Camber help - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD WHEELS, TIRES, & SUSPENSION DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 18th, 2007, 09:47 PM   #1
AccordingToSean

Send a message via AIM to AccordingToSean
Camber help

Hey, I just had my i supercup kit installed on my accord the other day. And emmediatly, i recognized the negative camber on rear tires of the car the next day. I already have my camberkit. What is a good price for rear installation and alignment? Also I have my Koni's set on the lowest perch, in the front and second lowest in the back but i still have 2 fingers in the front and 22 and a half in the back, does this seem hight for the supercupkit?.

Thanks.
AccordingToSean is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 19th, 2007, 01:33 AM   #2
I OWE benf656 MONEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccordingToSean
Hey, I just had my i supercup kit installed on my accord the other day. And emmediatly, i recognized the negative camber on rear tires of the car the next day. I already have my camberkit. What is a good price for rear installation and alignment? Also I have my Koni's set on the lowest perch, in the front and second lowest in the back but i still have 2 fingers in the front and 22 and a half in the back, does this seem hight for the supercupkit?.

Thanks.
Let me get two things straight, did you align it or not? Did you installed the camber kit or not?

If you are dropped on the lowest perch, take it to Sears or Discount tires and have them check the alignment to soo how bad your front is. When I installed my Konis with S-tech, I had -1.2 degree in the front which is -0.2 off the factory specs so I didnt get the camber kit cause it wasnt a big difference.
I always go to Sears for alignment, balance and rotation.
shon.nv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 19th, 2007, 07:04 PM   #3
AccordingToSean

Quote:
Originally Posted by shon.nv
Let me get two things straight, did you align it or not? Did you installed the camber kit or not?

If you are dropped on the lowest perch, take it to Sears or Discount tires and have them check the alignment to soo how bad your front is. When I installed my Konis with S-tech, I had -1.2 degree in the front which is -0.2 off the factory specs so I didnt get the camber kit cause it wasnt a big difference.
I always go to Sears for alignment, balance and rotation.
No i did not get the camber kit put on yet, and it was not aligned. how much does sears cost you for balance and can they install the camber kit?

Old March 19th, 2007, 08:50 PM   #4
hella flush

Send a message via AIM to lilfotoman
alignments are usually cost around 50-70 bucks depending on where u go
lilfotoman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 20th, 2007, 02:15 PM   #5
I OWE benf656 MONEY

Quote:
No i did not get the camber kit put on yet, and it was not aligned. how much does sears cost you for balance and can they install the camber kit?
I dont think alignment shops will install the camber kit but call around a few places to find out. Most alignment shops can check your alignment for free or sometimes for a small charge before they actually align it. I am pretty sure you need a camber kit but post some pictures of your car so we tell you for sure.
shon.nv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 20th, 2007, 04:54 PM   #6

Quote:

Thanks.
i have a '04 lx v6 sedan (sittin' on 16" steelies - 205/60/16 i think) on the supercup kit. i'm set on the second to lowest perch all around. i have no gap in the front (tire is slightly tucked into the fender well) and about one finger (maybe a 1/2 a finger) in the back. i might drop the rear to the lowest perch so i can eliminate the gap. not sure how you can have a two finger gap on the lowest perch in the front if i'm on the second to lowest with no gap are you sure the shop installed it correctly? or, maybe my shop installed mine incorrectly my measurements are based on going straight in from the side, or just eyeballing it. however, if i angle my fingers upward, rather than straight on, into the fender to the top of the tire then i'm about 1 1/2 to 2 finger gap in the rear and one in the front. you definitely need a rear camber kit and i had mine installed with the supercup at the same time at the same shop which also got it aligned for me. installation for all the parts plus alignment was $250. I think rear camber kit installation might have been $35 or $40 if I break it down. you will need an alignment very soon otherwise you'll go through tires like crazy. good luck!

Last edited by islandaccord; March 20th, 2007 at 05:09 PM..
islandaccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 20th, 2007, 09:26 PM   #7
AccordingToSean

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandaccord
i have a '04 lx v6 sedan (sittin' on 16" steelies - 205/60/16 i think) on the supercup kit. i'm set on the second to lowest perch all around. i have no gap in the front (tire is slightly tucked into the fender well) and about one finger (maybe a 1/2 a finger) in the back. i might drop the rear to the lowest perch so i can eliminate the gap. not sure how you can have a two finger gap on the lowest perch in the front if i'm on the second to lowest with no gap are you sure the shop installed it correctly? or, maybe my shop installed mine incorrectly my measurements are based on going straight in from the side, or just eyeballing it. however, if i angle my fingers upward, rather than straight on, into the fender to the top of the tire then i'm about 1 1/2 to 2 finger gap in the rear and one in the front. you definitely need a rear camber kit and i had mine installed with the supercup at the same time at the same shop which also got it aligned for me. installation for all the parts plus alignment was $250. I think rear camber kit installation might have been $35 or $40 if I break it down. you will need an alignment very soon otherwise you'll go through tires like crazy. good luck!
The guy who installed by suspension probably did it wrong b/c i did not have it done at a shop, i had the guy who installed my intake do it at his house (he is a BMW mechanic). However do you think that the car will probably settle, since i only got it done on thursday. Im happy with my drop in the front so far (ill lower the back to lowest perch later if necesary) even now im scrapping a little under the car, over speed bumps, driveways and barking spots couse im not use to it. Back to the camber whats the longest i could wait to get it installed without being in alot of trouble im going arouond turns really slow reduce wear to the tires. the speed shop that i know of said like 120 to install hopeful (hopefully thats including the camber) maby he thought that i did not have the camber, even though im pretty sure i told him im gonna call 2marow again. if thats the price im gonna have to find a nother place.
Old March 21st, 2007, 05:00 PM   #8

