HFP suspension - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD WHEELS, TIRES, & SUSPENSION DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 10th, 2007, 06:30 PM   #1

HFP suspension

i searched and whatnot.

couple of questions guys

1. trying to get a subtle drop that the parents wwould NOT notice but still be visually nice and noticeable to car enthusiasts. i know the HFP drop gives you about a 1" drop all around so it's probably the most subtle apart from coilovers which youc an adjust yourself correct? my parents would kill me if they knew the car was dropped- they pay the bills on it and a lot of other reasons i wont get into.

2. im buying the suspension used with less than 20,000 miles on it. is that a bad thing? suspension is a prettyyy important part of a car so i wanted to be sure that this isnt one of those situations where a new product would be better.
ilovepoker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 12th, 2007, 02:08 AM   #2

Honest opinion: If you have your parents paying your car note and want to spend money on the car, give it to them to put towards the car note. They might be a little bit more understanding if you want to modify it after they realize that you're not just in it for a free ride.

Even with an awesome interest rate, you're asking them to spend more money than they have to.
k.heiner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 12th, 2007, 03:03 AM   #3
Formerly EPS Sniper

Send a message via AIM to ATX 6Speed
1) I have the HFP suspension and it is very factory looking (in a good way). It looks like the car came like that from the factory. I have about a 2-3 finger gap in the front and a half finger gap in the rear.

2) Honda stuff is made to last a while. By the time you have to worry about wear and tear, you will have probably sold the car or be at a point in your life where an even better suspension is an option.
ATX 6Speed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old September 13th, 2007, 05:41 PM   #4
sedans=awesome

will the hfp fit my 2006 accord sedan? i am sure this has been answered before but i must have missed it
trojanhorse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 13th, 2007, 06:20 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by trojanhorse View Post
will the hfp fit my 2006 accord sedan? i am sure this has been answered before but i must have missed it
or maybe you can search?
ilovepoker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 13th, 2007, 08:51 PM   #6
Formerly EPS Sniper

Send a message via AIM to ATX 6Speed
The HFP suspension will fit any 03-07 Accord V6 Coupe or Sedan, manual or automatic. For the 4 cylinder vehicles I would recommend another option. Sometimes it's easier to answer the question than to tell them to search.
ATX 6Speed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 13th, 2007, 10:53 PM   #7
Very Inspired

Send a message via AIM to haiyter
if yoru buying used suspensions, it doesnt matter how many miles they put in it. in fact, for all you know they could have just lied to you and you would just have to take their word for it and you dont even know their driving habits as well. just their word
haiyter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 14th, 2007, 11:36 AM   #8
get'cha roll on...

Send a message via AIM to v6SicksSpeed
they def wont notice the drop, but im torn on the issue

on one hand - if something ever happened and you need to fess up on the upgraded suspension, they're gonna be pissed (from what it sounds like). moreso pissed that you did it behind their back

on the other hand - after 25 years, if found that its MUCH easier to ask for forgiveness, than it is to ask for permission

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
v6SicksSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 14th, 2007, 01:13 PM   #9
sedans=awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovepoker View Post
or maybe you can search?
i didnt mean to upset you on the other thread. you are right i do not know your situations, all i was saying is dont complain about it. hey if they are dumb enough to try and add that much onto a car for a customer who has already bought cars there then they lose your business. idk where you're located, but if anywhere near buffalo ny ill get you a great deal on one, i used to work at a honda dealership for a couple years. And as for my question, I could search, but being in grad school and working doens't allow me much time to search for things.
trojanhorse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 14th, 2007, 02:09 PM   #10
Very Inspired

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6SicksSpeed View Post
they def wont notice the drop, but im torn on the issue

on one hand - if something ever happened and you need to fess up on the upgraded suspension, they're gonna be pissed (from what it sounds like). moreso pissed that you did it behind their back

on the other hand - after 25 years, if found that its MUCH easier to ask for forgiveness, than it is to ask for permission
lets see the pros and cons of asking for forgiveness vs permission.

permission = yes or no answer = no bad consequences = still keep the car

buying more crap without permission = angrey parents = possiblity of no more car = parents kick stupid child out of house = wait another 25 years to buy your own car
Old September 14th, 2007, 02:46 PM   #11

hate to sound like a prude, but my thoughts are similar to some that responded already responded - if your parents are paying for the car, and they do not want you modding it, then leave it alone. it's their car, not yours. you are only driving that car they are funding. god i'm getting old.

but to answer your questions...

1. your parents will prob not know the dif in drop. i tested my parents too just for fun after installing the HFP kit. it looks pretty "factory". they never noticed a difference, both in ride quality and visually. but i can do whatever the hell i want w/ my AV6 b/c i pay for it. never touched my old accord cuz parents paid for half of it.

2. i bought mine off this forum used as well. the guys said it had 10k miles on it. no problems so far =P.
dukwei is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 14th, 2007, 02:46 PM   #12
get'cha roll on...

