245/40/18? - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD WHEELS, TIRES, & SUSPENSION DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 5th, 2007, 05:16 PM   #1

245/40/18?

I found some rims that I'm interested in. 18x8 47 offset.

I will be lowered on the ProKit.

I know 235/40/80 should fit? but I wanna go a little thicker with the 245/40/18.

What do you guys think? Will I rub?

Ron
Ronnald is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 6th, 2007, 10:07 PM   #2

I have 18x8.5 with 245/40 on mine but I have a 45 offset. A 47 offset may rub. My fronts just barely fit under the wells when turning and going over bumps. The rears fit under just fine. I would go with a slimmer tire and it will probably work. Maybe 235. I really don't think you will see a difference in the handling.
noslow100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 7th, 2007, 12:35 AM   #3
DIY Mania

18x8.5 +45ET will stick out further than 18x8 +47ET. Ronnald, if noslow100's setup doesn't rub, yours shouldn't either.

I'm running 18x7.5 with +50ET and 225/45 R18 and the front tires hit the plastic fender clips if the suspension is fully compressed. I don't have camber kit and I'm on Prokit/Koni SP3.
thechamp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old October 7th, 2007, 10:42 PM   #4
MADE IN THE PHILIPPINES

with 18's. i think that's too beefy buddy.
aV6Pinoy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 8th, 2007, 03:24 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by noslow100 View Post
I have 18x8.5 with 245/40 on mine but I have a 45 offset. A 47 offset may rub. My fronts just barely fit under the wells when turning and going over bumps. The rears fit under just fine. I would go with a slimmer tire and it will probably work. Maybe 235. I really don't think you will see a difference in the handling.
Hmm...I wonder if 2 mm in offset will make that much of a difference. Besides your rims are 8.5", mine are 8", so I guess that should offset the difference in offset.

How do you like the look of the 245/40? Does it stick out or is it flush?
Old October 8th, 2007, 03:27 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by thechamp View Post
18x8.5 +45ET will stick out further than 18x8 +47ET. Ronnald, if noslow100's setup doesn't rub, yours shouldn't either.

I'm running 18x7.5 with +50ET and 225/45 R18 and the front tires hit the plastic fender clips if the suspension is fully compressed. I don't have camber kit and I'm on Prokit/Koni SP3.
I'm surprised your setup rubs. I was gonna go with exactly the same setup with 45 offset, and I've seen it many times on this forum that this setup is perfectly fine. What do you mean "when the suspension is compressed"? How do you compress it?

Ron
Old October 8th, 2007, 04:07 PM   #7
DIY Mania

Suspension is fully compressed when it's at its shortest. It's usually when the car hits a wide deep dip at higher speed, makes an agressive turn, etc.

I have a sedan though, which is more prone to rubbing. If you have a coupe, you have somewhat more room there.

I sense that you and noslow100 have the incorrect concept of offset and wheel width. If not, I'm sorry, but noslow100's setup should sit further out by about 8.25 mm than yours. The lower the offset, the further out it is.
Old October 8th, 2007, 09:39 PM   #8

Quote:
Suspension is fully compressed when it's at its shortest. It's usually when the car hits a wide deep dip at higher speed, makes an agressive turn, etc.

I have a sedan though, which is more prone to rubbing. If you have a coupe, you have somewhat more room there
Interesting, I didn't know the coupe and sedan are different. Well, I guess that's good news for me

Quote:
I sense that you and noslow100 have the incorrect concept of offset and wheel width. If not, I'm sorry, but noslow100's setup should sit further out by about 8.25 mm than yours. The lower the offset, the further out it is.
I agree with your calculations, to be exact I got 8.35 (25.4/4 + 2). But I'm not sure, he might be rubbing on the inside!

Also, if 2 wheels have the same offset, wheel A is 8" wide and wheel B is 8.5" wide. Does that mean that wheel B will stick out 1/4" towards the fender and will also stick out 1/4" towards the engine. Does that make sense? Or does it depend on the wheel?

Ron
Old October 9th, 2007, 12:35 AM   #9
DIY Mania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnald
Also, if 2 wheels have the same offset, wheel A is 8" wide and wheel B is 8.5" wide. Does that mean that wheel B will stick out 1/4" towards the fender and will also stick out 1/4" towards the engine.
Correct!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in