18x7.5 +38 offset need quick tire size input RUBBING? - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD WHEELS, TIRES, & SUSPENSION DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 20th, 2007, 02:26 PM   #1
Giggity. Aw Right.

Arrow 18x7.5 +38 offset need quick tire size input RUBBING?

i'm getting a good deal on some 18x7.5 rims, but the offset is +38. i'm currently riding on stock, but i want to eventually lower using the supercup kit (neuspeed/koni). will have a rear camber kit as well. 2005 accord coupe.

so my question is, i know he offset is the "lowest" i should go. should i just stick w/ 225/40/18 or can i get away with 235/40/18?? i'd rather go 235, but if that means rubbing, i don't want that headache. i'd rather not roll/cut the inner fender.

if i get 18x7.5 +38 offset 225/40/18 tire and lowered on supercup, WILL I RUB??

need input by thursday morn, any help would do! if you have this setup or know someone who does, let me know. and i tried searching, most +38 references were made to 19x8.5 rims, which required slight rolling to fit. thanx again!
droopy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 20th, 2007, 02:55 PM   #2
oSCaR

Quote:
Originally Posted by droopy
i'm getting a good deal on some 18x7.5 rims, but the offset is +38. i'm currently riding on stock, but i want to eventually lower using the supercup kit (neuspeed/koni). will have a rear camber kit as well. 2005 accord coupe.

so my question is, i know he offset is the "lowest" i should go. should i just stick w/ 225/40/18 or can i get away with 235/40/18?? i'd rather go 235, but if that means rubbing, i don't want that headache. i'd rather not roll/cut the inner fender.

if i get 18x7.5 +38 offset 225/40/18 tire and lowered on supercup, WILL I RUB??

need input by thursday morn, any help would do! if you have this setup or know someone who does, let me know. and i tried searching, most +38 references were made to 19x8.5 rims, which required slight rolling to fit. thanx again!
if an 8.5 wide wheel needs very slight rolling to fit then a 7.5 wide wheel will clear no problem. even more so under the 18" height of the wheel. I highly doubt you will rub considering many people have ran more aggressive wheels w/o rubbing. go for it... worse case scenario you'll have to trim very little of the inner fender off but you'll have wheels that sit close to flush. what wheels are they anyway?
v6_ccord_2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 20th, 2007, 03:05 PM   #3
hella flush

Send a message via AIM to lilfotoman
i think it depends on how low u gonna drop your car, but it shouldnt rub.
lilfotoman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old March 20th, 2007, 03:06 PM   #4
Giggity. Aw Right.

hmm... so maybe i can get away with 235? any other input? much appreciated.

i found a mrr gt-1 rim on craigslist. i'm not looking for the speed or jdm look, more "vip" and reliability (daily driven). i think it looks pretty decent. i should have pics next week floating high riding stock 8.5 would give much more lip, but then i have to worry about rubbing and i'll have to pay much more. student budgets don't allow for luxuries... i'll live w/ 7.5.

here's one i found, 20's on a bmw.
Old March 21st, 2007, 01:03 AM   #5
oSCaR

depending on where you live you should go checkout the tein garage sale... they might sell ballin wheels and good prices and you might be able to pick up some sh!t to get your ride goign in that VIP direction.

your wheels prob wont have as much lip since that bimmer prob has 9.5's in the rear and like 8's up front... they are nice nonetheless
Old March 21st, 2007, 11:22 AM   #6
Giggity. Aw Right.

hmm, good call on the tein thing. i don't think a tein sale could lower the price to my acceptable range, but it's worth checking out... i think there's talks of a caravan heading out from so cal? you going too?

and yea, not much of a lip. but it's my commuter and i don't want to get a setup that will end up bothering me everyday. i think 18 7.5 is the safest to go w/o worring about possible rubbing or bending the rims cuz the tires are too thin.
Old March 21st, 2007, 11:32 AM   #7
oSCaR

yeah Im goin but not with the caravan.
Old March 21st, 2007, 12:15 PM   #8
Giggity. Aw Right.

what time you going? have you been to one before? do people line up out the door and such black friday style?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in