More Improvement on Handling? - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD WHEELS, TIRES, & SUSPENSION DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 28th, 2007, 01:23 AM   #1
MoDifYiNg BoOm

Send a message via MSN to Littlecowc8
More Improvement on Handling?

I have a 2006 Accord EX V6, and I would like to improve my handling, but after I put so much stuff on there, I don't know what else can improve my handling anymore.

I have:

Tein Basic Coilover, Greddy Strut Bar, ST Rear Sway Bar and Hipro Speed Rear Strut Bar. I am wondering if I put front sway bar will make my handling better? and is there something better to improve my handling? thanks!
Littlecowc8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 28th, 2007, 01:25 AM   #2
M

what's a hipro speed rear strut bar?
imnotmatt1189 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 28th, 2007, 01:30 AM   #3
LaLaLaLa

Send a message via AIM to stupidaznmunkey
sorry but tein coilovers suck...get new coilovers. that will help your handling at least 100% - either that or get higher spring rates on the teins...that will definately improve your handling

get better tires - they always are a determining factor, ummm there are a few other upgrades like pillars, bushings, tie bar, and some other stuff i dont know what its called but yeah thats all i can think of off the top of my head
stupidaznmunkey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old October 28th, 2007, 01:37 AM   #4
MoDifYiNg BoOm

Hipro Speed Rear Strut Bar is like a brace bar, here is the link.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda...spagenameZWDVW

I got the Tein Coilovers as a gift for my birthday, it not that good so I am consider to change to JIC Coilover, I heard it really good.

I did put the Ingall Camber kit on my car, but the can you guys tell me will the front sway bar make big change?
Old October 28th, 2007, 01:42 AM   #5
M

oh thats not a strut bar. its a lower rear tie bar. a strut bar would go up top... and i don't think there are rear strut bars for the 7th gen av6
Old October 28th, 2007, 01:49 AM   #6
MoDifYiNg BoOm

oh!!! ic! My Bad!! But does anyone have frunt sway bar and know the different before and after?
Old October 28th, 2007, 01:50 AM   #7
LaLaLaLa

Send a message via AIM to stupidaznmunkey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlecowc8 View Post

I got the Tein Coilovers as a gift for my birthday, it not that good so I am consider to change to JIC Coilover, I heard it really good.

I did put the Ingall Camber kit on my car, but the can you guys tell me will the front sway bar make big change?
yeah slang the teins for some JIC

how thick is the front sway bar? the thicker the less roll you will have, it just depends on how you want your car to react after it peaks limit. (understeer, or oversteer)
stupidaznmunkey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 28th, 2007, 10:16 AM   #8
03 AV6 Coupe

What tires are you running? Tires make a world of difference in the handling dept.
hondav6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 28th, 2007, 11:36 AM   #9
Very Inspired

Send a message via AIM to haiyter
Quote:
Originally Posted by imnotmatt1189 View Post
oh thats not a strut bar. its a lower rear tie bar. a strut bar would go up top... and i don't think there are rear strut bars for the 7th gen av6
was going to say that, but wasnt there a thread somewhere that said those dont do squat for our car
haiyter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 28th, 2007, 10:55 PM   #10

Whats wrong with Tein Coils?
aDo Manija is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 29th, 2007, 12:21 AM   #11
M

Quote:
Originally Posted by aDo Manija View Post
Whats wrong with Tein Coils?
i guess they're not as good as the other ones. i'm not saying from experience, i'm just saying from what i've read up on this site. something about them being too soft or something like that.
Old October 29th, 2007, 11:43 AM   #12

Quote:

My TL-s front sway bar goes in tonight
Bye-bye $300 (install cost at Acura).
Since my car is still an infant, I haven't driven it hard at all; but it doesn't feel as nimble as my Rolla, so $640 later we will see if any of this helped.
Half-Breed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 29th, 2007, 12:23 PM   #13
Very Inspired

Send a message via AIM to haiyter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Half-Breed View Post
My TL-s front sway bar goes in tonight
Bye-bye $300 (install cost at Acura).
Since my car is still an infant, I haven't driven it hard at all; but it doesn't feel as nimble as my Rolla, so $640 later we will see if any of this helped.
wow $300 bucks for a front installation cost, i only had to pay like $60 for my installation, you must be rich lol. As for front sway bar differences, your not going to notice as much.
haiyter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 2nd, 2007, 03:43 PM   #14
DaLab

i have tein coilovers, and i love em...it handles to my liking, but of course i need new tires and i wanna get the TL-S swaybars too then i'll see how i like it
LyRiKaL_CM8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 2nd, 2007, 03:47 PM   #15
A n g u s D e i

Send a message via AIM to itchthys
lol $300 for a front sway install?

