6 Speed suspension vs. HFP suspension - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD WHEELS, TIRES, & SUSPENSION DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 26th, 2007, 10:04 AM   #1
Registered Hondaphile

6 Speed suspension vs. HFP suspension

well i know somewhere honda claims that the six speed suspension is better than the hfp. my reply to this... fvcking [email protected]!!

after havin to sell off my aftermarket setup (tein ss-p w/edfc, f+r neuspeed sways, dc sports strut), i could barely stand just having the oem 6 speed shocks/struts on there alone- just felt horrible, even with just regular driving.
after i put in the hfp suspension, holy shlt! what a difference! its at least bearable now not having any aftermarket suspension parts.
to compare a likeness to show how much better hfp is than 6speed, hfp suspension is almost as good as having 6 speed suspension with a neuspeed rear sway bar. and thats quite a difference if you ask me.

i dont know if anyone else out there has had both 6 speed and hfp suspension that can chime in on this...
anderson930 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 26th, 2007, 12:18 PM   #2

i drove on my stock 6spd suspension for about 9 months before changing to HFP. i dont know whre you heard that Honda claimed the 6spd suspension actually better. that doesnt make any sense from a biz standpoint. wouldnt Honda want to sell more HFP kits? anyways, 6spd suspension stock is softer and more comfy. but obviously HFP performs better around the corners. just my 2cents.
dukwei is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 26th, 2007, 01:02 PM   #3
Registered Hondaphile

well they say it to make the 6 speed stand out above the rest so ppl will buy more 6MT's. i know i read honda makin the claim somewhere, but ill never find it, it was in some magazine somewhere. but here's a quote from H & A- the HFP suspension is "Not as great of a handling improvement on 6 speed models as they already have upgraded suspension from the factory."
so in a way, it does make sense; makin ppl believe the 6 speed is one of a kind in performance, but like i said, they are LIARS!!

Old October 26th, 2007, 01:08 PM   #4

Send a message via AIM to 99VTECCoupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by anderson930 View Post
hfp suspension is almost as good as having 6 speed suspension with a neuspeed rear sway bar.
And that's supposed to be impressive? I have a TL 20mm rear sway and still think the suspension is way too soft.
99VTECCoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 26th, 2007, 01:13 PM   #5
Registered Hondaphile

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99VTECCoupe View Post
And that's supposed to be impressive? I have a TL 20mm rear sway and still think the suspension is way too soft.
well we're talkin stock here buddy, hfp suspension alone is better than 6 speed suspension alone, thats all im sayin..
Old October 26th, 2007, 02:16 PM   #6
Formerly EPS Sniper

Send a message via AIM to ATX 6Speed
I've had the 6 speed suspension, Eibach/Koni setup, and the HFP setup. The Eibachs/Konis were more confidence inspiring by a long shot, but they rode bad to me. The HFPs ride NICE and they handle pretty well for being a factory setup. I put the TL rear sway on and I think that where the car is at now is pretty good.

I plan on getting an additional front strut tower brace, TL front sway, and some subframe bracing to supplement the HFP setup. I think it's a great balance between comfort and performance and it definitely has potential.
ATX 6Speed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 26th, 2007, 03:20 PM   #7
Call me Rooster Cogburn

Has anyone put the HFP suspension on a sedan yet? I know it'll work, but I'm just wondering if there's any drawbacks to doing it.
San-LC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 26th, 2007, 03:33 PM   #8

I think the 6MT stock springs are a higher spring rate than the other V6 springs (not by leaps and bounds)
rajin929 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 26th, 2007, 03:34 PM   #9
Formerly EPS Sniper

A few people have. The sedans benefit nicely from it. Definitely go for it if you get the opportunity. If you need some pics, OptimusV6 has it and so does acb384.
Old October 26th, 2007, 03:38 PM   #10
Call me Rooster Cogburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by eps sniper View Post
A few people have. The sedans benefit nicely from it. Definitely go for it if you get the opportunity. If you need some pics, OptimusV6 has it and so does acb384.
Well, the only place I know of to get it from is handa-accessories.com, and it's $600. Is there a cheaper place to find it?
San-LC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 31st, 2007, 12:12 PM   #11

I have the HFP suspension with a rear 22mm Comptech rear sway bar and rear camber adjustable bars, and I can tell you the handling upgrade is very substantial. In stock form with oem 6sp suspension the car handled poorly. I wouldnt feel safe pushing it to the limits. The HFP suspension is an excellent upgrade, making the car much better handling(and better looking), especially for it's reasonable pricetag. It should have been the factory installed suspension on these accord coupes!
Jon2002 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 31st, 2007, 12:25 PM   #12
EliteCM.net

Send a message via AIM to sy272004 Send a message via Yahoo to sy272004
doesnt HFP suspension lowers car by 1" too? i can feel that my handling is horrible at hight speeds, its too soft. im gona look for it but in couple month when i get kit put on in sprint
sy272004 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 31st, 2007, 03:49 PM   #13
neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel

Send a message via AIM to implayaz9 Send a message via Yahoo to implayaz9
HFP suspension is not worth the money i think.. cause for that amount and add few hundred dollars and u can get nice stiff setup! i.e from teins/ksports etc
implayaz9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 31st, 2007, 05:35 PM   #14
Formerly EPS Sniper

Some people don't like stiff. Some people are also a bit nervous about their warranties. I hated the ride quality with my Prokit/Koni setup.

