Q's about rear camber? - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD WHEELS, TIRES, & SUSPENSION DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 30th, 2007, 12:45 PM   #1
Mark G.

Send a message via AIM to jobata23
Q's about rear camber?

To all camber guru's out there, When getting an alignment is it good to set the rear camber to 0, instead of the factory -1 and is there some benefit on that desired setting? and setting it to camber 0 will it wear the rear tire quicker?

I know one negative effect would be in handling, and positive side on it will be on the appearance on the car. Btw i have ingalls rear camber kit.

thanks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by jobata23; July 30th, 2007 at 02:05 PM..
jobata23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 30th, 2007, 01:06 PM   #2
DV8
Hella Functional

Send a message via ICQ to DV8 Send a message via AIM to DV8 Send a message via MSN to DV8
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobata23
To all camber guru's out there, When getting an alignment is it good to set the rear camber to 0, instead of the factory -1 and is there some benefit on that desired setting? and setting it to camber 0 will it wear the rear tire quicker?

I know one negative effect would be in handling, and positive side on it will be on the appearance on the car.

thanks!
I have -1.5 and -1.3 on my rear camber. I've been running aroung 8000 miles so far, and no significant camber wear.

With a -1 camber setting, u'll have better cornering ability, but nothing really significant. Just leave it as it is, no reason to really mess with it.
DV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 30th, 2007, 08:59 PM   #3
Mark G.

Send a message via AIM to jobata23
any1 else out there has more input? c'mon guys! this aint no newb question
jobata23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old July 30th, 2007, 10:22 PM   #4
mog

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobata23
any1 else out there has more input? c'mon guys! this aint no newb question
Funny this thread came up. I just had a alignment done again this weekend. My car has been having handling issues. So with my free firestone lifetime alignment, i have been experimenting with various settings. I too had ingalls camber installed but when i did, i had the rear camber set to back to stock specs of -1.0 or -1.5. The handling suffered. Didnt turn as fast. I went and had my rear camber set to -2.0degree. They actually set it to -2.1 for some reason. The car turns alot better now. I have HFP suspension and the rear camber spec for HFP is -2.0 +/- .33 degree i believe. So you are OK.

Oh and I've ran -2yish rear camber drop before for awhile and didnt notice much more wear in tire. The HFP drop itself will reduce the rear camber to -2yish. Just make sure u rotate your tires every 5000miles. I will monitor my tires more frequently now for wear again...

As more my other alignment settings, I decided to try these:

Front Toe-Out: -0.04" or -1mm (spec is 0 +/-0.08") or ( 0 +/- 2mm)
Rear Toe-In: +0.08" or 2mm ( spec is 0.08" +/-0.08") or (2mm +/-2mm)

Maybe others with experience with adjust the toe can chime in on the optimal settings for them for performance. My car doesnt track the road to well and wanders around so i decided to mess around with the front toe. I also have a lot of bump steer.
mog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in