-> ->
itchthys is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 29th, 2007, 12:26 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchthys View Post
lol $300 for a front sway install?

-> ->
Yeah, know what, whatever, I tried going to other places to have it done. Everywhere I went one of two things would happen; "Hell no, we ain't putting that thing in. I don't care if it's OEM, the one on your car ain't broken, and the one you want on there is from a different car; that means it's a performance upgrade, so bye-bye.", or the places that did agree to do it were charging as much (sometimes more) than Acura.
So I had it done before I ended up saying "F-it" and storing the bars in the garage. Maybe you live in an area that is still "cool with" putting on parts, but up here, car places have pretty much all lost their nuts for doing anything other than oil changes. Hell, if you had some better options for me, you should have told me during that, hmmmmmmmmmmm, 3 month period when I was asking.
Half-Breed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 29th, 2007, 12:54 AM   #17
oSCaR

I got my front and rear sways installed with an alignment for like 150 iirc.
v6_ccord_2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 29th, 2007, 11:43 AM   #18
Jerzy

Quote:
oh!!! ic! My Bad!! But does anyone have frunt sway bar and know the different before and after?
get the TL-S sway bars front n back makes it lot better look into eibach springs they ride a lot better than tein
killahsi2003 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 29th, 2007, 11:51 AM   #19
J35 6Spd

i have tein SS and theyre def not too soft... so far i love them, better than my last set up of koni yellows w/eibach prokit
Kschwiggy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 29th, 2007, 12:00 PM   #20
Bobby Lane Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by stupidaznmunkey View Post
sorry but tein coilovers suck...get new coilovers. that will help your handling at least 100% - either that or get higher spring rates on the teins...that will definately improve your handling

get better tires - they always are a determining factor, ummm there are a few other upgrades like pillars, bushings, tie bar, and some other stuff i dont know what its called but yeah thats all i can think of off the top of my head
Why do they suck, please explain.

There is a difference between street, and track applications for a reason. IMO Coilovers are made for track use, they are stiff, you become more intact with the road, etc. Therefore if you don't track your car, don't buy coilovers. You will hate driving on the streets with them. A cars suspension out of the lot is made for daily street driving. Smooth like butter. If you want to lower your car without sacrificing the smooth like oem performance, get some springs with oem shocks/struts. There is nothing wrong with TEIN's. If you are buying this equipment for your car, and using it for the right purpose, you would not have any problems with it. Another tip, (a little oversteer is better than any understeer). So if you throw on that sway bar and get mad understeer, i'd put it back to stock. This is just my opinion, I do track cars all the time and I can feel the difference of the suspension modifications. Modify for a purpose, and don't modify just to have, or for show.
nighthawk04v6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 29th, 2007, 01:25 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnotmatt1189 View Post
i guess they're not as good as the other ones. i'm not saying from experience, i'm just saying from what i've read up on this site. something about them being too soft or something like that.
If my tein coilovers are too "soft" then I would sure hate to feel what the *good* coilovers ride like. Tein SS-P FTW
1greek4u is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 29th, 2007, 07:33 PM   #22

i was looking into getting the tein basic coilovers for autocross... however, what are some other coilovers made for the 7gen?
JDMMonkeyTuning is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 30th, 2007, 12:49 AM   #23
346hp/300tq @ 4psi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMMonkeyTuning View Post
i was looking into getting the tein basic coilovers for autocross... however, what are some other coilovers made for the 7gen?
i heard d2's coilovers are nice and stiff for auto Xing, but too bone jarring for dd.

ive had the tein ss-p for awhile now and i love them. people b##ch about them not being stiff enough when adjusted all the way. i dont think so, but i really dont track my car either. trust me, you dont want them any stiffer especially if your driving around with 19's on rubberbands. =/
04accordcpe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 30th, 2007, 12:39 PM   #24
Bobby Lane Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04accordcpe View Post
i heard d2's coilovers are nice and stiff for auto Xing, but too bone jarring for dd.

ive had the tein ss-p for awhile now and i love them. people b##ch about them not being stiff enough when adjusted all the way. i dont think so, but i really dont track my car either. trust me, you dont want them any stiffer especially if your driving around with 19's on rubberbands. =/
D2 and ksport are manufactured by the same company with a different paint/powdercoat. Honestly, they are crap, and don't make any of their own stuff. They just purchase from a manufacturer and pay the manufacturer for the paint and label. They reason why they are way cheap with so many adjustments is cause they only back their product for 1 year. Teins are good, they back their products 100%.
nighthawk04v6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in