I wish the height was lower. I might swap out the Showa shocks for Konis in the future, which will lower it another 1/4 - 1/2 inch, plus I get the ride quality adjustments.
Old November 1st, 2007, 11:05 AM   #15
Registered Hondaphile

i guess its not worth it if youre willing to put out an extra couple bucks more for the konis or whatever... but im weary about gettin aftermarket stuff thats not top of the line only bc of my experience with my high school car... i had a sentra that i pimped the fvck out, but with bottom of the line products... and it came back to bite me in the ass. so now, if i go aftermarket, im only gonna go with the best of the best, hence my tein ss-p's when the car was modded. so yeah as far as staying stock, its not too bad financially
Old November 7th, 2007, 04:42 PM   #16

The HFP suspension does ride very nice, lowers the car quite a bit and improves handling over stock. If you don't want the brick ride of some of the aftermarket stuff and want to keep your warranty, this is definitely the ticket.
onewheat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 3rd, 2007, 08:51 PM   #17
Grandpa

Send a message via AIM to George Knighton
Quote:
well i know somewhere honda claims that the six speed suspension is better than the hfp.
Beginning with the 2006 model year, both sedan and coupe six speeds received modified suspension bushings and different spring rates.

Very early 2006 6-6 Coupes will have had the different spring rates, but not the modified bushings. I'm not sure how this happened, but the first couple of months worth of 2006 MY 6-6 Coupes were like this.
George Knighton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 14th, 2007, 03:12 PM   #18

i have 6 Speed Suspension and its soft and comfy but wayy to much body roll and thats when some TL-s Sway bars come in
R3DL1NETHIZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 17th, 2007, 10:12 AM   #19
get'cha roll on...

Send a message via AIM to v6SicksSpeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk6speed View Post
doesnt the stock 6-speed manual set-up include a rear sway bar? if so, are the aftermarket neuspeed one or the TL one better?
every car has a rear sway, but the stock accord rear sway is the same across the board (14mm diameter).
neuspeed makes one that is 19mm, the TL is 20mm and comptech has a 22mm version.
v6SicksSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 26th, 2007, 09:18 PM   #20
be JDM as you can be

Hfp

HFP is expensive, should just put on the Tein SS Coilovers and be happy
ILoveMYHonda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 3rd, 2008, 12:45 PM   #21
Long Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by San-LC View Post
Has anyone put the HFP suspension on a sedan yet? I know it'll work, but I'm just wondering if there's any drawbacks to doing it.
The current setup on my sedan is HFP suspension with the TL swaybar. I think it is the best compromise of handling and confort you can get. The car sits lower and the ride is firmer, but not to the point of being harsh. Everybody that rides my car compliment it. I used to have the tein S suspension in my car, and it was harsh and lower. I highly recomment the HFP suspension (got it from handa.com)

TL-S Wheels - HFP Suspension - TL-S Sway Bar - OEM Front Lip - Ingalls Camber Kit - Deck Lid Spoiler - Borla Catback
OptimusV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 18th, 2008, 12:07 PM   #22
6 Gears & 6 Cylinders

Send a message via AIM to 03BlkV6mt
how much are u guys getting your HFP suspensions for? Any recommendations for strut for coupe?
03BlkV6mt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 18th, 2008, 02:07 PM   #23
Registered Hondaphile

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03BlkV6mt View Post
how much are u guys getting your HFP suspensions for? Any recommendations for strut for coupe?
i paid $300 for mine but it was used and i'd recommend either nuespeed or dc sports cs-2 strut
Old January 22nd, 2008, 11:22 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveMYHonda View Post
HFP is expensive, should just put on the Tein SS Coilovers and be happy
900$ dats a lot of money for suspension and thats without the uupper mounts

J-Pipe
For Now
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
R3DL1NETHIZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 23rd, 2008, 02:29 PM   #25
get'cha roll on...

Quote:
i paid $300 for mine but it was used and i'd recommend either nuespeed or dc sports cs-2 strut
dude, when you had the dc sports strut, did that fit OVER your stock 6-speed strut, or did you take the 6-speed one off?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old January 24th, 2008, 09:51 AM   #26
Registered Hondaphile

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6SicksSpeed View Post
dude, when you had the dc sports strut, did that fit OVER your stock 6-speed strut, or did you take the 6-speed one off?
It fit over it
Old January 24th, 2008, 10:40 AM   #27
keepin' it OG

Send a message via AIM to Kiet
yeah, just get teins ss or something. in the future, you'll want to go lower. you wont be able to do that with the hfp.
Kiet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 25th, 2008, 10:07 AM   #28
get'cha roll on...

Quote:
It fit over it
thats what i though, but someone in a dif thread had me second guessing what i saw with my own eye - hah
Old January 27th, 2008, 09:22 PM   #29
6 Gears & 6 Cylinders

Send a message via AIM to 03BlkV6mt
what do you think about this setup for $599 includes springs and shocks...

http://www.neuspeed.com/products/product_details.asp?app=50|AC&type=2&ltype=ns_impo rt&p_id=1935
03BlkV6mt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 28th, 2008, 01:08 PM   #30

I think the moral of this story is... STOCK SUCKS!!
Bernie0116 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in