BF Goodrich G Force Sport Tires on AV6 6 speed - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD WHEELS, TIRES, & SUSPENSION DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 9th, 2007, 09:23 PM   #1

Talking BF Goodrich G Force Sport Tires on AV6 6 speed

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....speed_rating=Y

Does anyone have these on their accord? I am looking for an affordable summer high performance tire and this once had good ratings on tire rack. I value the opinion of this forum so if anyone has some opinion on these tires please let me know ASAP. I'm thinking 225/50/17 on a stock 6 speed 17inch wheel (2004 Wheel) I know stock is 215 but I want something a little wider. Any Feedback??
afguard17 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 9th, 2007, 09:39 PM   #2
The Syndicate Martyr

Send a message via AIM to Dynamatt
I would recomend either these or the KDW's.. My friend auto-x's his 5th gen sedan with these tires and does extremely well. Also for size i would recomend a 235/45/17
Dynamatt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 9th, 2007, 09:44 PM   #3

I just ordered the KDW2 in 235/40/18. My new lightweight wheels are being custom made so it'll be 6-8 weeks before I know.
1BADSS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old March 9th, 2007, 09:50 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamatt
I would recomend either these or the KDW's.. My friend auto-x's his 5th gen sedan with these tires and does extremely well. Also for size i would recomend a 235/45/17
Wider and lower profile? Why do you recommend that? Won't 235 be hanging over the rim alot? I want wide but I wont want it to look stupid
Old March 9th, 2007, 09:54 PM   #5
The Syndicate Martyr

Send a message via AIM to Dynamatt
Nah, its not a lower profile at all. Overall diameter is the exact same as the OE 215/50/17. And it will be JUST over the edge of the wheel. A 225 is a flat sidewall depending on the manufacturer, some people like Falken and Nitto tend to run about 5mm smaller than what th esize ACTUALLY should be. But a 235 will be fine.. I wouldn't worry at all
Dynamatt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 9th, 2007, 11:08 PM   #6
Formerly EPS Sniper

Send a message via AIM to ATX 6Speed
I have those exact tires!!! I love them to death. They make the car not only handle better, but look better too.

Take it from me, DON'T get the 225/45/17 size--they make your rims look like they belong on a Civic. In theory, the 235/45/17s will be the exact same diameter as the 215/50/17, but they're a tad wide for our rim. The 225/50/17 is about a half inch taller overall, but it fills up the wheel wells nicely and rides comfy.

Long story short, get the tires in 225/50/17. You'll thank me later
ATX 6Speed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 10th, 2007, 07:07 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by eps sniper
I have those exact tires!!! I love them to death. They make the car not only handle better, but look better too.

Take it from me, DON'T get the 225/45/17 size--they make your rims look like they belong on a Civic. In theory, the 235/45/17s will be the exact same diameter as the 215/50/17, but they're a tad wide for our rim. The 225/50/17 is about a half inch taller overall, but it fills up the wheel wells nicely and rides comfy.

Long story short, get the tires in 225/50/17. You'll thank me later
That's the comment I was looking for. Okay now I'm out to go find a price. Thanks!
Old March 10th, 2007, 10:00 AM   #8
Formerly EPS Sniper

Send a message via AIM to ATX 6Speed
No problem. I got mine from Discount Tire for about 120 a piece.
ATX 6Speed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 11th, 2007, 02:04 PM   #9

I Have the kdw2's. They are by far the best tires I have ever had. And they look badass! I have 225/45/17's on stock 6speed rims. They look and fit perfect. This size is wider than stock, and 2% shorter so if the speedo says 100mph, actual speed would be 98 mph. The speedo is prob off by more than that anyway. Increasing unsprung weight by going too big can slow the car down and put undue stress on components. I got mine from Discount Tire out the door for less than $600.00. (They will match prices from The Tire Rack + there shipping costs + mounting.)

Last edited by EXACTA; March 11th, 2007 at 02:06 PM..
EXACTA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 11th, 2007, 07:15 PM   #10

Have you considered the Bridgestone Potenza RER05A Pole Position? I have them and like them. The Goodrich's are no doubt a very good tire. The recommendations on this forum are an additional plus! The Bridgestones are #1 in their category on Tire Rack which is a level above the Goodrich's which rated only #7 within their category. Of course there are trade offs. The Bridgestone's will likely wear out sooner, although users still rated them well for wear. Yes they are also more expensive. As with most things you have to decide what trade offs are most important to you.
I wish my local Discount Tire's would match Tire Rack's prices. They didn't come within $300 of Tire Rack even considering shipping and mounting. I gave them a chance as I would prefer to buy locally, but they declined. Here's a link for comparison of the 2 tires.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Compar...=0&sortValue=1
ypsibird is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 12th, 2007, 05:56 PM   #11

I'm currently running g-Force Sports 225/50ZR17 on 03-05 6-speed wheels on my sedan. I have a couple pics in my gallery. I bought them from Tire Rack last year.
IMO it has great grip all around in wet (compared to the OEs) and dry, better braking, sharper turn in, less sidewall flex (not sure how big the difference would be for you since I started with the 205/60R16 sedan tires), it's definitely noisier (not annoyingly so, and it can "whistle" under certain conditions but doesn't happen that often for me), and it does seem to be very sensitive to tire pressure changes though...I usually try to keep it at 38 psi cold (all around). I think it's a very good tire for the money if you don't need A/S tires.
DI-99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 14th, 2007, 01:23 AM   #12
I OWE benf656 MONEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by afguard17
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....speed_rating=Y

Does anyone have these on their accord? I am looking for an affordable summer high performance tire and this once had good ratings on tire rack. I value the opinion of this forum so if anyone has some opinion on these tires please let me know ASAP. I'm thinking 225/50/17 on a stock 6 speed 17inch wheel (2004 Wheel) I know stock is 215 but I want something a little wider. Any Feedback??
You should know those are Summer Tires and you in the Northeast

Edit: Never mind.

Last edited by shon.nv; March 14th, 2007 at 01:27 AM..
shon.nv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in