Send a message via AIM to v6SicksSpeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by haiyter View Post
lets see the pros and cons of asking for forgiveness vs permission.

permission = yes or no answer = no bad consequences = still keep the car = NO HFP

buying more crap without permission = SWEET HFP = (possibly) angrey parents = possiblity of no more car = parents kick stupid child out of house = wait another 25 years to buy your own car
you forgot the most important part of the equation... (edited above)
v6SicksSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 14th, 2007, 06:59 PM   #13
KSU Owls

Send a message via AIM to Clemson538
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukwei View Post
hate to sound like a prude, but my thoughts are similar to some that responded already responded - if your parents are paying for the car, and they do not want you modding it, then leave it alone. it's their car, not yours. you are only driving that car they are funding. god i'm getting old.

1. your parents will prob not know the dif in drop. i tested my parents too just for fun after installing the HFP kit. it looks pretty "factory". they never noticed a difference, both in ride quality and visually. but i can do whatever the hell i want w/ my AV6 b/c i pay for it. never touched my old accord cuz parents paid for half of it.

2. i bought mine off this forum used as well. the guys said it had 10k miles on it. no problems so far =P.
Wow.. i think you guys are being kinda harsh.. the parents bought the car for him.. i think your takin the whole thing a little to seriously.. just ask your parents if you can get some springs.. i doubt they will care that much if you are paying for it.. the springs are NOT that big of a deal... If they do care that much.. and don't want you to do it.. just save the money up.. and once you get more money you will be thankful that you saved it.. its simple as that

Last edited by Clemson538; September 14th, 2007 at 07:02 PM..
Clemson538 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 17th, 2007, 10:41 AM   #14
Very Inspired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemson538 View Post
Wow.. i think you guys are being kinda harsh.. the parents bought the car for him.. i think your takin the whole thing a little to seriously.. just ask your parents if you can get some springs.. i doubt they will care that much if you are paying for it.. the springs are NOT that big of a deal... If they do care that much.. and don't want you to do it.. just save the money up.. and once you get more money you will be thankful that you saved it.. its simple as that
wtf, parents wont care? if they didnt care and were well off, i doubt their parents would buy him an accord. parents arent goign to let him install aftermarket. know why? cause they rather just leave the car in stock so they dont have to arguing about warranty issues if something goes wrong.
Old September 17th, 2007, 11:48 AM   #15
KSU Owls

Quote:
Originally Posted by haiyter View Post
wtf, parents wont care? if they didnt care and were well off, i doubt their parents would buy him an accord. parents arent goign to let him install aftermarket. know why? cause they rather just leave the car in stock so they dont have to arguing about warranty issues if something goes wrong.
no i didn't say the parents wont care.. come on now you can read better than that.. i said he should ask his parents about it and SEE how they feel about it.. not all parents feel the same way.. don't try to twist my words to suit you.. the thing he needs to do is talk to his parents and see where they stand on it... and we don't even know if there is a warranty on the car.. he hasn't said that.. on top of that a HFP 1" drop is not that big of a deal

Last edited by Clemson538; September 17th, 2007 at 11:53 AM..
Old September 18th, 2007, 10:02 AM   #16

I would tell them the truth..HFP is a factory item. It's similar to asking the dearlership for better tires. One reason why I chose HFP is because if I ever sell my car I can tell the buyer that its not "after market" its a OEM factory improvement.

Rick
THERUIZFAMILY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 18th, 2007, 10:48 AM   #17
Very Inspired

dont think the thread starter is ever coming back!
Old September 18th, 2007, 08:14 PM   #18

heh.. Looks like the thread starter has to come up with a decision.. It's his choice he should know the consequences cause in reality all parents are different...

Just to stay in the same subject... What do you guys think about installing HFP springs into the stock factory system?.. Any information on that? 1" all around difference? Would I need an alignment done? Camber Kit?
drive4fun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 18th, 2007, 09:29 PM   #19
KSU Owls

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive4fun View Post
heh.. Looks like the thread starter has to come up with a decision.. It's his choice he should know the consequences cause in reality all parents are different...

Just to stay in the same subject... What do you guys think about installing HFP springs into the stock factory system?.. Any information on that? 1" all around difference? Would I need an alignment done? Camber Kit?
youd just need an alignment done.. cause it would get a lil off after the install.. no need for a Camber Kit for only 1".. you should check out the Eibach 1.2" drop.. www.tirerack.com.. pretty good prices... and well.. they are Eibach.. I dunno how much you can get the HFP springs for..
Old October 3rd, 2007, 11:15 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukwei View Post

No, you are just seeing the world more clearly now. Everybody has this idea that being young&dumb is cool, try younger & aware. This coming from someone 2 years older than you.

About the HFP kit, I've heard that HFP isn't exactly Honda proper. It's kind of an off-shoot of the parent company (headed by Mr. Honda's kid or something). Anyway, you still might run into warrenty issues with it. Remember they can always say "the car didn't come that way".
Half-Breed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 3rd, 2007, 03:02 PM   #21

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half-Breed View Post
About the HFP kit, I've heard that HFP isn't exactly Honda proper. It's kind of an off-shoot of the parent company (headed by Mr. Honda's kid or something). Anyway, you still might run into warrenty issues with it. Remember they can always say "the car didn't come that way".
HFP kits (suspension, wheels, underbody spoilers) are totally Honda parts and will not void your warranty.
claw02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 4th, 2007, 03:38 PM   #22

Does anyone have HFP Springs on their sedan? Better than the Eibachs?
drive4fun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in