Front Squeeking... Suspension... - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD WHEELS, TIRES, & SUSPENSION DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 1st, 2007, 11:30 AM   #1

Front Squeeking... Suspension...

I'm getting this squeaking noise every time I hit a slight pothole or bump on the road. Sometimes I hear the squeak coming from my drivers front wheel and the other times it will come from the passengers side wheel. Living in NYC does not help at all there is not one time when I drive my car that I don't notice this squeak. I don't know much about suspension. Is there anything that I can lube myself to see if it will eliminate the squeak? I need to know what to buy and what exactly to lubricate.
Thanks in advanced,
Adam

BTW ::
I own a 2003 v6 Honda Accord EX with 19,000 Miles...
drive4fun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 2nd, 2007, 12:54 AM   #2
you gotta rub to dub!

Send a message via AIM to relentless
18 views and no one helps?

Here's my suggestion. Look at the suspension and see if the rubber wrap around the springs are coming apart. Do this if you're not lowered. If they are coming apart then that MAY be the source of the squeek. Quick fix, jack up the car and WD-40 the springs.
Thats the only thing I can think of.

Damn I wish I had 19,000 miles on my 2003!!
relentless is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 2nd, 2007, 05:57 AM   #3
M90SC Boosting 13PSI

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive4fun
I'm getting this squeaking noise every time I hit a slight pothole or bump on the road. Sometimes I hear the squeak coming from my drivers front wheel and the other times it will come from the passengers side wheel. Living in NYC does not help at all there is not one time when I drive my car that I don't notice this squeak. I don't know much about suspension. Is there anything that I can lube myself to see if it will eliminate the squeak? I need to know what to buy and what exactly to lubricate.
Thanks in advanced,
Adam

BTW ::
I own a 2003 v6 Honda Accord EX with 19,000 Miles...
The problem is that there are so many different parts that could be causing the squeaking noise, unfortunatly the best thing is to get the front up off the ground, pull the front tires and first to a visual inspection of all joints ,bushings, springs, struts and look for obvious sighns of wear, discolored metal, ripping bushings, missing spring isolation rubber, bushing/joint play, ect.., sorry I can't be more specific as to what part to look at, but I have seen front end squeaks caused by damn near all front end parts, from a dry sway bar busing, to a bad ball joint, to a ripping/worn lower control arm bushing.
NVA-AV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old July 2nd, 2007, 06:33 AM   #4
-Brian

Send a message via AIM to NexsoN
My squeaking came from a loose linkage bar, it couldn't be tightened so it had to be cutout and a new one installed, fixed the problem
NexsoN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 2nd, 2007, 06:57 AM   #5

Thanks for the feedbacks I will lift the car off the ground and take a look and see if I can spot anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentless
18 views and no one helps?

Here's my suggestion. Look at the suspension and see if the rubber wrap around the springs are coming apart. Do this if you're not lowered. If they are coming apart then that MAY be the source of the squeek. Quick fix, jack up the car and WD-40 the springs.
Thats the only thing I can think of.

Damn I wish I had 19,000 miles on my 2003!!

Are you sure you can spray the suspension components with WD-40? I've heard stories of plastic parts getting dry and then cracking which was caused by the WD-40. Any other type of lubricant I should use? Will a little WD-40 at the bottom and top of the springs do any damage?
drive4fun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 2nd, 2007, 07:22 AM   #6
M90SC Boosting 13PSI

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive4fun
Thanks for the feedbacks I will lift the car off the ground and take a look and see if I can spot anything.

Are you sure you can spray the suspension components with WD-40? I've heard stories of plastic parts getting dry and then cracking which was caused by the WD-40. Any other type of lubricant I should use? Will a little WD-40 at the bottom and top of the springs do any damage?
I have never had any problems with using it sparingly and only of the rubber parts, not the plastic parts( ABS sensor, connectors).
Old July 2nd, 2007, 09:33 AM   #7
Git-r-Done

Mine is squeaking like crazy after installing the coilovers and front sway bar when going over speed bumps. Though it only does this after the car has been sitting for awhile, or that the car has gotten wet from driving in rain. I have a funny feeling they didnt put lithium grease on the sway bar bushings.

What else could it be if that doesnt solve the problem?
06 AV6 06MT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 2nd, 2007, 10:21 AM   #8
M90SC Boosting 13PSI

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06 AV6 06MT
Mine is squeaking like crazy after installing the coilovers and front sway bar when going over speed bumps. Though it only does this after the car has been sitting for awhile, or that the car has gotten wet from driving in rain. I have a funny feeling they didnt put lithium grease on the sway bar bushings.

What else could it be if that doesnt solve the problem?
Check the spring isolation rubbers (top and bottom), and the sway bar end links.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in