Damn camber kits! HELP! - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD WHEELS, TIRES, & SUSPENSION DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 25th, 2007, 11:23 PM   #1
Toyota/Honda Enthusiast

Damn camber kits! HELP!

Has anyone ever had this issue with the Ingalls camber kit?

If you don't see the issue... Here's a clearer pic...

The wide spacers are suppose to be on one, and the short spacers on the other. As you can see, I got two left handed short spacers and two right handed wide spacers.

I'm planning on returning this kit. It was only the one kit that had the issue. The other kit is good and on the car.

Anyhow, lemme know if anyone has had this issue...

Sal
SableSal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 25th, 2007, 11:27 PM   #2
neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel

Send a message via AIM to implayaz9 Send a message via Yahoo to implayaz9
its funny kinda off topic but problem with same produc..t cause my bro just got his installed and went to alignment shop and they told him it the wrong camber kit.. supposively they didnt wanna touch it or something in terms of they wont be able to adjust the camber to factory specs...
implayaz9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 25th, 2007, 11:34 PM   #3
M

i'm not sure... but can't you take off the circle part and put it on the other rod? cuz when i got my ingalls rear camber kit, it came all apart and the shop that installed it, put the camber kit together...

here's a pic of how i got mine:
imnotmatt1189 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old June 25th, 2007, 11:56 PM   #4
Adventure is out there!

Send a message via AIM to littletruong
im having a problem also but not with that, for some reason on my ingalls, the camber links with the silver nuts don't screw into the short and long pipes. Any one have this problem??? I need some help!
littletruong is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 26th, 2007, 12:46 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by littletruong
im having a problem also but not with that, for some reason on my ingalls, the camber links with the silver nuts don't screw into the short and long pipes. Any one have this problem??? I need some help!
Yes, Thien and I actually had that problem... what we did was just take them all out from scratch and did it over again until it fit... but the key thing to know is that each bar has ONE silver end and the other has ONE black end...

Btw, the longer pole replaces the one closest to the rear of your car, I believe that is the camber..and the shorter one goes to the one closest to the front of the car, that should be the toe... unless I mixed them up, which is possible ... But Im sure of the order..
DaRegulator is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 26th, 2007, 12:57 AM   #6
Adventure is out there!

Send a message via AIM to littletruong
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRegulator
Yes, Thien and I actually had that problem... what we did was just take them all out from scratch and did it over again until it fit... but the key thing to know is that each bar has ONE silver end and the other has ONE black end...

Btw, the longer pole replaces the one closest to the rear of your car, I believe that is the camber..and the shorter one goes to the one closest to the front of the car, that should be the toe... unless I mixed them up, which is possible ... But Im sure of the order..

i tried, but for some reason...its still not working..

it seems like the thread on the two camber links with the silver nuts don't fit into the short and long tubes....I'm getting pissed!!!!
littletruong is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 26th, 2007, 02:45 AM   #7

This is why Ingalls need to assemble the kits before shipping them out so they know if they're making any mistakes.

I got mine a few days ago and installed with no problems thought.

Unfortunately looks like you'll have to return that one.
Cups is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 26th, 2007, 09:02 AM   #8
Toyota/Honda Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cups
This is why Ingalls need to assemble the kits before shipping them out so they know if they're making any mistakes.

I got mine a few days ago and installed with no problems thought.

Unfortunately looks like you'll have to return that one.
Yup that is the case unfortunetly. I e-mailed the ebay company that I bought them though, hopefully they send me one out ASAP!

Damn Ingalls! (Although don't get me wrong... AWESOME PRODUCT!)

BTW, I'm without a car til this kit comes int...

Sal
Old June 28th, 2007, 06:06 PM   #9
Toyota/Honda Enthusiast

UPDATE!

I called over at Ingalls Engineering and they are taking care of me 100%. Although I am paying for expedited shipping for the shipping of the good parts back to me.

Just wanted to let you guys know, if you need help with this, call Todd over at Ingalls @
1-800-641-9795

They are good people, and will get you all taken care of.

Sal
Old July 5th, 2007, 07:53 PM   #10

i got a question, do you have to install the camber kit along with the lowering springs or is it optional?
yahookendogg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 5th, 2007, 10:27 PM   #11
Toyota/Honda Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahookendogg
i got a question, do you have to install the camber kit along with the lowering springs or is it optional?
It's required unless you wanna go through like 4 sets of tires a year

You NEED the rears, I was still within specs on the front. Plus, I like a little camber in the front

Sal
Old July 6th, 2007, 12:47 PM   #12

wait...whats the problem with these camber kits? i think mine came like that too, but it fit fine...each side takes 1 long and 1 short and the wide ends are the side of the rotors while the not so wide ends go on the car side... hrm... am i mistaken?
asnstyle22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 6th, 2007, 01:31 PM   #13
Toyota/Honda Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by asnstyle22
wait...whats the problem with these camber kits? i think mine came like that too, but it fit fine...each side takes 1 long and 1 short and the wide ends are the side of the rotors while the not so wide ends go on the car side... hrm... am i mistaken?
You are correct. But instead of me having the wide ends on one side and the "not so wide" ends are on the other, I had them mix matched.

