Tein SS & Basic users...... - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD WHEELS, TIRES, & SUSPENSION DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 14th, 2007, 04:42 AM   #1
I Love my Honda ^_^

Tein SS & Basic users......

I need your opinions on which would be the closest to stock ride. The non-adjustable basics, or the ss on the softest setting. I'm looking for the closest to stock ride, but with a nice drop. I'm currently on h-tech springs, but I think I'm ready for an adjustable upgrade. I'm willing to pay more to get the ss if it rides softer than the basics. I researched the spring rates, and they're both the same. Thanks for your opinions. Much appreciated .
jgirl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 14th, 2007, 07:37 AM   #2
neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel

Send a message via AIM to implayaz9 Send a message via Yahoo to implayaz9
go with ss!.. this way u can change the dampening and choose ur type of ride..overall teins are very soft coilovers so both have a stock feel ride. they dont get very stiff. get te tein [email protected]
implayaz9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 14th, 2007, 02:07 PM   #3
I OWE benf656 MONEY

Closest to the stock quality is the SS or SS-P on medium stiffness but you gotta remember that the ride quality gets worst the more you drop the car. PM me for a good deal on them.

P.S. Never drive the coilovers on the softest setting, they will wear out very quick.
shon.nv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old May 14th, 2007, 03:45 PM   #4
hella flush

Send a message via AIM to lilfotoman
tein ss u want to be able to adjust your dampening ftw
lilfotoman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 14th, 2007, 04:46 PM   #5
I Love my Honda ^_^

thanks everyone for your input. i'm still open for opinions. anyone have any opinions on which one will ride softer, ss at the softest setting or basics. All i want is the softest ride.
Old May 14th, 2007, 06:37 PM   #6
I OWE benf656 MONEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgirl
thanks everyone for your input. i'm still open for opinions. anyone have any opinions on which one will ride softer, ss at the softest setting or basics. All i want is the softest ride.
SS or SS-P cause Basics dont have the dampening adjustment.
shon.nv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 14th, 2007, 07:47 PM   #7

Yeah, if you want the "softest ride", I would go with the SS's since you can adjust it like most of the members said... But I got the basics and they're are just my taste, I didnt like it bouncy, the basics are in the rough side, but its not unbearable, nobody notices a difference when they're in the car, its all in the driver ....

I couldn't justify spending $300 more for the adjustable dampering settings...thats just me..
DaRegulator is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 14th, 2007, 10:51 PM   #8
hella flush

to be honest both of them are about the same, just depending on how much u want to pay for it.
Old May 15th, 2007, 10:35 PM   #9
jin

Send a message via AIM to jin
i have the basics and its definitely a stiff ride. (but i love it!). i'd go with the SS/SS-ps if you want your ride closest to stock. but i can assure you...if u like the rough ride you'll like the basics.
jin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 16th, 2007, 12:59 AM   #10
hella flush

basics or SS both pretty soft. did u make up your mind? :]
Old May 16th, 2007, 04:39 AM   #11
yeaaaaaa

Send a message via AIM to neelio
i have basics, and i love em. i've never ridden in an accord with the ss so i wouldnt know which one was softer but yeah, the basics are pretty nice but also pretty rough on rough roads. but then again, i have 19" rims on rubber bands lol. if u got the money, just go ss?
neelio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 16th, 2007, 06:31 AM   #12
I Love my Honda ^_^

thanks everyone again! i'll prolly end up with the ss. the basics sound a little too rough for me =(. i hope to get pics up when it gets put in =).
Old May 16th, 2007, 07:54 AM   #13
Git-r-Done

Quote:
thanks everyone again! i'll prolly end up with the ss. the basics sound a little too rough for me =(. i hope to get pics up when it gets put in =).
My car is going in tonight to have ss-p, TL front sway bar installed, I will report back on how it feels... I figure I will start at middle settings for stiffness and see how that feels.
06 AV6 06MT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 16th, 2007, 12:05 PM   #14
7th Gen ACcord

just wondering, how much does tein SS goes for? im planning to get s-tech springs/koni shocks or kyb.
xjdMb16a2six is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 16th, 2007, 05:32 PM   #15
hella flush

