Neuspeed springs and konis - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD WHEELS, TIRES, & SUSPENSION DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 11th, 2005, 02:30 PM   #1
CeRtiFiEd PimP

Neuspeed springs and konis

i have neuspeed springs with a 2.25 drop in the front..if i install koni shocks will i be able to adjust it so my car is now 2.5" in the front?

Last edited by 03c0upe; June 11th, 2005 at 04:47 PM..
03c0upe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 11th, 2005, 04:34 PM   #2

If you get the Neuspeed Koni shocks, you can make some adjustment. The shocks made for them have 5 different spring purch placement points, each at 7mm (I believe) apart. The adjustment points should give you 0.5" max up or down.
WildcatMike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 11th, 2005, 04:49 PM   #3
CeRtiFiEd PimP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMike
If you get the Neuspeed Koni shocks, you can make some adjustment. The shocks made for them have 5 different spring purch placement points, each at 7mm (I believe) apart. The adjustment points should give you 0.5" max up or down.
they only adjust .5 up or down? since my springs are 2.25" drop will it damage them if i go lower with the koni shocks. you said it can go .5" down ..so that would make is 2.75 drop..will that ruin the springs?

Old June 12th, 2005, 03:25 PM   #4

The Neuspeed Koni's that I have don't change the spring length. I can only change the support base upon which they sit.

The main concerns that I have heard so far, is bottoming out the shock itself. Using the lowest spring perch with extreme lowering springs could be an issue.
Old June 12th, 2005, 09:01 PM   #5
CeRtiFiEd PimP

oh..but its lifetime warranty on those shocks..my drop is 2.25 in the front..and i want it to be lower than that will me gettin koni shocks make it lower
Old June 13th, 2005, 01:03 AM   #6

do it, the shocks are made for the springs, if they bottom out put that warranty to work
Deepa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 13th, 2005, 08:40 PM   #7

I didn't take any pics of the shocks off the car. I was told by the local distributor/installer of Neuspeed that the middle perch installation point is closest to stock and the separation between each is 7 mm.

If that is true then using your current lowering springs with the cradle at the lowest perch point might get you a 3 inch drop.

Who knows how it will play out because of the suspension geometry???

I also understood the Koni's designed for Neuspeed will accomodate their lowering springs. I don't know if it is because of a shorter shaft or the custom perch positions or what?

I can't go that low anyway. Here in Houston, the driveways are steep for flood control and the roads are riddled with deep pot holes.

A clip snaps into the grove of your choice on the shock shell and the cradle slides over the shock rests on it. If it doesn't work out you can change the position.

O
|
|
|
|
|
|
---
| 7mm
---
| 7mm
--- <------ stock perch position
| 7mm
---
| 7mm
---
|
|
|
|
|
|
O
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in