Quote:
The guy who installed by suspension probably did it wrong b/c i did not have it done at a shop, i had the guy who installed my intake do it at his house (he is a BMW mechanic). However do you think that the car will probably settle, since i only got it done on thursday. Im happy with my drop in the front so far (ill lower the back to lowest perch later if necesary) even now im scrapping a little under the car, over speed bumps, driveways and barking spots couse im not use to it. Back to the camber whats the longest i could wait to get it installed without being in alot of trouble im going arouond turns really slow reduce wear to the tires. the speed shop that i know of said like 120 to install hopeful (hopefully thats including the camber) maby he thought that i did not have the camber, even though im pretty sure i told him im gonna call 2marow again. if thats the price im gonna have to find a nother place.
neuspeed springs supposedly don't settle much. i've had mine for almost two months and it's the same as the first day i had them installed. in fact, i got the alignment done the very same day as when all my parts were installed. so it's unlikely your car will go any lower than it is. i'm no expert, but i don't think you should go any longer than two weeks...but don't quote me on that $120 seems a bit steep for just a camber kit installation...does it include alignment? Best to call up a couple of other shops and if one is higher than your other quote ask them if they price match...you might be able to get a good deal. by the way, do you have a v6 or the 4 cyl? might explain why my car sits lower than yours
Old March 21st, 2007, 07:37 PM   #9
AccordingToSean

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandaccord
neuspeed springs supposedly don't settle much. i've had mine for almost two months and it's the same as the first day i had them installed. in fact, i got the alignment done the very same day as when all my parts were installed. so it's unlikely your car will go any lower than it is. i'm no expert, but i don't think you should go any longer than two weeks...but don't quote me on that $120 seems a bit steep for just a camber kit installation...does it include alignment? Best to call up a couple of other shops and if one is higher than your other quote ask them if they price match...you might be able to get a good deal. by the way, do you have a v6 or the 4 cyl? might explain why my car sits lower than yours
I got the v6, i called the place that i have called before, who said tbefore hat they would install it for 120 and now they are saying that it takes an hour each side to install and they charge 70 an hour. so thats 140 + they said 70-80 for alignment. I said thats a high price can you throw in adjusting my shocks in the rear to lowest perch he said yes. to the total would come up to about 210. Which is almost the same price as installing the shocks and struts. So i made an appointment on for friday anway, im probably not gonna show up for that price. So, i called the guy who installed my shock, spring and CAI and he said he could do it, but he does not know how much to charge, i have tried to call other suspension places an it seems that none wants to mess with lowered suspension and, alot of the places i have called dont install camber. i dont know if im typing in the wrong thing on google/yellow pages when im looking for a place. Tell me what you think.
Old March 22nd, 2007, 11:17 AM   #10

Quote:
I got the v6, i called the place that i have called before, who said tbefore hat they would install it for 120 and now they are saying that it takes an hour each side to install and they charge 70 an hour. so thats 140 + they said 70-80 for alignment. I said thats a high price can you throw in adjusting my shocks in the rear to lowest perch he said yes. to the total would come up to about 210. Which is almost the same price as installing the shocks and struts. So i made an appointment on for friday anway, im probably not gonna show up for that price. So, i called the guy who installed my shock, spring and CAI and he said he could do it, but he does not know how much to charge, i have tried to call other suspension places an it seems that none wants to mess with lowered suspension and, alot of the places i have called dont install camber. i dont know if im typing in the wrong thing on google/yellow pages when im looking for a place. Tell me what you think.
2 hours to install a camber kit took that long for my shop to install supercup kit AND the rear camber kit. i can't believe there are no shops in FL that want to "mess with lowered suspension." i'm on an island and there are plenty of shops here and when i was in L.A. there were plenty of shops too, of course anyway, you might have better luck PMing a FL peep on this forum and asking for a recommendation. I think there are "regional" forums on this site...there must be one for FL. I'm sure they'd give you a hand.
Edit: almost forgot, one thing that helped me was that an internet search i did revealed official Tein distributors in the area...I called all the ones for my area and got quotes. I would highly recommend doing that...check Tein's site for distributors (which in my opinion are going to be reputable) in your area and call those shops. Obviously, a shop that distributes suspension parts can install any brand. good luck!

Last edited by islandaccord; March 22nd, 2007 at 12:14 PM..
Old March 22nd, 2007, 09:36 PM   #11
AccordingToSean

thanks for the advise i was going to go 2marow to just saw whatever and get it installed, but maby ill hold off a lil loger
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in