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjdMb16a2six
just wondering, how much does tein SS goes for? im planning to get s-tech springs/koni shocks or kyb.
under a grand.
Old May 17th, 2007, 02:04 AM   #16
I Love my Honda ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06 AV6 06MT
My car is going in tonight to have ss-p, TL front sway bar installed, I will report back on how it feels... I figure I will start at middle settings for stiffness and see how that feels.
ohhh, yes! please let me/everyone know .
Old May 17th, 2007, 11:16 AM   #17
LaLaLaLa

Send a message via AIM to stupidaznmunkey
tein ss has the same spring rate as the s-techs, its up to the kind of shocks youre gonna want to get for the basics, or the softness setting you set the SS to

Quote:
Originally Posted by shon.nv
P.S. Never drive the coilovers on the softest setting, they will wear out very quick.
yeah they specifically state on tein coilover products that driving on full soft, that you will wear out the seals etc
stupidaznmunkey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 18th, 2007, 12:25 PM   #18
Git-r-Done

Quote:
ohhh, yes! please let me/everyone know .

Alright installed, dropped the front about 3 inches and rear about 2, bit lower than I wanted to go but thats ok (it wont settle anymore as they were used for about 10K miles). Alignment is done also with some slight negative camber in the rear, front to spec, used Ingalls Kits in the rear.

Dampener is set to 8, so right in the middle for softness and stiffness (though I have not personally checked this, thats where they said they put it) Havent drove but 20 miles so far and limited to the turns in the daily driving and getting stuck behind people. Keep in mind there are not many rough roads here in NC but there are parts that I drove on already and purposely hit the rough patches to see how it responded.

First thought, there seems to be considerable road noise, not from bumps or anything but just cruising in general, I can just hear wind and the tires making noise (maybe because I am closer to the ground and tires now). As for hitting dips on the highway, that car barely moves, it dampens out with a quickness, like a matter of a couple seconds. Who ever has used the term bouncy to describe how the suspension responds is crazy. When I hear something is bouncy, I think a bouncing ball that takes forever to dampen out, this is not the case, a few mere seconds and the coilovers have dampened out the bump or dip, which will cause a bit rougher ride in terms of comfort.

As for rough patches, you can def tell the difference, it is not punishing difference but you can tell how many bumps the wheel hit, where as before you would be like damn thats a rough patch, now you are like damn thats a rough patch with about 10 holes/divits in the blacktop

Overall it is a very comfortable ride at the middle setting, it is not stock but it is pretty close, on a scale of 1-10, 10 being stock, it is about a high 6 or 7. I will play with the settings over the next couple weeks to see what ratio works best front to back, any suggestions would be great!

I can now tell the stock tires from the TL wheels are the limiting factor as when I take turns hard you can feel the sidewall give and they squeak like a banshee Which they did not before the coilovers. That will be my next upgrade, but keep in mind I have a slight front rake with the height so more weight is put on the front wheels.

I dont have exp. with any other coilover company or system, this is my first suspension mod on any car so my comparision is very limited, I can just do stock and SS-P.

Last edited by 06 AV6 06MT; May 18th, 2007 at 12:31 PM..
06 AV6 06MT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 19th, 2007, 10:03 AM   #19

good to know that! congratulations. i guess you're too low to my likings and this is why all the noise and rough ride are coming from because they should ride better than stock on normal roads while cruising.

i bought brand new ss-p (haven't opened the box yet) but since i read jobata's flex install i decided to purchase them instead (because my rear wide and fat tires won't drop 1.7" without rubbing the fender) so i bought the flex and looking to get rid of the ss-p, if anyone is interested, pm me!
Cups is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 29th, 2007, 02:43 PM   #20
honda tech75

Send a message via AIM to juan gonzalez
cant u buy the the basic dampner coil overs then order the standardized coils from them with a softer spring rate if u want a softer ride? it still be cheaper than the ssdampners.
juan gonzalez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 2nd, 2007, 02:27 AM   #21

fyi....tein basic = tein ss/ss-p on middle stiffness setting. same spring rates and everything too.
iVTECaddict is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in