Help with 05 AV6 coupe wheels - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD WHEELS, TIRES, & SUSPENSION DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 19th, 2007, 07:44 PM   #1

Help with 05 AV6 coupe wheels

Hello,
So I've been searching around here looking at some awesome wheels on some nice coupes, yet I'm still kinda lost as to what exactly is the best choice / size wheel and tire package for my black 2005 accord coupe v6 6spd. I live in CT and will change back to stock wheels in winter. I have stock 17's which are nice, but I would like to go to 19s if possible. What is the ideal size I should be looking for? What type of tire to match it? I'm new to this, so please have patience...Thanks in advance...
ejewels52 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 19th, 2007, 08:00 PM   #2
Adventure is out there!

Send a message via AIM to littletruong
well first off, did you want to still have a quick car? cuz 19s will slow your car down a lot! I have 20's right now and i dont race with them. Tires, well how much you willing to spend on tires first? if you got a budget get some nitto's or yokohoma or bfgoodrich. Wheels, well it all depends on what style you want. 19s are a nice size and you can still drop your car to make it look hawt! but most people on here have 18's or 19s! hope this helps
littletruong is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 19th, 2007, 08:38 PM   #3

yeah, that helped a lot..thanks...
so I would really notice a difference going up 2 inches to 19s? I'm not a racer, but I also dont want to slow my car down really...Don't they make lighter racing ones? and I'm looking to spend no more than 2k

Old April 19th, 2007, 09:10 PM   #4

Send a message via AIM to Synergy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejewels52
yeah, that helped a lot..thanks...
so I would really notice a difference going up 2 inches to 19s? I'm not a racer, but I also dont want to slow my car down really...Don't they make lighter racing ones? and I'm looking to spend no more than 2k
under 2k is easily done. and going from 17 > 19 will make it feel slower, but it's nothing extreme like you have to gas it twice as much lol
Synergy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 19th, 2007, 09:13 PM   #5

well what would slower be exactly...are we talking losing a whole second on a 0-60 time, or .3 seconds...I like the quickness of my car..and wouldn't want to be dissappointed...but i also love the looks..

I was looking at the Montegi FF7's...they seemed nice. It looks like I need a 19x7.5 or 19x8 size. I'm just unclear on what kind of tire to get...
Old April 20th, 2007, 01:04 AM   #6
OKGnism

Send a message via AIM to okgnism
yea. depends on speed. also what i notice we have a lot of wheel hop. so you might wanna try to get like 225 and see how those do.
okgnism is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 20th, 2007, 06:12 AM   #7

Have you lowered your car yet? A lowered car w/ 18" wheels looks real nice and many people can not see that big of a difference between 18 and 19 inches. I suggest 18" b/c than you will have the piece of mind that your car isn't slower and you get better ride quality. Go with Yokohama summer UHP tires! These tires stick real well and have very little slip shifting into 2nd and 3rd gear. I went with 225/45 tires and the comfort has been nice as well.

The motegi FF7's look cool. Good luck!
XPHYS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 20th, 2007, 07:00 AM   #8

Okay, so I went to tirerack.com, selected my car...and there aren't many possibilities in 18s or 19s. Do they just give one size for my car, but in reality i could get a wider selection of wheels? What is my stock size and what can I safely get? Any other online places that will ship with tires on and everything? Thanks in advance
Old April 21st, 2007, 01:48 AM   #9
Adventure is out there!

Send a message via AIM to littletruong
Quote:
Okay, so I went to tirerack.com, selected my car...and there aren't many possibilities in 18s or 19s. Do they just give one size for my car, but in reality i could get a wider selection of wheels? What is my stock size and what can I safely get? Any other online places that will ship with tires on and everything? Thanks in advance
8.5 would probably be the widest for our accords. dont click under what wheels is for the accord. Just look at whatever wheels you like. Find the right bolt pattern. and see if they have it in the size you like. if you have a 6spd accord right now your stock wheels are 17x7 i think. there's a lot of different brands of wheels out there so dont be scared to look around first.
littletruong is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 21st, 2007, 04:47 PM   #10
I feel da need 4 6-speeds

Send a message via ICQ to flyvtec Send a message via AIM to flyvtec Send a message via Yahoo to flyvtec
Quote:
The 6-speeds stock size is 17. The auto V6 is 16.

The site gives you sizes 17-19s. If you want to see 19s just filter on the size. I got my wheels and tires from Tirerack. I got the ASA AR2's 18x7.5 with 225/40/18 Bridgestone RE960 AS Pole Positions and got them installed today. Very happy with them. The ride is smooth and quiet. I have Koni/Comptech spings suspension.

Here are a few links that you can check out:

http://www.wheelnext.com/

http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/interactive.dos

My new shoes!

flyvtec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 22nd, 2007, 07:26 PM   #11
Doc
J35S004

Quote:
Hello,
So I've been searching around here looking at some awesome wheels on some nice coupes, yet I'm still kinda lost as to what exactly is the best choice / size wheel and tire package for my black 2005 accord coupe v6 6spd. I live in CT and will change back to stock wheels in winter. I have stock 17's which are nice, but I would like to go to 19s if possible. What is the ideal size I should be looking for? What type of tire to match it? I'm new to this, so please have patience...Thanks in advance...
I like the Enkei RPM2s. The 17" x 8" sized rim is
around 15lbs., substantially lighter than the OEM
17". Larger diameter rRPM2s should be lightweight
too. Theres a guy at a-zine with a 3rd gen TL
that he stripped about 400lbs of material off his
ride. He did a ton of research and determined this
rim was his best value for his project. A slammed
7th gen coupe with these rims and 235/45 tires
would look mean.

These guys have sets starting at around $1100.

edit: The TL guy actually got the RPF1 rims. Those are the real light ones with the 17"s starting at $1300 or so.

My bad.

Last edited by Doc; April 22nd, 2007 at 08:07 PM..
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 22nd, 2007, 08:26 PM   #12

Send a message via AIM to bagbklyn
Also I don't know if anyone said it but with larger rims you have to make wider turns. If you don't make a lot of your turns, or try to fit in to cramps spots you should be fine.
bagbklyn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 22nd, 2007, 09:36 PM   #13
Doc
J35S004

Enkei RPF1/Avon Tech M500 Bundle Price

I just priced a set of 15lb, 17" x 8" Enkei
rims mounted and balanced with Avon
Tech M500 235/45ZR17 tires and McGard
locking wheel nuts. Total cost, shipped
to Honolulu would be $1719. Tirerack.com

Hmmm...
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 22nd, 2007, 09:44 PM   #14

anyone have pics of those enkeis on a car?

they look pretty badass, and ive had enkeis on other rides and like their stuff, wouldnt mind stickin with it
Keiphus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in