Accord V6 Forum banner

Extensive list of suspension choices

105K views 324 replies 200 participants last post by  Jpantoja18 
#1 · (Edited)
(Originally posted at www.gen7accord.com)

Ok, so in my quest for shopping around for suspension stuff, camber kits, and all the goods that go with it, I’ve compiled a pretty extensive list of companies and kits out there that are made for our cars that I figured I’d share if anyone wants to use it as a shopping tool. No joke, I probably have 50+ car parts sites bookmarked, so if anyone needs any help finding something, just let me know since I’ve compiled a “master book” of available parts for the gen 7 from strut bars to intakes to headlights, etc.. Below is what I’ve found to be made for our cars when it comes to coilover kits, shocks, and custom packages, along with basic features of each item, and links to sites that I’ve found with the lowest prices on the web. Mind you, some of the prices do seem too low so they may be either really outdated pages or totally wrong, so just use it as a reference and make sure you do your research before your hit “send to cart”. Also make note, I’ve only really searched for suspension stuff for my i4 sedan, so you v6 coupe people may have even more stuff available than what shows up here, and suspension parts for the Acura TSX are cross-compatible as well. So enjoy. Oh, and feel free to add or correct/edit anything on here so we can make it a good reference tool.

Full Coilover Kits:

Tein Basic
(height adjustable, no damping adjustment, no pillow-ball upper mounts)
$675 @ www.optionimports.com
Tein SS
(height adjustable, 16-level damping adjustment, no pillow-ball upper mounts)
$880 @ www.tornactive.com
Tein SS-P
(height adjustable, 16-level damping adjustment, with pillow-ball upper mounts for more precise & increased handling)
$1,129 @ www.tornactive.com
Tein Flex
(height adjustable, spring preload adjustable, 16-level damping adjustment, with pillow-ball upper mounts, particularly made for the Acura TSX but fits the Accord too)
$1,332 @ www.optionimports.com
Tein Comfort Sport "CS"
(height adjustable, 16-level damping adjustment, with pillow-ball upper mounts, increased ride comfort and noise proofing using hard rubber upper mounts, particularly made for the Acura TSX but fits the Accord too)
$1,480 @ www.tein.com
Tein EDFC (Electronic Damping Force Controller)
(In-car controller unit that allows for damping adjustment from inside the car on any Tein coilover system that comes with pillow-ball upper mounts, newer v2 recently released)
$350 @ www.inlinefour.com
K-Sport Kontrol Pro Coilover Kit
(height adjustable, 36-level damping adjustment, with pillow-ball upper mounts, same company that makes D2)
$845 @ www.ultrarev.com
K-Sport Version RR Coilover Kit
(“race use only”)
$1,056 @ www.ultrarev.com
Tanabe Sustec Pro S-OC Type II Coilover Kit
(height adjustment only)
$765 @ www.optionimports.com
Tanabe Sustec Pro S-OC Coilover Kit
(height adjustment only, with added smaller springs for finer adjustment)
$945 @ www.optionimports.com
D2 Racing Sports RS Coilover kit
(height adjustable, 36-level damping adjustment, with pillow-ball upper mounts, same company that makes K-Sport)
$839 @ www.hopupracing.com
H&R Coilover Kit
(only height adjustable?)
$1,000 @ www.optionimports.com
Megan Racing Street Series Coilover Kit
(height adjustable, 32-level damping adjustment, includes pillow-ball upper mounts, same company that makes A'pexi N1)
$745 @ www.mtfujimotorsports.com
Omni Power Coilover Kit
(height adjustable, no damping adjustment, street and sport versions)
$685 @ www.iapdirect.com
KW Suspension Variant 1 Coilover Kit
(height adjustment only)
$1,389 @ www.horsepowerfreaks.com
Function and Form Autolife Type I Coilover Kit
(height adjustable, 24-level damping adjustment, includes pillow-ball upper mounts, custom spring rates available)
$? @ www.f2autolife.com
Buddy Club N+ Spec Coilover Kit
(height adjustable, 15-level damping adjustment, with pillow-ball upper mounts, particularly made for the Acura TSX but fits the Accord too)
$1,062 @ www.optionimports.com
T1R B-Max Coilover Kit
(height adjustable, 4-way damping adjustment, stroke adjustable, specifically made for the '03-'05 UC1 "Inspire"?)
$1,454 @ www.aj-racing.com
Honda Factory Performance "HFP" Coilover Kit
(OEM Honda product, reduces ride height by 1 inch, not height adjustable, no damping adjustment, no pillow-ball upper mounts, factory specs, recommended for the V6, discontinued by Honda?)
$600 @ most Honda dealerships

Sleeve-Type Coilover Kits:

(the cheaper alternative to real coilovers, more or less all height adjustable, used with either stock or aftermarket shocks, but preferably aftermarket)
Ground Control Coilovers
$347 @ www.nopionline.com
#1 Silver Series Coilover Kit
$80 @ www.nopionline.com
#1 Yellow Series Coilover Kit
$86 @ www.nopionline.com
NRG Sleeve-Type Coilover Kit
$100 @ www.horsepowerfreaks.com
K2 Motor Sleeve-Type Coilover Kit
$100 @ http://yhst-5006790027353.stores.yahoo.net/co-acd03cm.html

