I need help with suspension mods... - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD WHEELS, TIRES, & SUSPENSION DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 5th, 2007, 09:20 PM   #1

I need help with suspension mods...

ok, i just ordered DF210 tanabe lowering springs for my 04' V6 coupe. first of all, i don't know much about suspension components. I hear all this talk about getting camber kits and also, some suspension setup doesn't require camber kits. I need someone to clarify this camber kit thing, cuz it's really expensive to get these kits. do you have to get the camber kit if your getting lowering springs? thanks.
yahookendogg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 5th, 2007, 11:15 PM   #2
b20vem1

it really depends on how low you go on your accord. but for sure since you have springs you should definetly get shocks. camber kits confuse me too but as long as you dont really turn fast.
CG_TypeR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 5th, 2007, 11:19 PM   #3

df210, i highly recommended camber kit, df210 is the lowest drop, it's 2.0+ inches.
$ilverbullet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old July 5th, 2007, 11:20 PM   #4
I feel da need 4 6-speeds

Send a message via ICQ to flyvtec Send a message via AIM to flyvtec Send a message via Yahoo to flyvtec
from my personal experience ... i recommend getting a rear camber adjuster. when i installed my comptech springs, comptech rear sway bar and koni shocks, my spc rear camber adjuster helped in fixing my rear tires not to look like this --- > / \ ...
flyvtec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 6th, 2007, 02:43 AM   #5
hella flush

Send a message via AIM to lilfotoman
depending on how low u drop.
lilfotoman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 6th, 2007, 10:45 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyvtec
from my personal experience ... i recommend getting a rear camber adjuster. when i installed my comptech springs, comptech rear sway bar and koni shocks, my spc rear camber adjuster helped in fixing my rear tires not to look like this --- > / \ ...
so the rears mostly have camber issues? not the fronts? whts the best camber kits available? i've heard of ingall and spc so far. thanks.
Old July 6th, 2007, 10:48 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilfotoman
depending on how low u drop.
according to the specs, it says 2 inch front and around 1.8 rears. maybe i should talked to a honda dealership if it affects the cambers? but it probably does.
Old July 6th, 2007, 02:23 PM   #8
I feel da need 4 6-speeds

Send a message via ICQ to flyvtec Send a message via AIM to flyvtec Send a message via Yahoo to flyvtec
Quote:
Originally Posted by yahookendogg
so the rears mostly have camber issues? not the fronts? whts the best camber kits available? i've heard of ingall and spc so far. thanks.
in my case, yes. i got a 4-wheel alignment after my spc rear camber adjuster was put on and everything looks good.
flyvtec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 6th, 2007, 04:55 PM   #9
M

go to firestone tire for alignment cuz you can get a lifetime alignment program for like $170.
imnotmatt1189 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 6th, 2007, 08:34 PM   #10

Send a message via AIM to Knale
Again it all depends on how low you go. If it is in fact a 2" drop, then you will need a camber kit on the back at least. From what I understand, our cars can go fairly low in the front withouth the need of a camber kit. I am on Eibach Pro Kit and Konis on middle perch. A 4 wheel alignment got me back to stock specs without a camber kit. My set up only dropped me 1.5" in front and about an inch in the rear though.
Knale is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 7th, 2007, 10:40 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knale
Again it all depends on how low you go. If it is in fact a 2" drop, then you will need a camber kit on the back at least. From what I understand, our cars can go fairly low in the front withouth the need of a camber kit. I am on Eibach Pro Kit and Konis on middle perch. A 4 wheel alignment got me back to stock specs without a camber kit. My set up only dropped me 1.5" in front and about an inch in the rear though.
hey i looked at your ride and i really like that drop. maybe i should just resell my tanabe springs and get the one u got. is there a big difference in suspension specs for 06' and 04's? i don't want to spend too much on camber kits.
Old July 7th, 2007, 10:53 AM   #12
Bobby Lane Racing

camber kits are cheap. and you will regret it if you dont get a set of rear camber kit... how else will you get your allignment done without adjusting rear camber with a drop.
nighthawk04v6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 7th, 2007, 04:17 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk04v6
camber kits are cheap. and you will regret it if you dont get a set of rear camber kit... how else will you get your allignment done without adjusting rear camber with a drop.
If he keeps the Tanabe setup, I agree, he will need a camber kit. If he decides to go with a milder drop (anything less than an inch in the back) he will probably not need it. My ProKit/Koni setup aligned easily back into spec without a camber kit.
Old July 7th, 2007, 04:20 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahookendogg
hey i looked at your ride and i really like that drop. maybe i should just resell my tanabe springs and get the one u got. is there a big difference in suspension specs for 06' and 04's? i don't want to spend too much on camber kits.
I looked at the site where I bought the Eibachs... Same exact part number for the O4' and 06'. Basically same car with minor changes. Probably same result.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in