can someone answer me this - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD WHEELS, TIRES, & SUSPENSION DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 8th, 2007, 10:03 AM   #1
enjoying j36 luv

can someone answer me this

whats the diff with the tl sway bar with the accord and what about an after market one i dont hear anyone talking about after market its just the tl now both have to be changed or just the rear or front talk to me people
stillloco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 8th, 2007, 10:23 AM   #2
M90SC Boosting 13PSI

The TL-S sway bars can be had froma dealer for usualy $150 or less for the set with bushings, the aftermarket bars are much more expensive than that. Performance wise, there really is not much difference between the TL-S bars and the aftermarket ones.
NVA-AV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 8th, 2007, 11:01 AM   #3
enjoying j36 luv

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVA-AV6 View Post
The TL-S sway bars can be had froma dealer for usualy $150 or less for the set with bushings, the aftermarket bars are much more expensive than that. Performance wise, there really is not much difference between the TL-S bars and the aftermarket ones.

ok that makes sense but how is it better then stock accord ones ?? and front and rear need to be changed

Old October 8th, 2007, 11:25 AM   #4
M90SC Boosting 13PSI

Differences - oh and this has been discuused many times in different threads on here.

Front AV6- Made from a hollow tube.
Front TL-S- Solid bar = stronger, less sway

Rear AV6- I believe it is 15MM Diamemter
Rear TL-S- I believe it is 19MM Diameter, again stronger less sway

Replacing both creates a better match, some people only use the rear TL (NON-S) sway which I beleive is 17MM in diameter which many reports fixes alot of the oversteer issues and some have reported only replacing the rear with the TL-S will create understeer issues in the front, I use both front and rear TL-S bars and my car stays almost perfectly flat in high speed cornering..

Last edited by NVA-AV6; October 8th, 2007 at 11:31 AM..
NVA-AV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 8th, 2007, 11:27 AM   #5
enjoying j36 luv

Quote:
Differences - oh and this has been discuused many times in different threads on here.

Front TL-S- Solid bar.
oh and did knoe i looked but coulded find it but thanks and the rear needs to be changed or it can stay
Old October 8th, 2007, 11:56 AM   #6
Doc
J35S004

Quote:

Front TL-S- Solid bar = stronger, less sway

Rear AV6- I believe it is 15MM Diamemter
Rear TL-S- I believe it is 19MM Diameter, again stronger less sway

Replacing both creates a better match, some people only use the rear TL (NON-S) sway which I beleive is 17MM in diameter which many reports fixes alot of the oversteer issues and some have reported only replacing the rear with the TL-S will create understeer issues in the front, I use both front and rear TL-S bars and my car stays almost perfectly flat in high speed cornering..
I'm one of those with the TL rear
sway only. My experience is that it
flattened lean angles and it actually
balanced the handling at adhesion limits.
Less understeer but with the possibility
for snap oversteer if I abruptly lift
mid corner. Especially in the rain.
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 8th, 2007, 01:04 PM   #7
enjoying j36 luv

so im going to have to look for the front and rear from the tl-s for the best am i right
Old October 8th, 2007, 04:21 PM   #8
DIY Mania

I'm the minority here but IMO you only need to upgrade the rear swaybar. I have the TL 6MT rear swaybar (20 mm) and I'm happy with it. I feel that 22 mm would be much better though, but I don't want to spend any money for this.

These cars have pretty excessive understeer in stock form. If you upgrade both the front and rear, you only increase roll stiffness front and rear but won't really fix the understeering issue.

If you want the car to feel more neutral or less understeer in turns, upgrade the rear ONLY. The rear tires will break traction sooner with increased roll stiffness and the car will rotate slightly in turn if you lift the throttle -> less understeer.

So stillloco, IMO, upgrade the rear swaybar only to the 17 or 20 mm TL bar.

"Totally flat at corners" can mean that the suspension is fully compressed, not because of the thick swaybars. Of course if the suspension has nowhere else to go, the car will feel like it carves corners like it's on rails. But one bump midcorner and you snap into oversteer and upset the chassis.
thechamp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 8th, 2007, 04:26 PM   #9
Doc
J35S004

Quote:
Originally Posted by thechamp View Post
I'm the minority here but IMO you only need to upgrade the rear swaybar. I have the TL 6MT rear swaybar (20 mm) and I'm happy with it. I feel that 22 mm would be much better though, but I don't want to spend any money for this.

These cars have pretty excessive understeer in stock form. If you upgrade both the front and rear, you only increase roll stiffness front and rear but won't really fix the understeering issue.

If you want the car to feel more neutral or less understeer in turns, upgrade the rear ONLY. The rear tires will break traction sooner with increased roll stiffness and the car will rotate slightly in turn if you lift the throttle -> less understeer.

So stillloco, IMO, upgrade the rear swaybar only to the 17 or 20 mm TL bar.

"Totally flat at corners" can mean that the suspension is fully compressed, not because of the thick swaybars. Of course if the suspension has nowhere else to go, the car will feel like it carves corners like it's on rails. But one bump midcorner and you snap into oversteer and upset the chassis.
Exactly.
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 8th, 2007, 07:50 PM   #10
enjoying j36 luv

sounds good thank u for that case closed next lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in