If you installed it the way you stated, you are correct. The long bar is closest to the rear, the short bar is closest to the front of the car.

Sal
Old July 8th, 2007, 05:08 PM   #14

Here are a couple of pics that might help... Im pretty sure when we took all of the screws apart, we had one wide and one short for each side...

>>DRIVER REAR<<

Notice both have ONE black and ONE silver end.

It is confirmed the longer one is the "toe" or the one closest to the back, this is the pic of the camber, which is the one closer to the front.

>>PASSANGER REAR <<
DaRegulator is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 9th, 2007, 04:10 AM   #15

Each arm takes 1 black and 1 silver. But each takes the same size spacers (1 arm with wide spacers and 1 arm with short spacers). I think you're mixing this a bit.

Here is the diagram from the installation manual:

[IMG][/IMG]
Cups is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 30th, 2008, 09:54 PM   #16

i know this thread is about a year old; however... by looking at the pictures, it looks like there is a total of four bars. the kit i purchased came with two bars. does this mean i need to order it again to get two more bars?
JDMMonkeyTuning is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 30th, 2008, 09:56 PM   #17
central Cali accords

Send a message via AIM to mista jc
^ I believe one is for camber adjustment and the other is for toe adjustment.
mista jc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 30th, 2008, 10:32 PM   #18
Brad

Send a message via AIM to bdeitemeyer
Wow the 7th gen Ingalls camber kits are so much easier to work with compared to the 6th gens'. I'm jealous...
bdeitemeyer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 1st, 2008, 03:29 AM   #19
M90SC Boosting 13PSI

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMMonkeyTuning View Post
i know this thread is about a year old; however... by looking at the pictures, it looks like there is a total of four bars. the kit i purchased came with two bars. does this mean i need to order it again to get two more bars?
The kit should have come with 4 links, two per side, if it did not then yes you are short a set.
NVA-AV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 1st, 2008, 08:29 AM   #20

alright, thanks... i ordered another set.
JDMMonkeyTuning is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 1st, 2008, 10:45 AM   #21
MADE IN THE PHILIPPINES

i told you guys a few years back that SPC adjustables are the way to go. But noooo, you guys said that Ingalls were the best. lol.
aV6Pinoy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 26th, 2010, 11:52 AM   #22

Send a message via AIM to johnb35711
Thread from the dead.

I'll be installing this kit and debating having a shop do it. It looks easy, just don't want my wheels falling off on my way to get an alignment.

Any advice?
johnb35711 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 26th, 2010, 12:14 PM   #23
Tee-Ooh-Double-Dee

Your wheels won't fall out, but you will feel the car wandering all over the road, so just take it slow and have them adjust them correctly, but IMO it's a very easy install to do yourself.
Accordian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 26th, 2010, 12:19 PM   #24

Send a message via AIM to johnb35711
Okay thanks. Also, should i adjust the arms to the same length as the stock arms to make it to get an alignment?
johnb35711 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 26th, 2010, 12:26 PM   #25
M![email protected] \_(ツ)_/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accordian View Post
Your wheels won't fall out, but you will feel the car wandering all over the road, so just take it slow and have them adjust them correctly, but IMO it's a very easy install to do yourself.
the install is fairly simple. Go to EliteCM.net (sorry V6P members ); they have a really good write up on how to install...

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnb35711 View Post
Okay thanks. Also, should i adjust the arms to the same length as the stock arms to make it to get an alignment?
Yes. I suggest using the stock bolts and camber arms (while off the car, of course) to try and match the camber arm lengths. It will still be off just a little. And like Accordian said, you'll car will drift/slide all over the place. After I had mines installed, the tires squealed and the rear end had a slight "fish tail"... take it slow no doubt. After the alignment, should be like butter . GL!!
HEcreated487 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 26th, 2010, 03:35 PM   #26
Honda Tech

I did this myself and my cam eccentric bolts were actually seized in the rubber of the stock arms. I ended up getting new bolts from Honda and had to cut the stock ones out. You'll be fine to get to the alignment shop, but as you mentioned and HEcreated487 suggested, definitely try to line up the arms to stock
Matt04V6EX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 8th, 2010, 04:07 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt04V6EX View Post
I did this myself and my cam eccentric bolts were actually seized in the rubber of the stock arms. I ended up getting new bolts from Honda and had to cut the stock ones out. You'll be fine to get to the alignment shop, but as you mentioned and HEcreated487 suggested, definitely try to line up the arms to stock
+1,

Those Effing camber bolts... mine are seized in the bushings too!!! I got the HFP suspension in and did the center lower links, but could not for the life of me do the rears... looks like i'm going to have to cut them off and buy new ones too!!!
richpor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in