Wheel and tire specifications??? - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD WHEELS, TIRES, & SUSPENSION DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 4th, 2005, 03:57 PM   #1

Wheel and tire specifications???

Hey guys i just just ordered the MM2 Enkie rims 18X7.5 . I have a few questions on the offset. What exactly is the offset.
Also i know abselutly nothing about tires if some one could explain to me how the mesurements work on them i know there is a #/#/# mathmatic way to figure this out ive just never really looked into it. If any one has a specific size that works extremely well then let me know.

Im sitting currently on the tein basic coilovers and stock 16" wheels with blow asssssss tires.

Anyone got a good tire brand? Im lookin for the best tires, at a good price, with low sound(cause all mine do now is screeeeetch), that will last me a decient amount of time. I dont need slicks or a tire priced at $200 up. Im 19 about to hit college so u can see where im commin from.
Jackthewack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 4th, 2005, 04:11 PM   #2

ok offset for our cars is 42-50mm, 42 looks flush, 50 looks tucked in (offset is how far the wheles sick out)

Tire size for the 18z, go with a 225/40/18 (that i belive is recomened size for our cars with 18z)

And as far as tires, im pertty satisfied with my Nittoz nt555 extereme.

And how do you like the basics?
Deepa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 4th, 2005, 04:27 PM   #3

width of tire / sidewall profile of tire = % of "width of tire" / size of wheel in inches.

for brands of tires, read up on tirerack.com. you can compare different brands/models. if you dont wanna break the bank w/ the tires, go for an all-season tire (as opposed to a sticky summer tire). something like the yoko avid v4's could work well for you.

do your research.
nodoubt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old June 4th, 2005, 04:32 PM   #4
I Jumped Off Da Bandwagon

Kumho are pretty good tires at a reasonable price. Hope you got the right offset and it fits w/o rubbing. Go with 235/40/18.
Hongda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 6th, 2005, 05:17 PM   #5

Yeah i had the pirelli P6's on my audi and i love them. They were an all season as well and costed like 90 bucks a tire. Never had a blow out or flat tire related to pot holes and curbs. Im lookin for the best tire priced just under 200 each. i could go more $ but f-that i dont need to spend too much on tires id rather save some cash for college spending...drugs and alcohol. But anyway the enkei rims i got were used on a 7th gen accord so i dont have any mixxed feelings about the offset. I will be getting snow tires in the winter so im not gonna go with an all season, i drive pretty hard too concidering im on the stock tires. Tire rack was no help they give like one review per tire and there probably idiots reviewing them hopefully not, u kno how every one wants there **** to be the best.

Last edited by Jackthewack; June 6th, 2005 at 05:28 PM..
Old June 6th, 2005, 06:25 PM   #6

um what would a 38 offsett be lol? well i might be selling these enkeis cheap if any one wants them. there 18" 5X100/114 38 offset. excellent condition. If u know someone with those needs let me know ill work out a cheap price cause i got them for like 400.
Old June 6th, 2005, 08:41 PM   #7
St. Louis!

pics?
Kingof3rdinput is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 11th, 2005, 06:07 PM   #8

they fit, pics here.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/756363
Old June 12th, 2005, 12:21 AM   #9

i take your keeping them.. looks nice .. if u decide to let them go.. i'll take em off you
chino182 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in