Even out wheel gap w/o expensive setup - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD WHEELS, TIRES, & SUSPENSION DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 10th, 2007, 04:36 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to phongtruong12
Even out wheel gap w/o expensive setup

My dilemma is that I'm currently looking for an option to even out my wheel gap while keeping the stock comfort as close as possible. I'm not looking to slam the car, so I just want it looking almost OEM. I'm also a poor college student, so I'm willing to pay for quality, but not looking for a race set-up. My budget is not that great (~$600).

Here are my possible options:

Shocks: Tokico, KYB, Stock
Springs: Tein H-Tech, H&R OE

Even though the H&R's lower 0.75F/0.5R, I'm liking the reviews from H&R owners about the comfort/performance vs Tein. They are pretty close to HFP specs. With that kind of drop, can I get away with using stock shocks? If not, how are Tokico HPs? Blues? I know my choices here sound extremely strange compared to everyone else on this forum, but I just want to even out the wheel gap and keep costs to a minimum. It'll still look like a mini 4x4, but at least the front won't be so high.

I also like H-Techs too, but I've heard some stories that it may be too harsh. I think the drop looks nice though. I also cannot afford Koni's at the moment, so Tokico or KYB are my only options. I know this thread might be overdone, but I didn't want to hijack anyone else's thread.

Last edited by phongtruong12; April 10th, 2007 at 04:45 PM..
phongtruong12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 10th, 2007, 06:17 PM   #2
Formerly EPS Sniper

Send a message via AIM to ATX 6Speed
Why don't you just get the HFP setup. Same as OEM ride, 1 yr/12000 mile warranty from Honda, and its less than 600 to your doorstep.

I spent around 1000 for my Prokit/Koni setup and it is NOT as comfortable as people make it out to be. I've heard great things about the HFP drop in terms of comfort and about the lowering it does. It's not going to slam your car, but it will make a difference. If you want to consider this as an option, Ganley's got it cheap. Check it out here:

http://ganleyhonda.com/mm5/merchant....egory_Code=HFP
Old April 10th, 2007, 10:35 PM   #3

i would get the HFP, but one turnoff is that the drop still leaves the car uneven. is there a way to correct this? if yes, i would be on this first thing!

Old April 10th, 2007, 10:40 PM   #4

Get out the torch and start chopping springs...

haha.. no, dont do that...

E
ericspda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 12th, 2007, 07:11 PM   #5

okay i think i'm going to go with the Neuspeed Supercup Kit. i'll keep the Koni's that come with it, and then sell the Neuspeeds for H&R OE springs. the only problem i have is that i'm going to need to paint the Koni's black. why you ask? i know it sounds bad, but i'm doing this behind my dad's back. if i leave the Koni yellows in there, he'll notice sometime in the future, and then he'll make me sell them and return back to stock. he's adamant about warranty, etc. the paint will probably chip, but i don't care as long as i don't see yellow at all.

i'm thinking about just simply spray painting them with a few coats of black. is this safe to do or will it affect the koni's functionality?
Old April 12th, 2007, 10:11 PM   #6
oSCaR

Quote:
Originally Posted by phongtruong12
okay i think i'm going to go with the Neuspeed Supercup Kit. i'll keep the Koni's that come with it, and then sell the Neuspeeds for H&R OE springs. the only problem i have is that i'm going to need to paint the Koni's black. why you ask? i know it sounds bad, but i'm doing this behind my dad's back. if i leave the Koni yellows in there, he'll notice sometime in the future, and then he'll make me sell them and return back to stock. he's adamant about warranty, etc. the paint will probably chip, but i don't care as long as i don't see yellow at all.

i'm thinking about just simply spray painting them with a few coats of black. is this safe to do or will it affect the koni's functionality?
tell him the OE shocks were yellow! like he knows they're supposed to be black... haha.

you can wait for supaflyjae to get off his neuspeed kit and maybe you can pick it up from him if he likes the CS... recycle reduce reuse the thing is that hes changing his setup up because of the very fact that they are too stiff for him... haha! decisions decisions.
v6_ccord_2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 13th, 2007, 07:33 AM   #7
Toyota/Honda Enthusiast

I'm in the same situation, I'm trying to get something with a nice drop. But I'm turned off by coiliovers. I would like a nice stiff spring that will lower the front atleast .3 more than the rear.

I was thinking Neuspeed Race springs... Anyone use these on their cars??

Sal
SableSal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 13th, 2007, 11:45 AM   #8
LaLaLaLa

Send a message via AIM to stupidaznmunkey
your car will be lowered and your brakes will cover the shock body, so im pretty sure you cant see the shock...hardly

see you cant really see it normally
stupidaznmunkey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 13th, 2007, 11:56 AM   #9
Toyota/Honda Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by supaflyjae
Sup Sal how you been man? I'm running those springs on my sedan... the drop is pretty big (if you don't remember how my car looked) and its firm alright haha. The drop is nice & even. If you do get the race springs or anything similar you definately should look into aftermarket shocks designed for lowering springs (or just get the supercup kit lol).
What is a supercup kit? Sorry for being such a n00b! I'm just new to Honda.

Also, can you post a pic of your car?

Sal
SableSal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 13th, 2007, 03:12 PM   #10

my dad is an aircraft mechanic that unfortunately knows alot about cars too lol. as soon as he changes my brake pads, he will see the koni yellows. i will try sanding down the paint and then painting them black to look OEM. who knows...if it's too much of a hassle, i'll just give in and buy the HFP's. the stance is going to look ugly, but my dad will be pleased to know that at least they're backed by a honda warranty lol.

supaflyjae - pm me if you ever decide to sell your koni's. i probably won't get to install them until mid or late summer.
Old April 13th, 2007, 06:39 PM   #11

I see three options.

1. Tell your dad that you're a grown-ass almost 21-year-old man and you can do what you want.
2. Go HPF.
3. Stay stock.
04V6Driver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in