Aftermarket Shock Absorbers:

Koni Sport "Yellow" Shocks
(the preferred shock absorber of choice here, whether coupled with oem or aftermarket springs, easy external damper adjustment, slightly height adjustable perches at +/- .56”)
$599 for full set @ www.iapdirect.com (can also be bought individually)
Eibach Pro-Dampers
(better shock absorber than stock, no adjustment at all)
$318 for full set @ www.sportcompactonly.com
KYB GR-2 Twin-Tube Shocks
(better shock absorber than stock, and no adjustment at all, gas)
$68 each @ www.performancecenter.com
Tokico HP "Blue" Shocks
(an upgrade from stock, but again no adjustment at all, recommended for the V6 coupe)
$274 for full set @ www.racinglab.com
Tokico D-Spec “HTS” Shocks
(also an upgrade from stock, and offer “extra wide range” 16-level damping adjustment, recommended for the V6 coupe)
$610 for full set @ www.autocarparts.com

Mixed & Matched Shock/Spring Combos:

Koni Super Cup Kit
(really popular setup for the price with Koni Yellow shocks and Neuspeed springs)
$599 @ www.tornactive.com
$745 @ www.shox.com for Koni Yellow shocks combined with Eibach Pro-Kit springs
Eibach Pro-System
(Eibach Pro-Damper shocks and Pro-Kit springs)
$561 @ www.autocarparts.com

Lowering Springs:

Way too many to list, but Neuspeed, Tein, Eibach, H&R, and Tanabe come to mind among the many. Combine with your choice of shock absorber for your preferred comfort level and drop.

In addition to creating this as a resource, I also did it to gauge general interest as to why more people on here haven’t tried more setups than just Tein, Koni, and K-Sport. We apparently have Tanabe, D2, H&R, and more coilover kits, and also plenty of stuff like Eibach kits and endless amounts of shock/spring combos. Anyone else branched off and tried any of the less popular ones and have any impressions?? Can you tell I’m asking because I’m planning on ordering my drop and camber kit soon and just want one final sweep of opinions before I whip out my Visa. Thanks in advance for any input.

See less See more
#15 ·
Sup Justin? I feel like an idiot that I forgot the HFP kit! All fixed. If you need any info on sways, strut bars, etc., lemme know because I have all of that stuff saved too.

Original post updated with info on a couple more options available thanks to input from other members.

TRUV6 said:
looks like you spent a lot of time researching
That I did.

6spNaviRacer said:
Any reason why the 2 shocks tokico offer are not listed?
I have the Tokico HPs (Blues) listed since they're recommended for the V6. I don't think the Illuminas (I think those are the other ones) have an application for the '03+ Accords.

#12 ·
looks like you spent a lot of time researching, you remind me of my friend who spent months researching and ended up getting $1200.00 KTS's for his 240 coupe...I have Koni Yellow's with Ground Control coilovers...they go pretty low, not sure about 7th gens, but on my 6th gen it's low...

imo, get full coilovers, they will never dissapoint you..

#16 ·
which ones are the best buck for the money and gives a smooth ride?
the tanabe, tein or eibach or if there is somethin better pls tell me and if any pics of how the car would look after the lower... i jus have tein springs and it lowered about 2 inchs back and front wit 19s on

#20 ·
just do a search for supercup kit pics, there are a million of them. At the lowest setting you should be very close to tucking your tires, I have mine set on the second lowest perch up front and the middle perch in the back and it has a nice aggressive look to it and I have no clearance problems...to view mine you can just go to the members gallery

#29 ·
Most of the sites are pretty good, although some such as tornactive don't seem to carry parts for the Accord anymore even though at the time they had the best prices. That's why in the first paragraph I made note that some of the sites might be outdated, so just check first before you committ to buying anything. Nevertheless, it seems as though optionimports, ultrarev, iapdirect and nopi have some of the best deals right now. I ordered my Teins from optionimports because they offer free shipping on a few popular brands (saved me $75 in shipping from Cali. to RI!).

#31 ·
neuspeed has a lock on the prices of the supercup kits. the only place that sells them for a good price is neuspeed at $599. when you think about it you are basically paying for the shocks and they are throwing in some springs for free. i don't think anywhere on the net can beat this price for the supercup kits.

#32 ·
So if anyone could provide more input for me.

In regards to the TSX and Accord coilovers, are the coilovers compatible for all newer model accords?
I researched a few sites, and shocks all come up the same part number, but springs are a bit different. I'd assume it's just a spring rate difference based on the fact a V6 sedan is heavier than the 4 cyl TSX?

Basically, I'd love to throw on a set of buddyclub coilovers on my Accord V6 providing it'll work. I had them on my TSX and loved the ride.

Any input would be appreciated.

#33 ·
I'm not too sure how good a spring/shock combo made for a 4-cylinder engine would be for a V6 but I also don't know how much the TSX weighs. Springs made for the i4 Accord are softer because the i4 engine weighs less, and on the flip the V6 springs are stiffer because the V6 engine is heavier. People have said that this results in an i4 having less of a drop if you use V6 springs since they are made to handle more weight. You'd probably have to find the curb weight of the TSX and then judge from there.