tire like that for $820, snatch that sh*t up quick like.

Edit: you got em, good work!
Celestion is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 2nd, 2005, 07:40 PM   #10

Send a message via AIM to robbyx_209[9]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBLAccord
well, i ended up buying them. the rims are in PERFECT condition...no curb marks or scratches of any kind. the wheels are less than 2 months old...

thanks for everyones feedback!
no problem... but this was like a no-brainer.. .. congrats man, post pic's when you can!...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
robbyx_209[9] is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 2nd, 2005, 10:54 PM   #11
JDM FTW!!!11one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbyx_209[9]
no problem... but this was like a no-brainer.. .. congrats man, post pic's when you can!...
well, they get mounted tomorrow (ran out of cash for the day so i figured id jus do it friday). i didnt check what model hankook's they, will do that in the morning. the tires is a 215/35/18, which is a little too narrow for a 7.5 rim and too small of a sidewall...so as soon as i wear them out ill more than likely go with a 235/40/18, but theyll do for now. ill be sure to post pics sometime tomorrow

EDIT - lol, it really was a no brainer now that i think about it. i got realli lucky

Last edited by JBLAccord; June 2nd, 2005 at 10:57 PM..
Old June 2nd, 2005, 11:15 PM   #12

215/35-18 tires?? I wouldn't waste your time or money installing those improperly sized tires for your Accord. They are way too small for your car. Not only will they look goofy on the Accord, and make the already huge fender gaps look even biggier, but good luck not bending those rims with a 215/35-18 tire. With a 215/35, you'll probably bend the wheels just by looking at them (not literally) bc they'll offer too little protection. Any pothole on the highway at 80mph and those rims will be bent with those tires i'm sure.

Save yourself time and money, get a quality set of properly sized 235/40-18 tires for your Accord
Jon2002 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 3rd, 2005, 01:18 AM   #13
k24/k20 Turbo coming soon

Send a message via AIM to telele
Dude talk about a good deal that was a cheap pick up. I have the same rims and I love them, I got a good deal for mine brand new but your price is a steal. Not to many people have these rims in black also just to let you know, post pics when you get them installed.

telele is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 3rd, 2005, 09:48 AM   #14
JDM FTW!!!11one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon2002
215/35-18 tires?? I wouldn't waste your time or money installing those improperly sized tires for your Accord. They are way too small for your car. Not only will they look goofy on the Accord, and make the already huge fender gaps look even biggier, but good luck not bending those rims with a 215/35-18 tire. With a 215/35, you'll probably bend the wheels just by looking at them (not literally) bc they'll offer too little protection. Any pothole on the highway at 80mph and those rims will be bent with those tires i'm sure.

Save yourself time and money, get a quality set of properly sized 235/40-18 tires for your Accord

my car is alrdy dropped on neuspeed race springs and compared to the stock tire diameter (im running the civic SI wheels now on a 205/55/16), its only a hair smaller. im aware of the fact hat a 35 sidewall isnt alot of protection, but the tires are essentually BRAND NEW (90%+ tread remaining) and i dont intend to throw BRAND NEW tires away. main reason i dont think it will look disproportional is due to the drop, even tho im sure it would look better on a 235/40/18. car goes in in the afternoon to have the tires mounted and balanced. ill be sure to post pics tonight or sometime tomorrow.
Old June 3rd, 2005, 06:48 PM   #15

Quote:
hey guys, i need some of your honest opinions on a major purchase i might be doing today for my car (rims+tires). a local is selling his 18 racing hart c5's in black with tires (tread left on the tires is 90% and the tire brand is hanook) for $820.00. i know this rim isnt exactly very common and im inclined to think this is a good deal. several websites list the same combo for sale for about $1500-1600 brand new, and the combo in question is about 1-2 months old (not 100% sure, but the seller said about 2 months). i would like to complete the transaction today is possible and am looking for some honest opinions on the price. any opinions are grealty welcomed. BTW, these wheels, if i do purchase them, will be going on a silver 03 accord sedan. thanks!

My 2 cents

I would slow down a bit. Dont look at the tires as part of the purchase. They maybe things that you may have to pay to take off. You might not like the tires ! I dont know about the RH rims I cant seem to sell mine for $560.00 on ebay but they are not in mint condition either......Just dont look at the tires as part of the purchase because they might not be what you want in a tire. If at all possible install them and see if you like the tires first. If he wants to sell them he will let you do that. Hell I would.

Rick

Rick
THERUIZFAMILY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 3rd, 2005, 10:43 PM   #16
JDM FTW!!!11one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by THERUIZFAMILY
My 2 cents

I would slow down a bit. Dont look at the tires as part of the purchase. They maybe things that you may have to pay to take off. You might not like the tires ! I dont know about the RH rims I cant seem to sell mine for $560.00 on ebay but they are not in mint condition either......Just dont look at the tires as part of the purchase because they might not be what you want in a tire. If at all possible install them and see if you like the tires first. If he wants to sell them he will let you do that. Hell I would.

Rick

Rick

i was actually motivaed by the fact that tires were included in the set, figured even tho theyre a little small, they would work for the meantime ($820 for a set of 2 month of RH c'5 in black plus nearly brand new tires is kinda hard to beat). they were mounted today and the tires is actually alot quieter and gripper than i expected. i actually stumbled across your auction for the s7's if i remember correctly...and i think alot of the difficulty your having in selling them is the fact that they were cracked. theyre nice rims either way, but i know that i wouldnt want to make an investment insomething thats damaged. so far im satisfied witht he hankook's, theyre fairly quiet, get solid dry traction (havent gottten to try them on wet roads yet) and all and all serve the purpose well. either way i dont plan on having them too long, runing a 215/35/18 forces me to have to drive like an angel, but for now it will do. it actually dosent look bad either, but would ovbiously look better on a 40 tires versus the 35, i think the drop helps me out in this aspect though. anyways, i didnt get a chance to get pics of the setup, but im gunna try to borrow a friends camera and take some shots this weekend.
Old June 4th, 2005, 10:15 AM   #17

Quote:
i was actually motivaed by the fact that tires were included in the set, figured even tho theyre a little small, they would work for the meantime ($820 for a set of 2 month of RH c'5 in black plus nearly brand new tires is kinda hard to beat). they were mounted today and the tires is actually alot quieter and gripper than i expected. i actually stumbled across your auction for the s7's if i remember correctly...and i think alot of the difficulty your having in selling them is the fact that they were cracked. theyre nice rims either way, but i know that i wouldnt want to make an investment insomething thats damaged. so far im satisfied witht he hankook's, theyre fairly quiet, get solid dry traction (havent gottten to try them on wet roads yet) and all and all serve the purpose well. either way i dont plan on having them too long, runing a 215/35/18 forces me to have to drive like an angel, but for now it will do. it actually dosent look bad either, but would ovbiously look better on a 40 tires versus the 35, i think the drop helps me out in this aspect though. anyways, i didnt get a chance to get pics of the setup, but im gunna try to borrow a friends camera and take some shots this weekend.
If your happy with the tires then its a good deal. I guess I'm more carefull with tires now a day. I was going to get some 17's with tires and first thing that popped into mind was how to test drive the tires.

Rick
THERUIZFAMILY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in